• 1 Post By LOPOYADI

#1 of 18 Old 04-20-2020, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Pediatricians apparently not delivering as many vaccines

https://www.healio.com/pediatrics/ad...=1131687158140

Quote:
The regular caseload for pediatricians has decreased significantly because of social distancing to as low as 20% to 30% of what it was before the COVID-19 pandemic, Goza said in the letter. Moreover, pediatricians must pay for personal protective equipment and training for their staff in order to keep their practices safe for patients.

“The dramatic drop in revenue compounded with higher costs is forcing practices to confront furloughs and layoffs, cancel vaccine orders, and in many cases, consider permanent closure,” Goza wrote.

Will there be a dip in VAERS reports of vaccine reactions?
applejuice likes this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 04-21-2020, 07:39 PM - Thread Starter

Delayed vaccines in babies are a big worry! https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...fears/2259506/

Quote:
The American Academy of Pediatrics found 70 to 80 percent of kids are not seeing their pediatrician currently. Among the Academy’s concerns, immunization rates are down. Pediatricians say parents shouldn’t put off those measles or meningitis shots, among others.
“Many of those vaccine-preventable illnesses are actually more deadly to children than the coronavirus is itself,” said Hoffman.
“We've prioritized babies from birth to age two so we're trying to get that initial immunization series in,” said Belmonte, describing the protocol at Advocate Children’s Hospital and its various clinics and pediatric offices. “We're bringing well children in in the morning, and then we're bringing in sick in the afternoon, so we're not co-mingling populations,” Dr. Belmonte said.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#3 of 18 Old 04-21-2020, 08:14 PM - Thread Starter

Problem of delayed vaccines is spreading throughout the world. Especially worrisome in poor countries.
https://medicalxpress.com/news/2020-...ns-unicef.html

Quote:
Of particular concern are impoverished and war-torn countries battling measles, cholera or polio outbreaks, such as Afghanistan, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Somalia, the Philippines, Syria and South Sudan.
"At a time like this, these countries can ill-afford to face additional outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases," Fore said in a statement.
"Medical goods are in short supply and supply chains are under historic strain due to transport disruptions. Flight cancellations and trade restrictions by countries have severely constrained access to essential medicines, including vaccines."
Governments may in future need to postpone preventive mass vaccination campaigns—where people group together to receive inoculations—to ensure these do not contribute to the spread of COVID-19, Fore said.

If voting is too dangerous, I guess lining up hundreds of people to get vaccines is too dangerous.
applejuice and sunshinemama91 like this.

prevent it

#4 of 18 Old 04-22-2020, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
Delayed vaccines in babies are a big worry! https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/loca...fears/2259506/
wonder if any parents will see/notice an improvement in their child's health without all those pedi visits and germ contact
applejuice and Deborah like this.
#5 of 18 Old 04-22-2020, 08:41 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah. It would upset the powers that be if babies were healthier.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#6 of 18 Old 04-22-2020, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post
wonder if any parents will see/notice an improvement in their child's health without all those pedi visits and germ contact

Even if people are still going to visits, germ spreading should be way down with everyone actually washing hands, isolating everyone and so on. Pediatric offices won't be spreading influenza like illnesses to babies, how wonderful!
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#7 of 18 Old 04-23-2020, 07:53 AM - Thread Starter

This is interesting. People who would normally go to an emergency room are too scared to go. Some of them may end up dead or sicker. https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wh...rs/ar-BB132xg1

But I guess they won't be picking up antibiotic resistant infections at the hospital. Trying to find an upside.

Quote:
The physicians interviewed, who work in Southern California as well as in Visalia, Sacramento and Fresno, said emergency cases at their hospitals were down 30% to 50%. At Kaiser Permanente, which operates a large network of hospitals around the state, emergency department patients have fallen off by more than half, a Kaiser representative said. The number of people being transported by ambulance to hospitals in Los Angeles County is down between 20% and 30%, a county official said.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#8 of 18 Old 04-23-2020, 10:04 AM

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Yes, Deborah, you are correct.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/04/23/h...vzZ8fG_W84nYbU

And not too far from me, there are midwives getting 10x the number of calls for out of hospital births to avoid that horrid CORVID19 virus during birth.

home births, delayed or no vaccinating. The medical profession may be out of work at the end of this, but I doubt it. There is always another germ to fear.
Deborah likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#9 of 18 Old 04-26-2020, 05:45 PM - Thread Starter

Another anxious article about the horrid decline in baby and toddler vaccinations. https://www.pharmacist.com/article/v...doctors-visits

I especially liked this quote:

Quote:
Using the week of February 16 as a pre-coronavirus baseline, PCC found that during the week of April 5, the administration of measles, mumps, and rubella shots declined by 50%; diphtheria and whooping cough shots by 42%; and HPV vaccines by 73%. "We know our vaccine rates were already tenuous, so any additional hit to that is a great worry," said Elizabeth Meade, MD, president of Washington state's chapter of the AAP.
Even in Washington State, tenuous is an extreme choice of word.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#10 of 18 Old 05-07-2020, 07:23 PM - Thread Starter

With more and more states opening up, one of the first things that will happen is anxious parents rushing to vaccinate their babies at the reopened pediatric practices. Has anyone found any statistics on SIDS reports during the gap? Probably not. Stats are never filed that quickly and I'm sure someone will sort it out and hide any problems.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#11 of 18 Old 07-29-2020, 08:35 PM

Anecdotally, but supposedly the SIDS rates have plummeted since March.

And I posted elsewhere, but apparently prematurity rates have plummeted also.

These are good things - I assume many women are avoiding the doctors' offices and hospitals because of fear of this virus. Kind of an unexpected advantage.
Deborah and sunshinemama91 like this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#12 of 18 Old 07-30-2020, 07:48 AM

i was wondering how many parents are clamoring for the back to school vaccines.....or skipping them since they might be doing online school
#13 of 18 Old 08-03-2020, 10:20 PM

Quote:
or skipping them since they might be doing online school
Oddly I understand in CA that vaccines are required for online schools. I know it was part of the registration when my son was part of one online school 20 years ago.

I hope I'm wrong.

#14 of 18 Old 08-04-2020, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Oddly I understand in CA that vaccines are required for online schools. I know it was part of the registration when my son was part of one online school 20 years ago.

I hope I'm wrong.
during this time of total confusion, i wonder if anyone is even checking the student records....somehow, i doubt it...i dont think its priority right now...what would they do - send a threatening email? LOL...
"Get your child up to date or no more online school"....yeah, thats a joke in this day and age with the online choices, assuming one has internet
#15 of 18 Old 08-04-2020, 11:10 PM

No, it would be get your child up-to-date or we will not let you sign into the class/school.

When my son was in the online school, they provided the computer and all materials. Students were allowed to sign in as soon as all their paperwork was in and approved.

But, yes, in the real world, some people would just say they will get up to date in a month or so and the school, needing "bodies" would allow students in and in the chaos, forget.

#16 of 18 Old 08-05-2020, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
No, it would be get your child up-to-date or we will not let you sign into the class/school.

When my son was in the online school, they provided the computer and all materials. Students were allowed to sign in as soon as all their paperwork was in and approved.

But, yes, in the real world, some people would just say they will get up to date in a month or so and the school, needing "bodies" would allow students in and in the chaos, forget.

since face to face isnt recommended right now, all a parent would have to do is say,, ''oh, the records were emailed...look for them, and in the meantime, my child is signing into class''.....even though they might not have been sent....stall tactics do work
#17 of 18 Old 08-05-2020, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter

More discussion on the drop in infant deaths during the lockdown. https://www.bmj.com/content/369/bmj.m2392/rr-1
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#18 of 18 Old 08-06-2020, 04:25 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I posted elsewhere, but apparently prematurity rates have plummeted also. Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox
applejuice likes this.

Last edited by LOPOYADI; 08-06-2020 at 09:38 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page