• 1 Post By Crazybean
  • 2 Post By Crazybean

#1 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 586 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3680 Post(s)
"100 bad arguments against vaccines"

http://thelogicofscience.com/2015/10...inst-vaccines/

This is obviously more for the pro-vaccine members but thought I'd post it here instead of the VOS forum since this forum gets more traffic.

Enjoy!

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 10:10 AM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Quoted: 3193 Post(s)
First obviously false argument in the list--obviously I don't have time to go through all 100

Quote:
Bad Argument #5). “Vaccine safety trials are only carried out on healthy babies, children and adults yet once approved, they are given to everyone – healthy or not.”
Actually, there are quite a few illnesses and disorders (such as being immunocompromised) that will prevent you from getting a vaccine (please see the CDC recommendations).
Note that this one doesn't actually address the problem. They move from the reality--vaccine trials are run on a narrowly screened population and are then rolled out to the general population--to the CDC general rules on contraindications. Since the vaccines are not trialed on, say, kids with asthma, the general rules that, say, asthma is not a contraindication doesn't constitute evidence that giving a 5 year old with asthma two or three combo vaccines at once is safe.

Notice that this one is only supported by one link and that link isn't a scientific study.

Like shooting fish in a fishbowl.
Mirzam, applejuice and samaxtics like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
#3 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 389 Post(s)
Saving for future reference

#4 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 2106 Post(s)
This should serve as a nice resource for you, having every pro-vaccine-compliance talking point ever hashed out on MDC compiled in one place.
Mirzam, Deborah and EMRguy like this.

I'm the crunchy mom Dr. Amy warned you about.
#teamvaxchoice

RIP old MDC. We miss you!
#5 of 10 Old 10-15-2015, 11:39 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
I'd post it in VOS as well. It won't get as lost there, and we could have a discussion without being derailed by the non/anti-vax viewpoints.
teacozy likes this.
#6 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 04:28 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by prosciencemum View Post
I'd post it in VOS as well. It won't get as lost there, and we could have a discussion without being derailed by the non/anti-vax viewpoints.
Good idea

The earth is not flat | Vaccines work | Chemtrails aren't a thing | Climate change is real #standupforscience
#7 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
I skimmed it. It seems sort of pablumy...not much depth or meat to it. I would be happy to discuss individual points, however.

I do not agree at all that most of the points are "bad arguments." (although some are) An argument you do not like, or does not resonate with you, does not make it bad. I think many of his rebuttals were weak, and some of his conclusions based on of very meager evidence.
Mirzam, Deborah and Crazybean like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.
#8 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 08:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
I got to #38 before I could no longer ignore it.. I skipped over others..

Are we discussing individual points? If so, I'm looking a 38.

#38 . Argument- This one talks about the immune system and not knowing enough about it to be injecting a 6 weeks old. His response- "That’s odd, because I could have sworn that when I took immunology a few years ago, I had to memorize exactly how the immune system works. In fact, I still have the sizable textbook from that course and it explains the immune system in excruciating detail..."

(see article below)

http://neurosciencenews.com/lymphati...obiology-2080/

That's odd, I could have SWORN this article discusses a new discovery in the immune system so no, he doesn't know exactly how it works and how it impacts the CNS.
I agree with his comment in another earlier argument that technology is better now than in the 60's. However, new discoveries are made daily and it is ignorant to think anyone knows everything about the human body. If you don't know what you are looking for during research, you won't find it unless it is an accident or something prompts someone to search for a specific detail. For example, new viruses are found all the time in animals. However, it is okay to be injecting their DNA into humans when scientists are worried about viruses (like the flu virus) mutating, jumping species and causing illness?
Mirzam likes this.
#9 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 08:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazybean View Post
I got to #38 before I could no longer ignore it.. I skipped over others..

Are we discussing individual points? If so, I'm looking a 38.

#38 . Argument- This one talks about the immune system and not knowing enough about it to be injecting a 6 weeks old. His response- "That’s odd, because I could have sworn that when I took immunology a few years ago, I had to memorize exactly how the immune system works. In fact, I still have the sizable textbook from that course and it explains the immune system in excruciating detail..."

(see article below)

http://neurosciencenews.com/lymphati...obiology-2080/

That's odd, I could have SWORN this article discusses a new discovery in the immune system so no, he doesn't know exactly how it works and how it impacts the CNS.
I agree with his comment in another earlier argument that technology is better now than in the 60's. However, new discoveries are made daily and it is ignorant to think anyone knows everything about the human body. If you don't know what you are looking for during research, you won't find it unless it is an accident or something prompts someone to search for a specific detail. For example, new viruses are found all the time in animals. However, it is okay to be injecting their DNA into humans when scientists are worried about viruses (like the flu virus) mutating, jumping species and causing illness?
He was responding to the statement that the medical profession "has no clue" how the immune system works, which is objectively not true. We know a great deal about the immune system. There are thousands of studies on the subject as he pointed out. That doesn't mean we know everything. We don't know everything about space or the solar system but we still know that the earth revolves around the sun, etc.

Last edited by teacozy; 10-16-2015 at 08:44 AM.
#10 of 10 Old 10-16-2015, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by teacozy View Post
He was responding to their statement that the medical profession "has no clue" how the immune system works, which is not true. We know a great deal about the immune system. There are thousands of studies as he pointed out. That doesn't mean we know everything. We don't know everything about space or the solar system but we still know that the earth revolves around the sun, etc.
Yes but apparently the studies and the books around today are based on information gathered before this new discovery-- what does this change? We have yet to see. I get that basic ideas are known but he pointed out how he studied immunology and his textbook had "excruciating" detail about it.. well, he was taught based on OLD evidence-- yes somethings will stay the same (general ideas, components, how cells work etc) but until you know how the brain and immune system connect, the human body is still a mystery. So the argument about how do *THEY* know it won't hurt the baby at 6 weeks old is valid-- they don't know. They don't know when this pathway forms, they don't know when it is fully developed, it is too new to know what role it plays. Some people talk about the blood brain barrier-- well, what if this pathway can be altered at such a young age? What impacts it? Anything? Even the baby's skull is not fully developed at birth so what else is developing in the body?
Mirzam and Deborah like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page