#1 of 5 Old 10-27-2020, 10:09 PM - Thread Starter

Location: hunting the wild aebelskiever in the Islets of Langerhans
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Herding people to slaughter -

racist?

Quote:
Those who are not at risk to die or have a serious hospital-requiring illness, we should be fine with letting them get infected.
https://blog.ucsusa.org/derrick-jack...44SNsOoLpsxkIA
Deborah likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-28-2020, 10:54 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post
In my opinion it's really a Catch-22, because there are so many unknowns. Yes, more people will die if "herd immunity" is attempted, but lockdowns do have devastating economic and psychological impacts - particularly in countries without a strong social safety-net. Also, a lot of media makes "herd immunity" sound like a free-for-all, when no one is advocating that we leave the most vulnerable unprotected. The idea, as I understand it, is to increase protections for those most at risk.

Additionally, there is increasing evidence that the measures taken to prevent the spread of the virus have triggered mutations allowing the virus to circumvent these measures, and become even more contagious. There is fear that this will continue once a vaccine is developed. This was certainly an unintended consequence of social-distancing measures, and may have occurred even without these measures, albeit more slowly.
https://www.prevention.com/health/a3...tagious-study/
Quote:
But if mutations continue to develop and become the norm, it could alter the way we approach the vaccine year-to-year, similar to the flu shot.
Children also may eventually be put a greater risk from Covid-19 as a result of social-distancing and remote learning - measures meant to protect them in the short term. This, again, would be an unintended consequence based on our still developing and limited understanding of this novel virus. https://www.theguardian.com/science/...-worsens-covid
Quote:
Adults get common colds caused by coronaviruses once every two or three years. In contrast children get them five or six times a year because they constantly reinfect each other at school, said Kassiotis. As a result about 60% of them have coronavirus antibodies, 10 times the adult level. Crucially, it appears coronavirus antibody levels drop steeply when children leave school and that raises a worry: children may have lost immunity during the lockdown.
If only we had a crystal ball, or could at least acknowledge that there are too many unknowns to definitively dismiss either argument. Certainly there are things everyone can agree upon? Testing of all nursing home residents and staff every other day, for one. If the health of NBA players is deemed valuable enough for this level of testing, certainly we can confer the same level of respect and protection to our seniors.
applejuice, Deborah and idler like this.

Last edited by Hyacinthe; 10-28-2020 at 10:58 AM.
#3 of 5 Old 10-28-2020, 02:26 PM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 2601 Post(s)
Hyacinthe, you are always a pleasure to read.

That stuff on kids and covid is fascinating! I wonder how it applies to those who work with kids - do educators and HCP who see children also have coronavirus antibody levels?

I frequently work with kids (librarian, who first the past 1.5 years has done school visits 2x per week) but this year all services are curbside or virtual. Will my antibodies decrease? How long does it take? No one needs to answer - just musing aloud.

I think herd immunity with extra precautions for at risk groups, as well as precautions to ensure health care systems are not overwhelmed, is the way to go.

Frankly, I think Covid 19 is going to be with us until it isn't - and I have no idea when vaccines will be available or if we even can vaccinate our way out of it.

I will do some digging on how long pandemics have lasted in the past. I know our fiddling around with masks, business closure and social distancing might affect (lengthen) how long it takes for it all to end - but I think some historical perspective might be in order. If I find anything cool I will share.
applejuice, Deborah, idler and 1 others like this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.

#4 of 5 Old 10-28-2020, 06:25 PM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Quoted: 3204 Post(s)
Any argument will do to dismiss doctors and scientists who question the "lockdowns are the only solution" narrative.

Call them right-wing extremists.
Call them racists.
Call them mass-murderers.

Hey, you can even call them irresponsible.
applejuice likes this.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 of 5 Old 10-28-2020, 08:47 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
Hyacinthe, you are always a pleasure to read.
Thank you!
applejuice and Deborah like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page