Exposure of Unvaxed Child to Recently Vaxed Child - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 04-15-2005, 09:37 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a bit freaked out....my friend didn't tell me that she'd just gotten her daughter the shot for Meningitis B. Like that day... I usually have a policy where I don't allow recently vaxed children to play with Ryder for a while, a week or so, just to be safe. I'm particularly freaked about the meningitis vaccine in general.

So anyhow, after Tabi had stuck her whistle into Ryder's mouth (which I promptly removed), I find out that she'd just gotten her shot. A lot of the unvaxing mommies are tripping, some are even pulling their kids out of school until the vaxing drive ends.

So, what do you guys think? Is he in danger from this, or would it not have had time to get through her system? Should I keep them separated for a few weeks (they play several times a week) or is this being overprotective?

Input GREATLY appreciated...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-15-2005, 12:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
If it were me, I might keep away for a couple of days, but I'm a nervous, over protective momma bear right now

I'm sure many will say it's ok, and it could be. But if it makes you worry, then it might be worth the piece of mind to do whatever you think is best. I don't know anything about the vax except they've started to give it here too

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page