• 2 Post By Hyacinthe
  • 3 Post By Deborah

#1 of 12 Old 05-28-2020, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
Sweden

Someone help me understand, please.

I have stayed up on the news national and international regarding this outbreak - I understood Sweden was doing well, but then I read articles like this -

https://news.yahoo.com/swedish-coron...171806837.html

Is Sweden doing well or not?

I suspect the first casualty in this war against the Wahun virus is TRUTH!
Deborah, idler and Nazsmum like this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 05-28-2020, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
Someone help me understand, please.

I have stayed up on the news national and international regarding this outbreak - I understood Sweden was doing well, but then I read articles like this -

https://news.yahoo.com/swedish-coron...171806837.html

Is Sweden doing well or not?

I suspect the first casualty in this war against the Wahun virus is TRUTH!
I have been looking at information about Sweden for some weeks now, and I would call it a success. They have had more casualties than their neighbors, but most of them have been older people in nursing homes. The health minister has been quoted in several articles that I've read saying that their biggest failure has been in protecting people in care homes.

My personal opinion is that people in the U.S. (and other countries?) have unreasonable expectations when it comes to saving the lives of vulnerable populations, especially the very old, from something like this virus. I think that the fact that Sweden has managed to maintain something close to normal life for most of the population without mass death across the entire population (which is what I feel we've been led to believe would be the result of doing "nothing" or less than we've done) is as close to success as you can get. But I don't believe we can "beat" an all but unknown virus, so maybe I'm just a fatalist. If a smaller percentage of the population than expected has been infected with such a "lax" approach, then maybe it's not as contagious as we've been told. I don't know. I do think that the truth has taken quite a blow.

Another country that has been successful without excessive repressive and invasive measures is Japan. It seems like the main thing going for Japan is a healthy population and a well-established community health system.
https://time.com/5842139/japan-beat-...ing-lockdowns/
applejuice and Hyacinthe like this.
#3 of 12 Old 05-28-2020, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
I think the horrors that have gone on in long term care facilities is the real tragedy of the Coronavirus in Canada (and elsewhere) - not the fatality rate.

Most (but not all) of those who have died have been quite elderly and often with other health issues. No one gets out of here alive. The death is not the tragedy - but the fear and isolation during COVID and the horrible condition of many long term care facilities - is.
applejuice, Deborah, idler and 1 others like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.

#4 of 12 Old 05-29-2020, 06:14 PM

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
The death is not the tragedy - but the fear and isolation during COVID and the horrible condition of many long term care facilities - is.
This is so so true. I have lost 15 people 7 of them died alone in care facilities.
applejuice likes this.
#5 of 12 Old 05-30-2020, 07:46 AM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 2590 Post(s)
I am so sorry, Nazmum.
applejuice and Nazsmum like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.
#6 of 12 Old 05-30-2020, 09:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Quoted: 533 Post(s)
I am sorry, Nazmum. That should never happen to anyone, but it sadly does.
Nazsmum likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#7 of 12 Old 05-30-2020, 10:00 AM

Thank you.
applejuice likes this.
#8 of 12 Old 05-30-2020, 05:03 PM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazsmum View Post
This is so so true. I have lost 15 people 7 of them died alone in care facilities.
Heartbreaking! I'm so sorry.
Nazsmum likes this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#9 of 12 Old 05-30-2020, 06:31 PM

Thanks very much. I know many people form different parts of my life. People from NJ & NY.

Please remember to live your life everyday. You never know what tomorrow will bring.
Deborah likes this.
#10 of 12 Old 05-31-2020, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 628 Post(s)
someone i know is claiming sweden had twice the death rate of the USA from covid

Quote:
But Sweden, that did not lock down has double our death rate
....this is the 'link' he gave to his claim

#11 of 12 Old 05-31-2020, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post
someone i know is claiming sweden had twice the death rate of the USA from covid

....this is the 'link' he gave to his claim
I checked out the Johns Hopkins website cited at the bottom of that chart. The deaths per diagnosed cases is a tricky and problematic statistic to go by. If you are diagnosing a lot of "milder" cases through testing, etc., then the number of deaths per diagnosed cases will be lower. If you are not testing a lot of people, or only testing (and therefore diagnosing) high risk populations, that fatality rate is bound to be higher. Sweden is not doing a lot of testing.

Johns Hopkins also has data on deaths by country per 100,000 population. The US is still doing better than Sweden using population data, but the difference is not nearly as drastic. The US has 31.72 Covid deaths per 100,000 people. Sweden has 43.16 Covid deaths per 100,000 people. Belgium's is almost twice that of Sweden, with 82.76 deaths per 100,000. Spain, the UK and Italy are all ahead of Sweden in deaths based on population.

Here's the Johns Hopkins website where the chart was posted originally, and all their other data is there, as well.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality
applejuice and Deborah like this.
#12 of 12 Old 05-31-2020, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Quoted: 3192 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinthe View Post
I checked out the Johns Hopkins website cited at the bottom of that chart. The deaths per diagnosed cases is a tricky and problematic statistic to go by. If you are diagnosing a lot of "milder" cases through testing, etc., then the number of deaths per diagnosed cases will be lower. If you are not testing a lot of people, or only testing (and therefore diagnosing) high risk populations, that fatality rate is bound to be higher. Sweden is not doing a lot of testing.

Johns Hopkins also has data on deaths by country per 100,000 population. The US is still doing better than Sweden using population data, but the difference is not nearly as drastic. The US has 31.72 Covid deaths per 100,000 people. Sweden has 43.16 Covid deaths per 100,000 people. Belgium's is almost twice that of Sweden, with 82.76 deaths per 100,000. Spain, the UK and Italy are all ahead of Sweden in deaths based on population.

Here's the Johns Hopkins website where the chart was posted originally, and all their other data is there, as well.
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/mortality

I think that generally people who are attacking Sweden have an agenda. If Sweden turns out okay in any way it makes the lockdown look bad and the people who pushed and maintained the lockdown look worse.

An example is any discussion of how schools should be managed when they reopen. Sweden kept their schools open. Denmark and Finland and Japan have all reopened schools. Any place that has data on what happens if you open schools without social distancing and masks and constant handwashing has to be either ignored or attacked. Because they make the CDC look like idiots.
applejuice, idler and Hyacinthe like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice

Last edited by Deborah; 05-31-2020 at 06:17 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page