More "bad" proteins in common cold than in vaccines? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 09:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can someone help me to understand this?

My dd's ped, who is ok with non-vaxing but supports them nonetheless, told me that my dd would be exposed to more foreign proteins during a bout with the common cold than she would from getting a vaccine.

I'm having trouble getting my head around this and have postponed my dd's 4 month check up until I can make a decision on the vax issue. I guess I'm trying to find a simple rebuttal to this for my own sake. Are the proteins in the vaxes, although fewer in #/type, more harmful than the proteins in a cold virus?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 09:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Would your child be injected with the proteins?

Reading the ingredient list off of any vaccine insert many would come to the conclusion that natural exposure is prefered over the injection of vaccine ingredients. Ofcourse as Dr.Offit states,"A baby can safely handle 100,000(yes a 100,000) vaccines in one day." Lol, talk about overload.My recommendation would be to take in the inserts and discuss the response to each ingredient by YOUR child,because each child reacts differently. You could also discuss immune response in general.Ofcourse discussing the immune system will talk a lot longer than the typical 15-30 minutes you are alloted.
#3 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 09:59 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
So here is what you do.

You go to your ped, and ask her to provide you with a list of ALL the proteins in all the vaccines. Then ask her to give you a list of all the heavy metals, culture contaminants, and adventitious ingredients in all the vaccines.

Then ask her to provide you with all the safety studies on all the ingredients.

Then ask her to explain why the VAERS adverse reporting service has deaths and serious reactions from something safer than a cold, yet, far far fewer people die, or are maimed from a cold.

Then ask her who taught her logic, or did she skip logic 101 thinking she could sleep instead?

“I want to sell drugs to everyone. I want to sell drugs to healthy people. I want drugs to sell like chewing gum.” former Merck CEO, Henry Gadsden

#4 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Proteins aren't the only thing to worry about. Heavy metals aren't proteins, but they aren't harmless just because they aren't proteins. There are more foreign SUBSTANCES in LARGER amounts in vaccines. When a kid gets a cold, it's from microscopic amounts of virus getting into their mouth/nose. It isn't from a SYRINGE of virus.

You don't need a comeback to this. You can't argue with people who say such ignorant things. If you don't want to vaccinate, just don't do it. Your doctor is in the service industry. He works for you. You wouldn't argue with the woman behind the counter at the dry cleaner's if she said you needed your garment spot treated, and you said you didn't. You'd just say, "No, thank you." This is the exact same thing. It doesn't matter what he wants, thinks or feels. You're the paying customer and the parent of your child. If you don't want to do it, you just say, "No, thank you. I'm not interested in discussing vaccines right now," and refuse to discuss it further.
#5 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Your doctor is in the service industry. He works for you.
This is so true and so simple but I think most people forget about this or don't have this mindset. It seems like most of us react to a doctor like a parental figure or authority figure over us. We try to convince them that our way is right, and want them to agree with us. (just like I do with my mom.: )

Homeschooling mama to 3 Italian babies. homeschool.gif  Due with #4 on Sept. 28! Planning a rockin' Homebirth. homebirth.jpg

#6 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 12:52 PM

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Maybe there are more "bad proteins" in the common cold than in a vaccine, but there's more in the vaccine than just the proteins.

The common cold enters your child's body through the mouth, nose, eyes, or digestive tract- not injected into her bloodstream. You're also not getting antifreeze, mercury, aluminum, etc. exposure when somebody sneezes on your baby!

Ruth, single mommy to 3 quasi-adults
#7 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 01:57 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks, everyone. This is what I needed.

We "hired" this ped because of her willingness to take direction and work with the parents. That's not too common in this area. When we discussed vaxes at the last visit, she made the comment about the foreign proteins and I was just like "uhh-hmm". For a sec, I thought "oh, that's true." But I declined the vaxes and thought about it and read about it more. The fact that it's injected and contains all of those additional substances should not be overlooked.

Why is it so hard for me to buck the system on this issue when I have no problem with things like homebirthing, extended bfing, co-sleeping and just otherwise being "different". Uggh!
#8 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 02:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Don't feel alone - it's hard for almost everyone.
#9 of 9 Old 07-07-2006, 05:42 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i dont remember getting injected with aluminum, formaldahye or antifreeze during a common cold though...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page