• 2 Post By Deborah

#1 of 17 Old 07-23-2015, 07:17 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3199 Post(s)
Undue industry influences that distort healthcare research

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23521369

Quote:
We located abundance of consistent evidence demonstrating that the industry has created means to intervene in all steps of the processes that determine healthcare research, strategy, expenditure, practice and education. As a result of these interferences, the benefits of drugs and other products are often exaggerated and their potential harms are downplayed, and clinical guidelines, medical practice, and healthcare expenditure decisions are biased.
I think vaccines might be included under "other products". Given the difficulty of suing for vaccine damage in the US or anywhere else in the world, the temptation to push lots and lots of vaccines must be overwhelming.

See Gardasil, Denmark. The chances that any of the companies involved will actually have to suffer any consequences if they did know and cover up problems from their HPV vaccines is so low as to be impossible to measure. There is, I suspect, a good chance that the problems will continue to be covered up and the medical establishment and drug companies will continue to whine about low uptake of these vaccines.

I also suspect that the HPV vaccines will be added to the mandated group ASAP in the US.
applejuice, emmy526, 95191 and 3 others like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 17 Old 07-23-2015, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 109 Post(s)
Quoted: 1644 Post(s)
I really don't know which is worse: That the corruption exists at such a deep level or the fact that some people can easily excuse it. Maybe they just don't care.

#3 of 17 Old 07-23-2015, 07:18 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post
I really don't know which is worse: That the corruption exists at such a deep level or the fact that some people can easily excuse it. Maybe they just don't care.

I'm going to add this link to the "consensus" thread.
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

prevent it

#4 of 17 Old 07-24-2015, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 2597 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by samaxtics View Post

They cannot allow themselves to believe and will defend to the end. Who wants to admit to themselves, never mind publicly, that something they allowed to be done to their children was built on such a shaky foundation?

Harsh, I know - but what other excuse is there for dismissal and denial?

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.
#5 of 17 Old 07-24-2015, 09:32 AM

Mentioned: 586 Post(s)
Quoted: 3680 Post(s)
"We located abundance of consistent evidence demonstrating that the industry has created means to intervene in all steps of the processes that determine healthcare research, strategy, expenditure, practice and education. As a result of these interferences, the benefits of drugs and other products are often exaggerated and their potential harms are downplayed, and clinical guidelines, medical practice, and healthcare expenditure decisions are biased."

That quote could reference any drug.

"How can you read that and still think insulin made by Big Pharma is effective at treating diabetes?! Or that HIV medication is effective at keeping the virus from replicating in your body and prolonging life expectancy? Did you know that there are over 30 different drugs that have been approved by the FDA to be sold by Big Pharma for HIV with tons more in the pipeline? Do you know how many billions and billions of dollars they make selling those drugs? How can you read that quote and not believe it's all a sham? Clearly it's denial."

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience

Last edited by teacozy; 07-24-2015 at 09:39 AM.
#6 of 17 Old 07-24-2015, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
"We located abundance of consistent evidence demonstrating that the industry has created means to intervene in all steps of the processes that determine healthcare research, strategy, expenditure, practice and education. As a result of these interferences, the benefits of drugs and other products are often exaggerated and their potential harms are downplayed, and clinical guidelines, medical practice, and healthcare expenditure decisions are biased."

That quote could reference any drug.

"How can you read that and still think insulin made by Big Pharma is effective at treating diabetes?! Or that HIV medication is effective at keeping the virus from replicating in your body and prolonging life expectancy? Did you know that there are over 30 different drugs that have been approved by the FDA to be sold by Big Pharma for HIV with tons more in the pipeline? Do you know how many billions and billions of dollars they make selling those drugs? How can you read that quote and not believe it's all a sham? Clearly it's denial."
Neat system. Are you saying that we have a choice between absolute trust in the FDA and the drug companies (despite manipulation of evidence and signs of captive regulatory agencies) or absolute distrust? That seems a bit extreme.
applejuice and Anne Jividen like this.

prevent it
#7 of 17 Old 07-24-2015, 10:03 AM - Thread Starter

If I do get into a situation where a drug is necessary, I'll talk to a doctor and ask what they can recommend that has the lowest level of side-effects and has been on the market for at least 10 years.

I strongly recommend avoiding new, popular, blockbuster drugs unless there is absolutely no alternative.
applejuice and Anne Jividen like this.

prevent it
#8 of 17 Old 07-24-2015, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Neat system. Are you saying that we have a choice between absolute trust in the FDA and the drug companies (despite manipulation of evidence and signs of captive regulatory agencies) or absolute distrust? That seems a bit extreme.
It is extreme. Which is exactly the point I am trying to make. That quote does not mean vaccines aren't safe and effective anymore than it means insulin is ineffective.

I can think Big Pharma has been shady in the past with drug X but it doesn't follow that that means I then have to also believe they are being shady about drug Y now.

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience

Last edited by teacozy; 07-24-2015 at 10:26 AM.
#9 of 17 Old 07-24-2015, 11:13 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
It is extreme. Which is exactly the point I am trying to make. That quote does not mean vaccines aren't safe and effective anymore than it means insulin is ineffective.

I can think Big Pharma has been shady in the past with drug X but it doesn't follow that that means I then have to also believe they are being shady about drug Y now.
Well, your position strikes me as both extreme and absurd. If your trust turns out to be misplaced you could end up dead or chronically ill. High price to pay.

Why not exercise some judgement? Do some research? Get a second opinion? Use a drug that has been on the market for a few years?

prevent it
#10 of 17 Old 07-24-2015, 03:55 PM

Mentioned: 115 Post(s)
Quoted: 1433 Post(s)
Quote:

So is the science settled on ALL vaccines?
#11 of 17 Old 07-24-2015, 05:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenbat View Post
So is the science settled on ALL vaccines?
for every body?

prevent it
#12 of 17 Old 07-25-2015, 11:50 AM

Quote:

Why not exercise some judgement? Do some research? Get a second opinion? Use a drug that has been on the market for a few years?
Re vaccines- done done and done!

#13 of 17 Old 07-25-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Re vaccines- done done and done!
So ALL the science is settled on ALL vaccines-according to you?
#14 of 17 Old 07-25-2015, 06:07 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
So ALL the science is settled on ALL vaccines-according to you?
I think teacozy was referring to this comment I made: "Why not exercise some judgement? Do some research? Get a second opinion? Use a drug that has been on the market for a few years?" and saying that she feels she is exercising some judgement, has done some research and has gotten second opinions. Plus she is using vaccines that have been on the market for a few years.

It is pulling it out of context, as I was referring to drugs, not vaccines, but no problem. I'm fine with people who trust vaccines vaccinating and dealing with whatever comes. Their choice, their life.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#15 of 17 Old 07-25-2015, 07:07 PM

Quote:
I think teacozy was referring to this comment I made: "Why not exercise some judgement? Do some research? Get a second opinion? Use a drug that has been on the market for a few years?" and saying that she feels she is exercising some judgement, has done some research and has gotten second opinions. Plus she is using vaccines that have been on the market for a few years.

It is pulling it out of context, as I was referring to drugs, not vaccines, but no problem. I'm fine with people who trust vaccines vaccinating and dealing with whatever comes. Their choice, their life.
I'm sure there is a reason @teacozy avoided directly answering my question and prefers to spin on the subject!!!!! I'm sure it quite clear to others too!
#16 of 17 Old 07-26-2015, 06:14 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I'm sure there is a reason @teacozy avoided directly answering my question and prefers to spin on the subject!!!!! I'm sure it quite clear to others too!
Generally, if someone avoids answering a question or commenting on something I do assume I'm on the right track. Who wants to deal with the difficult questions?
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#17 of 17 Old 07-27-2015, 06:01 PM - Thread Starter

I consider to see studies like the one referenced in the first post as fair warning that you just don't know what you are getting when you accept a drug, especially a new, recently approved drug. So why not exercise due diligence?

And I also see no reason why exercising due diligence with vaccines is a bad idea.

My favorite pro-vaccine slogan? "Vaccines are a no-brainer."
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

prevent it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page