Maybe I can get some truth here? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 12 Old 08-03-2004, 12:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I also belong to another website, which I really really love. Unfortunately I brought up the subject of not immunizing your child. Well that turned into a big debate and the post was closed. All I was looking for was some facts about children who are not immunized...instead I got answers that were all pro vaccines and every point I brought up was brought down by someone. I am hoping to find some people here who are cnosidering not immunizing or people who already haven't...and friends too of course!

Jill
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 12 Old 08-03-2004, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi. Welcome. I usually just lurk here, but thought I'd welcome you.

Since a lot people who are pro-vaccines often say this board should be the anti-vaccination board, I think that you'll find lots of people who aren't vaccinating (like me! ) or who are thinking of not doing it.

mom to all boys B: 08/01ribboncesarean.gif,  C: 07/05 uc.jpg, N: 03/09 uc.jpg, M: 01/12 uc.jpg and far too many lost onesintactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#3 of 12 Old 08-03-2004, 02:19 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Hi and welcome, and yes those mainstream boards can be so....mainstream.

here's a thread to my cheat sheet. It might be of help.

welcome and poke around in the archive section just above...

https://www.mothering.com/discussions...ad.php?t=57794

#4 of 12 Old 08-03-2004, 02:36 PM

Hi and welcome,
I used to be pro-vaccine and really thought people were crazy and putting there kids in danger if they didn't vax. I also thought it was something you HAD to do by law. That was untill my son was vaccine injured.......my son progressed normally untill he was 18 months old, had 9 shots in one day and will never be the same. I've done a lot of research since then and will never vax again. I now have a 6 month old and he is doing great! His immune system is so strong and he's very advanced. I never looked into the ingredients 8 years ago when I had my first child because I just assumed it was just a killed version of the disease injected into you and that was is. If I had known that there was mercury, aluminum, antifreeze, formaldehyde, and other gross things being injected into my child I would've thought twice before doing so........or maybe it would have sounded so far fetched if someone had told me and I just wouldn't have believed it! Anyway, you won't get flammed hear for being against vaxxes.
#5 of 12 Old 08-03-2004, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks ladies, it's nice to be able to speak your mind here. At the soulcysters site I was totally flamed and all for presenting facts that some ignorant mothers did not like. I say ignorant b/c they were just that, facts, and still they would not take them seriously. Every reply I received, I went and researched what that person said and found that it just wasn't true...which in turn made me mad b/c these people are out there believing that these vaccinations are so safe and that the benefits faaar outweigh the risks and its just not true! I can sleep well at night knowing a.)my child has nothing in her body that she wasnt born with and b.)if my child were to get these diseases, she can be treated and build her own immunity to them......NATURALLY! there i feel much better now..and if i get flamed, so be it, it's mostly out of fear if you ask me...and as mean as this sounds.....I think it's funny when these parents cringe as they do when I bring this up.....it goes to show how little people really know! :
#6 of 12 Old 08-03-2004, 03:58 PM

Welcome,
I think you will also find some who are on the fence or have choosen to selectively and delay vax. I use to be selective and delayed. I'm on the fence, at a cross roads as to whether I will vax my boys any further and the littlest one at all.
I see a big difference in their abilities to fit off regular stuff like a cold or a stomache bug. And after doing all the reading I've done here, I have to conclued that it is from the sheer number of vax given to #1 and not so with #2 even on a delayed one at a time schedule. So, dd may not ever get any.
Here you will find the other side of the story so to speak.
#7 of 12 Old 08-03-2004, 09:50 PM

I'm pretty new here also, but welcome! I also was involved in a thread locking incident on another board when this subject came up. I didn't start the thread, but at one point I think 6 or 7 people were all attacking me at once! It's very difficult to keep things from getting personal when people are telling you that you're irresponsible and 'believe everything you read on the internet'.
#8 of 12 Old 08-04-2004, 01:10 AM - Thread Starter

Well So Far So Good Here, I'm So Happy To Be A Member Here Where I Haven't Been Bashed..so Far...i Was Called Selfish And Irresponsible For Not Wanting To Vax. I Was Also Told That I Was Just Using My Child To Stand Out And Go Against The Norm....and Did You Know When I Told My Friend I Might Not Vaccinate My Daughter She Made A Comment About How She Would Be Nervous To Let Her Kids Play With Mine! I Swear To You, I Couldn't Believe What She Had Just Said..it Made No Sense To Me! How Could She Get Her Children Vaccinated Against These Diseases And Still Worry About Mine? Isn't That The Point Of The Vaccine? That In Turn Made Me Question Them Even More...i Didnt Think That Was Wrong But Some Of The Ladies At Soulcysters Sure Made Me Feel That Way..whatever Though, I Feel Bad For Them That They Will Make Themselves So Crazy Over My Child Not Being Vaccinated. I Dont Want Any Mother To Worry About Their Child B/c Of Mine But Geez, Why Don't You Worry About The Chemicals You Are Putting In Your Baby's Body First!
#9 of 12 Old 08-04-2004, 02:26 AM

Location: hunting the wild aebelskiever in the Islets of Langerhans
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
to the vaccination forum.

We are all learning - from each other and from life.

I am glad to read that many of you are saying the same things my Father told me growing up. It reinforces my faith in humanity.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
#10 of 12 Old 08-04-2004, 02:48 PM

jayden's mommy...
sorry for the lowercase...ds is in a sling asleep & i'm supporting his head...

i had to post because i was at one time a "regular" over at soulcysters!! (waiting for first was my username). yep, not the most open minded group

I worked in healthcare (as a pediatric physical therapist) and DH works
as a chemist in "big pharma" & we stopped vaxing after ds's 2 month well-baby (he's 5 mo. now)

there's lots of good support here!!! just wanted to say hi...
#11 of 12 Old 08-06-2004, 01:34 AM

Hi Jaydens mommmy!

I have 8 children in total and only 3 of them have even been vaxx'd at all. None of them have been vaccinated past the 12 month shots.
My son who is now 9 had a very bad reaction to the DPT vaccine in 94 and it really caused me to do alot of research on a matter I had always felt bad about.

Myself I have had no vaccines since I was 5

My youngest 5 have had absolutely no vaccines at all and I have to say in comparison, my children who are totally vaccincation free tend to be healthier than the children who had some vaccines!!!!!

For instance my dd whos almost 11 *gasp* is prone to really bad Strep infections, seems to get alot of cold sores..colds, coughs, always has warts of some kind or another and she was vaccinated the longest out of all of them. Coincidence? I suspect not...maybe others would argue with me.

However this child carries a natural titer for CP! figure that one out! LOL
In fact none of my youngest kids have had CP even after being exposed various times.

Whooping cough? I suspect we all had this in spring 2002 and it was mild on all counts we treated it with Homeopathic Pulsatilla.

HTH a bit..it can be confusing sometimes eh?
#12 of 12 Old 08-06-2004, 01:45 PM

We do not vaccinate, either. IT is hard going against the current but its hard to do something that YOU FEEL is wrong.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page