• 2 Post By emmy526
  • 2 Post By Hyacinthe
  • 4 Post By emmy526

#1 of 22 Old 09-28-2020, 07:34 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 643 Post(s)
This Season's flu shot spectacle

It seems lumping them in with fear about covid to urge everyone to be vaccinated for the flu is the strategy this year.

They hype surrounding it is more than any other year i can remember. The ads are EVERYWHERE.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/healt...ess/index.html

Quote:
1 in 3 parents won't get flu shots for their child during Covid-19, study finds
However, parents dont seem to be convinced.....hence, new laws coming to change that too, I assume.
applejuice, Deborah and Hyacinthe like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 22 Old 09-28-2020, 07:39 AM - Thread Starter

from link above

Quote:
One-third of American parents have no plans to get their children vaccinated for the flu this year, according to the National Poll on Children's Health released Monday, despite the very real possibility their child could also catch the deadly Covid-19.

In addition, two-thirds of parents don't believe getting a flu shot for their child is more important this year, despite advice to the contrary from major government organizations and pediatricians.
gee, think it has anything to do with how useless and ineffective it is? Last year i read about more parents who got their kids the flu shot, only to contract the flu anyways.
Quote:
"A key challenge for public health officials is how to reach parents who do not routinely seek seasonal flu vaccination for their child," she said. "When getting a yearly flu vaccine is not a pattern, parents need to be prompted to think about why it's essential for their child to get vaccinated."
sorry, i dont think you are going to be able to win trust in a population full of doubt.
applejuice, Deborah and Hyacinthe like this.
#3 of 22 Old 09-28-2020, 09:44 AM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Quoted: 3199 Post(s)
I've been noticing huge efforts to get everyone to get "their" flu shot this year.

But it gets sort of funny in a sick kind of way.

I get a weekly ad from a drug store. This week I spotted three contradictory things being pushed:
1) Candy! Lots and lots of candy. With a side of soda pop.
2) Vitamins and minerals. To protect you from winter illnesses.
3) Flu vaccines.

So which is it? https://circular.kinneydrugs.com/?ve...kly%20circular
applejuice and Hyacinthe like this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#4 of 22 Old 09-28-2020, 09:46 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
It is a little crazy how much flu shots are being pushed this year, especially since the flu season was drastically cut short in the spring due to social distancing measures put in place for Covid. The flu is not nearly as contagious as Covid, and the southern hemisphere seems to have missed out on flu season this year. According to the September update from the WHO, there are currently no influenza transmission zones, not even in the southern hemisphere, where flu season would normally be in full swing with the end of winter/start of spring: https://www.who.int/influenza/survei...rveillance/en/
Quote:
Despite continued or even increased testing for influenza in some countries in the southern hemisphere, very few influenza detections were reported.
It's also crazy that the concerns raised by studies suggesting a link between trivalent influenza vaccination and increased susceptibility to coronaviruses are not being fully addressed, including one that specifically looked at children.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3404712/
Increased Risk of Noninfluenza Respiratory Virus Infections Associated With Receipt of Inactivated Influenza Vaccine
Quote:
We randomized 115 children to trivalent inactivated influenza vaccine (TIV) or placebo. Over the following 9 months, TIV recipients had an increased risk of virologically-confirmed non-influenza infections (relative risk: 4.40; 95% confidence interval: 1.31-14.8). Being protected against influenza, TIV recipients may lack temporary non-specific immunity that protected against other respiratory viruses.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7126676/
Influenza Vaccination and Respiratory Virus Interference Among Department of Defense Personnel During the 2017–2018 Influenza Season
Quote:
Examining non-influenza viruses specifically, the odds of both coronavirus and human metapneumovirus in vaccinated individuals were significantly higher when compared to unvaccinated individuals.. Vaccine derived virus interference was significantly associated with coronavirus and human metapneumovirus.
There are some retrospective studies, yet to be published but receiving press coverage, that find no association between influenza vaccination and Covid outcomes. The most widely referenced looked very specifically at adjuvant-free influenza vaccines. Although it's important to note that an adjuvant-free vaccine would not necessarily elicit the same immune response as a vaccine containing adjuvants. Many influenza vaccines do contain adjuvants, including all influenza vaccines tailored to seniors over age 65.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/art...d-Clinic-study
Flu Vaccinations Not Linked to Increased COVID-19 Risk
Quote:
The findings revealed no difference in COVID-19 incidence or severity between people who received adjuvant-free influenza vaccines in the fall or winter of 2019 and those who did not receive the vaccine. Both groups had a comparable risk for hospitalization, admission to an intensive care unit, and death.
applejuice and Deborah like this.
#5 of 22 Old 10-01-2020, 08:43 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Sad state we live in these days. 98% of kids have no idea what an immune system does. "That's why we have vaccines and anti-virals.. it keeps us safe...or does it?"

%100 percent of kids in today's public schools are wearing face masks, class rooms are limited and for the first time in my life I have not seen any sick kids. Do the face masks work? No way, way too many videos out there that show proof they don't.. even studies from who and the cdc.

Low and behold kids are just not getting vaccinated and I don't know why, but there is a gap and other people are seeing something like never before.
#6 of 22 Old 10-01-2020, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 2597 Post(s)
They are pushing the flu shot fairly hard here. I think the idea is: let's save hospital bed for those that have COVID. The flu is sometime preventable - let's try and prevent it so hospitals are not dealing with the flu and COVID at the same time.

That being said, due to social distancing measures and perhaps mask there has been less illness floating around. I expect the same of the flu. There are four people living in this house. 2 work from home. One studies from home and works occasionally. I work outside the home but am under pretty strict social distancing conditions. I think the risk of getting the flu is lower than in normal years, and the low incidence in the southern hemisphere is comforting - so I am going to pass on the flu shot.

I do have some pre-COVID ideas on why the flu shot is problematic - and those ideas do not change due to a pandemic. I do not choose to be reactionary.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.
#7 of 22 Old 10-01-2020, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
They are pushing the flu shot fairly hard here. I think the idea is: let's save hospital bed for those that have COVID. The flu is sometime preventable - let's try and prevent it so hospitals are not dealing with the flu and COVID at the same time.

That being said, due to social distancing measures and perhaps mask there has been less illness floating around. I expect the same of the flu. There are four people living in this house. 2 work from home. One studies from home and works occasionally. I work outside the home but am under pretty strict social distancing conditions. I think the risk of getting the flu is lower than in normal years, and the low incidence in the southern hemisphere is comforting - so I am going to pass on the flu shot.

I do have some pre-COVID ideas on why the flu shot is problematic - and those ideas do not change due to a pandemic. I do not choose to be reactionary.

There is the cover story as you describe above and there is the reality, which is that the rushed vaccine for Covid has made more people question the flu vaccine (in my opinion), so they are madly pushing it using a "gotta save hospitals from overload" argument. I'm cynical.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#8 of 22 Old 10-01-2020, 08:28 PM

Do you see people fearing a rushed COVID vaccine? In my area, people expect a COVID vaccine to be the saviour of civilization.

I am not so sure and wish the ptb would would not put all their eggs in one basket. I think more work on treatments are in order as is proper antibody testing to see who has it.

I got into it with my sister over a possible COVID vaccine. She sees it as a way to protect others and stop the madness and was not thrilled with my announcement that I would not be first in line to get the vaccine - if I got in line at all.
applejuice, Deborah and idler like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

#9 of 22 Old 10-01-2020, 09:53 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Do you see people fearing a rushed COVID vaccine? In my area, people expect a COVID vaccine to be the saviour of civilization.

I am not so sure and wish the ptb would would not put all their eggs in one basket. I think more work on treatments are in order as is proper antibody testing to see who has it.

I got into it with my sister over a possible COVID vaccine. She sees it as a way to protect others and stop the madness and was not thrilled with my announcement that I would not be first in line to get the vaccine - if I got in line at all.
9 out of 10 i know will not be rushing out to get it, and a few are in health care

the ones who truly think it's the save all here, are the prostaunch vaccine crowd
#10 of 22 Old 10-02-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:

This article, for example https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2020926

They wouldn't be strategizing about ways to force the vaccine if they were sure that a mob of enthusiastic people would be breaking down the doors to get it.

Quote:
Concerningly, a recent poll found that only 49% of Americans planned to get vaccinated against SARS-CoV-2.1One option for increasing vaccine uptake is to require it. Mandatory vaccination has proven effective in ensuring high childhood immunization rates in many high-income countries. However, except for influenza vaccination of health care workers, mandates have not been widely used for adults.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#11 of 22 Old 10-02-2020, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
This article, for example https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMp2020926

They wouldn't be strategizing about ways to force the vaccine if they were sure that a mob of enthusiastic people would be breaking down the doors to get it.
Thanks...and wow. I have been out of the loop a bit and am surprised to see this level of resistance.

#12 of 22 Old 10-02-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Thanks...and wow. I have been out of the loop a bit and am surprised to see this level of resistance.

I'm getting the sense that the very public process of testing this vaccine is increasing anxiety. Usually people don't know much about vaccine testing. Unless they are medical staff and even then a lot of people would rather not know.
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#13 of 22 Old 10-03-2020, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 534 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm getting the sense that the very public process of testing this vaccine is increasing anxiety.
Your comment reminds me of Otto Von Bismarck's comment about laws and sausages.

It is phrased different ways, but the best is "If you like laws and sausages, you should never watch neither one being made."
Deborah likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#14 of 22 Old 10-03-2020, 02:04 PM

about the NEJM article on COVID vaccine mandates https://childrenshealthdefense.org/n...ovid-vaccines/

Quote:
And while the three authors of the NEJM article didn’t disclose any financial interests, it’s significant that all three authors can be associated with the Gates Foundation — the self-declared “biggest funder of vaccines in the world.”
Lead author Michelle Mello, hails from Stanford University, which has so far received $2.7 million from the Gates foundation in 2020. Co-author Ross Silverman hails from Indiana University, which has received $3.4 million from the Gates Foundation in 2020.
And perhaps most striking is the connection between the foundation and the article’s third author, Saad Omer, the inaugural director of the Yale Institute for Global Health. Omer’s private research group is bankrolled by both the Gates Foundation and the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization, which is intricately linked with the Gates Foundation and whose largest private funder is the Gates Foundation.
applejuice and Tweety_Bird like this.

prevent it
#15 of 22 Old 10-03-2020, 02:11 PM

Does this article make you feel safer? Or the contrary? https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/03/healt...ial/index.html
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#16 of 22 Old 10-03-2020, 10:25 PM

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 413 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
And perhaps most striking is the connection between the foundation and the article’s third author, Saad Omer, the inaugural director of the Yale Institute for Global Health. Omer’s private research group is bankrolled by both the Gates Foundation and the Global Alliance for Vaccines and Immunization, which is intricately linked with the Gates Foundation and whose largest private funder is the Gates Foundation.

This is a very interesting video:
#17 of 22 Old 10-04-2020, 10:29 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Flu's are okay and basically our body has resistance towards them, herbs cure but chemichal that doctors give will help one thing and make a new problem in another area of human body!
applejuice likes this.
#18 of 22 Old 10-06-2020, 02:29 PM

Interesting Q&A about giving flu vaccines to patients already ill with Covid. It can be summed up as saying that they have no data and no clue. https://www.healio.com/news/infectio...s-with-covid19

I thought this particular section was intensely entertaining.
Quote:
The other concern I would personally have is that any clinical deterioration that would happen in these fragile patients with COVID-19 after influenza vaccination may be blamed on the vaccine, even though it could all be due to underlying COVID-19 infection. It may be hard to distinguish COVID-19-related deterioration from a reaction to the influenza vaccine in some situations. This may contribute to bad press and further vaccine hesitancy.

so even if the deterioration WAS due to the administration of the flu vaccine, it would be good to have a strategy to explain it away...
applejuice likes this.

prevent it
#19 of 22 Old 10-07-2020, 08:52 AM - Thread Starter

the next time a pharmacist offers a flu vaccine, i will ask how it would interfere with Covid, should i have asymptomatic covid, and see what the bogus reply is going to be.

FWIW, they mislabeled one of my scripts, putting an 'opioid' sticker on the bottle, when it is NOT an opioid...
#20 of 22 Old 10-13-2020, 01:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Another big push to promote flu vaccines this year:

Facebook to Ban Ads Discouraging Vaccination
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...accine-ads-ban
Quote:
Facebook will ban ads that discourage people from getting vaccinated, the social media company announced Tuesday, as it launches a new public health campaign aimed at spreading flu vaccine information.
Facebook said it is working with public health organizations including the World Health Organization (WHO) and Unicef to share vaccine messaging across the platform, providing them with analytics on how to reach as many people as possible.
#21 of 22 Old 10-14-2020, 07:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyacinthe View Post
Another big push to promote flu vaccines this year:

Facebook to Ban Ads Discouraging Vaccination
https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...accine-ads-ban
of course they are

they are nothing but a divisive profiteering racket anymore, and fuckerberg can go to hell

it should have said they are spreading MISinformation around
applejuice, Deborah, idler and 1 others like this.
#22 of 22 Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

Flu shot "worked" for children last season. https://www.healio.com/news/infectio...n-for-children

Unfortunately for their case they give the stats for several disastrous years to explain how good things were last year. Vaccine pushers just cannot win.

prevent it

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page