Corrupt system not just around vaccines - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

779Likes

#31 of 430 Old 03-11-2016, 12:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
http://www.voicesoftomorrow.org/us/t...sant-disaster/

There are so many toxic disasters covered up I could go on all day.
Quote:
But what is not widely known is the fact that behind the scenes BP, with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) blessing, was creating an even more toxic mess – contaminating the crime scene with Corexit 9500, a dispersant that had been banned in the UK 10 years ago because of its proven toxicity. Indeed, even the EPA’s own toxicological assessments of Corexit 9500 as being the most harmful and least effective dispersant of the 18 on the market that it evaluated should have prohibited its use.
And yet, people will insist, over and over that it is completely impossible that vaccines are less than "very" safe. Well regulated. Developed and distributed by excellent companies that wouldn't lie about either safety or efficacy. Even though these same companies are spotted lying on a regular basis. Regulatory agencies are caught cooperating with the companies they are supposed to be regulating to hide problems.

I think anyone who is free of trust issues is suffering from gullibility syndrome.
Xerxella, Anne Jividen and Nemi27 like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 430 Old 03-12-2016, 06:46 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
I wanted to add another book to this thread:

Concussion by Jeanne Marie Laskas

Here is an interview with Dr. Omalu http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontl...-bennet-omalu/

After he published his first paper on brain damage following a football career:

It sounds as though the movie makes the whole story a lot crazier than the real life version.

Anyway, the NFL did a very good job of delaying and fighting back against any connection between playing football and brain injury. They weren't able to shut things down altogether, but by manipulating the science and attacking their critics very vigorously, they prevented football players from even knowing why they were going crazy, much less getting compensated for their injuries for quite a long time. The NFL doesn't have nearly has much money as the pharmaceutical companies.
A close family member of mine is going through with the class action against the NFL. Want to talk about corruption?... The initial suit was brought to primarily cover CTE and then other degenerative disorders were thrown in.The final ruling only granted compensation for CTE for players who died of it between the years of like 2007 to 2014.So anyone else who gets diagnosed after 2014 with only CTE well....they get $0. Talk about corruption. Thankfully the final ruling is in appeals to get CTE fully covered, time will tell how that turns out. The NFL lawyers reasoning for limiting CTE payout claims to those few short years?...they cant definitively say its not caused by something else.Down the road it may come out that something else causes it and they dont want to be stuck paying out the claims.
Deborah, Turquesa and Anne Jividen like this.
#33 of 430 Old 03-12-2016, 06:49 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Quote:

I think anyone who is free of trust issues is suffering from gullibility syndrome.
Well said.

#34 of 430 Old 03-12-2016, 06:51 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebear3 View Post
A close family member of mine is going through with the class action against the NFL. Want to talk about corruption?... The initial suit was brought to primarily cover CTE and then other degenerative disorders were thrown in.The final ruling only granted compensation for CTE for players who died of it between the years of like 2007 to 2014.So anyone else who gets diagnosed after 2014 with only CTE well....they get $0. Talk about corruption. Thankfully the final ruling is in appeals to get CTE fully covered, time will tell how that turns out. The NFL lawyers reasoning for limiting CTE payout claims to those few short years?...they cant definitively say its not caused by something else.Down the road it may come out that something else causes it and they dont want to be stuck paying out the claims.
Well, with enough publicity perhaps fewer kids will want to play football. Trying to find a bright side.

prevent it
#35 of 430 Old 03-12-2016, 10:17 PM

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anne Jividen View Post
Wanted to share this here:

http://chronicle.com/article/The-Wat...fessor/235136/

I think the whole article is really good hard for me to highlight just one thing.
Wow, thanks for sharing!
Anne Jividen likes this.
#36 of 430 Old 03-12-2016, 10:27 PM

How about the methane leak spread all over LA for 16 weeks straight?

“It was a mega-leak, one of the biggest ever recorded,” says Tim O’Connor, California Oil & Gas Director. EDF estimates that the amount of methane leaked had the same 20-year climate impact as burning nearly a billion gallons of gasoline.

Great,....
#37 of 430 Old 03-13-2016, 05:16 PM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Yes, Nemi27.

When people complained about the stench that reeked their neighborhood since Oct, the schools made fun of the parents and told them they would have their children L'd out if they took their children out of school. Lots of health officials made fun of the people who complained about headaches, nausea, and other health problems. Doctors told patients they were imagining it.

Meanwhile, Gov Brown was in Paris talking about global warming; his sister, Kathleen Brown is on the Southern California Gas Board. The leak has been known to the engineers since the 1950s.

Now people are moving back and say that the stink is still there. They cannot rent out their property nor can these people sell their property for a decent price.

So who was wrong? Who was wronged? Who benefited?

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#38 of 430 Old 03-13-2016, 07:50 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Governor Brown/Governor Snyder.

Potato, Pa - tah - toe:

#39 of 430 Old 03-13-2016, 07:53 PM - Thread Starter

To reiterate the original point, we can't trust authority. Not even on vaccines.

prevent it
#40 of 430 Old 03-13-2016, 09:55 PM

Quote:
To reiterate the original point, we can't trust authority. Not even on vaccines.
Or perhaps especially on something injected and in the most vulnerable.
Deborah and Anne Jividen like this.
#41 of 430 Old 03-13-2016, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quoted: 426 Post(s)
Perhaps to the side, but a couple of thoughts about invasive plants.

In my neighborhood we are trying to do some restoration of native plants...no one would for a minute consider chemicals. It's a strange balance to keep, as we also have hobby beekeepers (honeybees are not native) and people who teach worm composting (ditto earthworms.)

One of the tensions, ecologically, is that the entire soil structure is disarranged by certain non natives. Garlic mustard, for example (which is quite tasty, in moderation) distributes its own chemicals through the soil which destroy certain wildflowers. It is not a polite guest. We have teams out pulling English ivy, and the desolation created by lesser celandine is truly heartbreaking. These plants swiftly occupy so much of the woodland that the native varieties cannot compete without our help. Without them, everything, from insects to fungi is reduced in variety. So, while we also see changes due to climate and development (everyone have Asian Tiger Mosquitos, yet?) I see a reason to battle, non chemically, with some of the plants.
#42 of 430 Old 03-13-2016, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Governor Brown/Governor Snyder.

Potato, Pa - tah - toe:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWcuYn4gQZ4
California the state so progressive everything is mandated!
Turquesa and Anne Jividen like this.
#43 of 430 Old 03-13-2016, 10:07 PM

My friend and I (we're are both originally from other states) have discussed this in length about how CA and CA politicians get away with seeming to be progressive by focusing on a few progressive friendly issues while actually doing the complete opposite of anything progressive (vaccines, environmental, water, wages, etc. the list goes on and on and on,...).

And the interesting thing is that we've both experienced it in academia as well. This systemic corruption. There is such sense of trying to create a class of servitude in the departments I and her husband work in. Situations such as illegal contracts, excessive hours worked, pay checks being delayed by three months, etc. etc. leading to a system of extremely high turn over rates of just graduated MAs and PhDs willing to work super hard until they burn out. And the people in charge are making lots of money while all the highly educated and intelligent people leave because they can no longer take it.
#44 of 430 Old 03-14-2016, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 2106 Post(s)
I will add a couple more examples to this fascinating thread.

Let's not forget the vermiculite mines of Libby, MT. http://www.democracynow.org/2009/5/1..._libby_montana

Quote:
Bluntly, in reading the documents, Libby was collateral damage. The company was here to make money, and the men who worked here were simply collateral damage. And it was easier to pay a small amount of reimbursement to families or to men who became ill than to simply shut down the mine. So, for years, it was a cover-up. And the upper management, the men that were on trial, were all well aware of the dangers posed.
Here we don't have a conspiracy theory but a conspiracy fact. This case makes me lose faith in our judicial system.

I'm the crunchy mom Dr. Amy warned you about.
#teamvaxchoice

RIP old MDC. We miss you!
#45 of 430 Old 03-14-2016, 07:57 AM

Another interesting matter to explore is the aerial spraying of mosquitoes, which takes West Nile virus, (and increasingly Zika), to frighten people into accepting the practice. Apart from the predictable outrage from environmental groups and civic organizations, a more interesting source of opposition is coming from the pest control industry. http://www.mosquitonix.com/education...where-we-stand

Here's a fun parallel for you. The CDC supports the practice and considers it perfectly safe. The package inserts, (Material Data Safety Sheets, which I can dig up later--one of them is Dibrom), say otherwise, but fortunately, we all know that package inserts are just fairy tales written by very creative lawyers, the dose makes the poison, blah, blah, blah.

Local governments have been less than transparent. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...n_1895014.html
Quote:
On Aug. 8, after reading a press release that reported July aerial sprays across nearly 500,000 acres of southeastern Massachusetts had killed approximately 60 percent of eastern equine encephalitis-carrying mosquitoes, she filed a public records request for the supporting data. Two weeks later, on Aug. 22, she appealed to the state, noting that she had not yet received any records backing up the kill claim. A response from the state supervisor of records arrived in her mailbox Monday, saying the Department of Public Health is "identifying records responsive" to her request. "How hard could it be to search for that data? It should be at their fingertips if they issued this press release," said Bennett, a former U.S. Environmental Protection Agency worker who lives in southeastern Massachusetts. "This makes me even more suspicious that the 60 percent number isn't accurate.
David Pimental of Cornell University, cited in the above article, has written extensively on aerial spraying. He's professor emeritus, so thankfully, his opposition shouldn't entail any career suicide.

#teamvaxchoice

#46 of 430 Old 03-14-2016, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemi27 View Post
And the interesting thing is that we've both experienced it in academia as well. This systemic corruption. There is such sense of trying to create a class of servitude in the departments I and her husband work in. Situations such as illegal contracts, excessive hours worked, pay checks being delayed by three months, etc. etc. leading to a system of extremely high turn over rates of just graduated MAs and PhDs willing to work super hard until they burn out. And the people in charge are making lots of money while all the highly educated and intelligent people leave because they can no longer take it.
When I began my stint in the UC system, I naively wondered why on earth they needed ombudsmen on staff . . . until I one day needed one. I won't divulge details here, but I had to mention something in commiseration.

One problem stifling academic freedom is the increasing corporate sponsorship of universities.

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/22/372526...-koch-brothers

http://www.jstor.org/stable/27719132...n_tab_contents

http://hawaiiindependent.net/story/u...dom-violations

With regards to the last link, I have to mention something completely off-topic. Could somebody please explain America's love affair with the apostrophe???

Quote:
The university's College of Tropical Agriculture and Human Resources has restricted and violated one of it's own professor's academic freedom, and a group of his professional colleagues are speaking out against his mistreatment.
It's ITS, not IT'S! I even see this boo-boo in government documents.

#teamvaxchoice

#47 of 430 Old 03-14-2016, 08:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
When I began my stint in the UC system, I naively wondered why on earth they needed ombudsmen on staff . . . until I one day needed one. I won't divulge details here, but I had to mention something in commiseration.

One problem stifling academic freedom is the increasing corporate sponsorship of universities.

http://www.npr.org/2014/12/22/372526...-koch-brothers

http://www.jstor.org/stable/27719132...n_tab_contents

http://hawaiiindependent.net/story/u...dom-violations

With regards to the last link, I have to mention something completely off-topic. Could somebody please explain America's love affair with the apostrophe???

It's ITS, not IT'S! I even see this boo-boo in government documents.
Lol.

Spellcheck often assigns me one. Many of my edits result from rereading and finding I've been made ungrammatical.

But my family took to throwing out the school district newsletter after I marched down there with red pen corrections.
Deborah, Anne Jividen and Nemi27 like this.
#48 of 430 Old 03-14-2016, 10:00 AM - Thread Starter

Now, now, stay on topic ladies!

Great examples Turquesa.

I'm hoping someone will explain why none of these conspiracies or dirty dealings could possibly apply to vaccines.
applejuice and Anne Jividen like this.

prevent it
#49 of 430 Old 03-15-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchoolmarmDE View Post
Perhaps to the side, but a couple of thoughts about invasive plants.

In my neighborhood we are trying to do some restoration of native plants...no one would for a minute consider chemicals. It's a strange balance to keep, as we also have hobby beekeepers (honeybees are not native) and people who teach worm composting (ditto earthworms.)

One of the tensions, ecologically, is that the entire soil structure is disarranged by certain non natives. Garlic mustard, for example (which is quite tasty, in moderation) distributes its own chemicals through the soil which destroy certain wildflowers. It is not a polite guest. We have teams out pulling English ivy, and the desolation created by lesser celandine is truly heartbreaking. These plants swiftly occupy so much of the woodland that the native varieties cannot compete without our help. Without them, everything, from insects to fungi is reduced in variety. So, while we also see changes due to climate and development (everyone have Asian Tiger Mosquitos, yet?) I see a reason to battle, non chemically, with some of the plants.
The brilliant people of my neighborhood association spared my kids from chemicals seeping into the ground water that they will eventually drink by lobbying for goats - that's right, goats - to eliminate the Medusa grass that pervasively grows on our hillside. Medussa grass is a huge fire hazard and as the forest fires grow closer and closer to town, it's (for you Turquesa) a potential problem.

I'm wondering too why the hazards of things that can be considered good for the public can not be considered when it comes to vaccines.

PS: One summer my little girl slightly shocker herself on the electric fence they put up to herd the goats. I'd take the slight easily avoidably shock any day over the cancer causing drinking water.
applejuice and Deborah like this.
#50 of 430 Old 03-19-2016, 08:20 AM - Thread Starter

We are discussing eugenics on another thread.

I just wanted to boost this one up to demonstrate that people in positions of power do, quite often, violate the public trust. Purposeful contamination of vaccines to reduce population may not be happening, but there are hundreds or even thousands of other actions taken every year which endanger the environment and the public and it is incredibly rare for anyone to suffer consequences. Occasionally someone is scapegoated, but it is usually not the real wrongdoers.

I was living in Chicago during the period that the Chicago River sprang a leak and flooded the basements and tunnels under the Chicago Loop. I followed the stories and I remembered the attempts by the Mayor and other top officials to push the blame down on to a small guy. Here is the story. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...rd-daley-reyes
Anne Jividen likes this.

prevent it
#51 of 430 Old 03-19-2016, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
Quote:

I just wanted to boost this one up to demonstrate that people in positions of power do, quite often, violate the public trust. Purposeful contamination of vaccines to reduce population may not be happening, but there are hundreds or even thousands of other actions taken every year which endanger the environment and the public and it is incredibly rare for anyone to suffer consequences. Occasionally someone is scapegoated, but it is usually not the real wrongdoers.

I was living in Chicago during the period that the Chicago River sprang a leak and flooded the basements and tunnels under the Chicago Loop. I followed the stories and I remembered the attempts by the Mayor and other top officials to push the blame down on to a small guy. Here is the story. http://articles.chicagotribune.com/1...rd-daley-reyes
OT: I wonder what came of that scapegoat from the Chicago flood.

Sus
#52 of 430 Old 03-19-2016, 08:57 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama24-7 View Post
OT: I wonder what came of that scapegoat from the Chicago flood.

Sus
I don't remember. You could do a search on his name. He probably got off the hook because he made a big noise but lost his job.
Anne Jividen likes this.

prevent it
#53 of 430 Old 03-20-2016, 09:43 AM

This is another example of a citizen feeling her elected officials had made a poorly informed decision.

#54 of 430 Old 03-20-2016, 05:58 PM

Quote:

I fully agree, and i can also see how the confirmation bias that i suffer from can lend itself to (possibly) untrue assumptions like vaccination as a form a of population control . It is helpful to work this stuff out on these peaceful forums.
applejuice and Deborah like this.
#55 of 430 Old 03-20-2016, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I fully agree, and i can also see how the confirmation bias that i suffer from can lend itself to (possibly) untrue assumptions like vaccination as a form a of population control . It is helpful to work this stuff out on these peaceful forums.
It is tempting, once you begin to find out that vaccines have a dark side, to start believing every dark story attached to vaccines. I think the reality is quite bad enough without any stretching.

prevent it
#56 of 430 Old 03-26-2016, 06:15 PM - Thread Starter

Boosting up this thread again.

There are real conspiracies out there folks.

There are cover ups.

There are people manipulating the science for profit.

Shocking!

prevent it
#57 of 430 Old 03-26-2016, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 66 Post(s)
Quoted: 918 Post(s)
And you know about them because they get found out and mainstream scientists agree with how bad they are..... Ever make you wonder you might just be wrong that there's some huge coverup related to vaccines?

Just because corruption exists, doesn't mean everything is corrupt....
#58 of 430 Old 03-26-2016, 09:38 PM

The mainstream did not tell me about Poul Thorsen, or John Khraling and Joam Wljowski suing Merck.

Just because the mainstream doesn't talk about it doesn't mean it isn't true.
applejuice likes this.
#59 of 430 Old 03-27-2016, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Actually, most of the dirty dealing that happens is kept out of sight for quite some time. And often stories appear in the alternate press, not the mainstream.

The fact that something is eventually revealed is nice.

I'm hoping that some of the serious problems with vaccines will eventually be revealed. Instead of denied.

For example, what is going on with Gardasil? How could the large Scandinavian study miss over 1,000 possible cases of serious reactions in Denmark? What else might they have missed?

prevent it
#60 of 430 Old 03-31-2016, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Actually, most of the dirty dealing that happens is kept out of sight for quite some time. And often stories appear in the alternate press, not the mainstream.

The fact that something is eventually revealed is nice.

I'm hoping that some of the serious problems with vaccines will eventually be revealed. Instead of denied.

For example, what is going on with Gardasil? How could the large Scandinavian study miss over 1,000 possible cases of serious reactions in Denmark? What else might they have missed?
Well, this is one of the kinds of things that prevents our knowing.

And the fact that the Guardian presented it un-ironically actually made me snort my tea.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/201...iet-scharnberg

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page