• 2 Post By Deborah
  • 2 Post By emmy526
  • 1 Post By Deborah
  • 1 Post By applejuice

#1 of 13 Old 02-23-2020, 08:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2100 Post(s)
Is Pro-Compliance a Grassroots Movement?

I don't doubt that there are some common citizens who've bought into the recent manufactuversy about the "growing number of unvaccinated children." It's just that every time I scratch beneath the surface, major medical trade groups and manufacturers seem to be behind them.

Every time there's a legislative hearing, hundreds and often thousands of common parents show up to defend informed consent, while the compliance defenders include only the medically elite and a handful of parents.

Social media pages for the pro-compliance cause usually have a fraction of the following as the vax-choice pages, and a number of those followers end up being among the medically elite and/or those same names and faces who show up on pretty much every pro-compliance page.

In the latest stunt, an LGBTQ organization in Maine came out opposed to a ballot initiative to reinstate religious and philosophical exemption. It looks like a bunch of grassroots, common LGBTQ citizens, right?

Wrong. The organization is run by a Congressman who worked to take away Mainers' exemption rights. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Moonen

Am I the only one who sees this tendency?
applejuice, Deborah and Hyacinthe like this.

I'm the crunchy mom Dr. Amy warned you about.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP old MDC. We miss you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 13 Old 02-23-2020, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Quoted: 3163 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turquesa View Post
I don't doubt that there are some common citizens who've bought into the recent manufactuversy about the "growing number of unvaccinated children." It's just that every time I scratch beneath the surface, major medical trade groups and manufacturers seem to be behind them.

Every time there's a legislative hearing, hundreds and often thousands of common parents show up to defend informed consent, while the compliance defenders include only the medically elite and a handful of parents.

Social media pages for the pro-compliance cause usually have a fraction of the following as the vax-choice pages, and a number of those followers end up being among the medically elite and/or those same names and faces who show up on pretty much every pro-compliance page.

In the latest stunt, an LGBTQ organization in Maine came out opposed to a ballot initiative to reinstate religious and philosophical exemption. It looks like a bunch of grassroots, common LGBTQ citizens, right?

Wrong. The organization is run by a Congressman who worked to take away Mainers' exemption rights. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Matt_Moonen

Am I the only one who sees this tendency?

There just aren't the numbers of people who care passionately about forced vaccines. I'd say the main thing going for the vaccine pushers is the apathy of most people.
applejuice, Turquesa and Hyacinthe like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
#3 of 13 Old 02-24-2020, 08:07 AM - Thread Starter

This is the apathy that we need to use.

I like talking to my mom peers about the HPV vaccine. Most of them vaccinate but don't do this one. That's what I leverage - the notion that these laws aren't about measles. They're about jamming as many as possible mandatory, indemnified products into children with no recourse for informed refusal.

#teamvaxchoice

#4 of 13 Old 02-24-2020, 12:22 PM

Quote:
This is the apathy that we need to use.

I like talking to my mom peers about the HPV vaccine. Most of them vaccinate but don't do this one. That's what I leverage - the notion that these laws aren't about measles. They're about jamming as many as possible mandatory, indemnified products into children with no recourse for informed refusal.

Do the mom peers say why they don't do the HPV vaccine? Is it sex, or have they heard through the grapevine about reactions? Or both?
applejuice and Turquesa like this.

prevent it
#5 of 13 Old 03-02-2020, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

I haven't done too much digging. My suspicion is that this is simply a harder one to sell the public on.

Once upon a time, we heard, "Polio is horrible! Crippled children! Iron lung! Take the vaccine!"

That's easier to accept than, "Here's a fast-tracked vaccine that covers 3 out of hundreds of strains of a sexually transmitted disease that usually clears up on its own and that you nine-year-old doesn't even have to worry about yet. We feel so zealous about it that we're trying to coerce you into it by denying your children an education."
applejuice and Deborah like this.

#teamvaxchoice

#6 of 13 Old 03-02-2020, 09:02 AM

Quote:
I haven't done too much digging. My suspicion is that this is simply a harder one to sell the public on.

Once upon a time, we heard, "Polio is horrible! Crippled children! Iron lung! Take the vaccine!"

That's easier to accept than, "Here's a fast-tracked vaccine that covers 3 out of hundreds of strains of a sexually transmitted disease that usually clears up on its own and that you nine-year-old doesn't even have to worry about yet. We feel so zealous about it that we're trying to coerce you into it by denying your children an education."

I talk to a lot of people about medical care and pharmaceutical companies and there is widespread distrust. Most vaccines seem to be accepted as the default until something goes wrong. HPV vaccine seems to be the exception. At least in the US. So cognitive dissonance exists around this particular vaccine and around vaccines in general, but it goes in opposite directions.

Pharma untrustworthy.

Except for vaccines.
But we don't trust them on the HPV vaccine. Mostly. When it comes to my children.
applejuice and samaxtics like this.

prevent it
#7 of 13 Old 03-03-2020, 06:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
I talk to a lot of people about medical care and pharmaceutical companies and there is widespread distrust. Most vaccines seem to be accepted as the default until something goes wrong. HPV vaccine seems to be the exception. At least in the US. So cognitive dissonance exists around this particular vaccine and around vaccines in general, but it goes in opposite directions.

Pharma untrustworthy.

Except for vaccines.
But we don't trust them on the HPV vaccine. Mostly. When it comes to my children.
This is precisely why I'm glad, in a backward way, for all of this Gardasil-related aggression. TPTB tried to see how far they could push the vaccine-compliance envelope with the public, and they clearly went too far.
applejuice, Deborah and idler like this.

#teamvaxchoice

#8 of 13 Old 06-30-2020, 03:19 PM

I brought up the question of why there aren't thousands of pro-vaccine parents demonstrating in favor of the mandate bills and got an answer that went sort of like this:

"people don't demonstrate when they are in favor of something."

but is that true? If people are really scared that their children are in DANGER because their neighbors are refusing to vax their kids, you would think that at least a few hundred of them would show up and tell their legislators that they care.
applejuice, Turquesa and Hyacinthe like this.

prevent it
#9 of 13 Old 07-06-2020, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
I brought up the question of why there aren't thousands of pro-vaccine parents demonstrating in favor of the mandate bills and got an answer that went sort of like this:

"people don't demonstrate when they are in favor of something."

but is that true? If people are really scared that their children are in DANGER because their neighbors are refusing to vax their kids, you would think that at least a few hundred of them would show up and tell their legislators that they care.
I call bull. They're AGAINST "anti-vaxxers" in their schools and other public places.

#teamvaxchoice

#10 of 13 Old 07-07-2020, 12:40 PM

Quote:
I call bull. They're AGAINST "anti-vaxxers" in their schools and other public places.

But still too lazy to contact a legislator or to show up and hold a sign? Curious lack of passion among the people who supposedly "care" about vaccines.
applejuice and Turquesa like this.

prevent it
#11 of 13 Old 07-08-2020, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Quote:
But still too lazy to contact a legislator or to show up and hold a sign? Curious lack of passion among the people who supposedly "care" about vaccines.
Ive noticed many provax claiming they WILL NOT take the covid vaccine when it comes out...
#12 of 13 Old 07-08-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post
Ive noticed many provax claiming they WILL NOT take the covid vaccine when it comes out...
I wonder...
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#13 of 13 Old 07-08-2020, 07:40 PM

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 529 Post(s)
I would think that they would be the first in line with their sleeves all rolled up, arms bare and ready!
Deborah likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page