question!! need advise - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 10-27-2006, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok so im new and I have a question
my dd currently had medicaid but I just received a letter on the mail saying that since I didn't sent some paperwork they're going to cancel it.
im not really too concerned because we might delay vaccinations or maybe not even vax' at all, so my question is..is they're even any point for me to take her to the dr?, on the other hand she's only 4 months so she might need it, but since im not vaxing, at least not for right now, is they're even any point?
im sure I can weight her myself, also im still working on convincing my dh on the subject I already ordered some books for himto read.
I know my parents/family wont agree with my decision at all. should I even discuss it with them?, my respond to this is that she's my daughter and Im raising her, but If I tell them about my decision they're going to think im crazy!

thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 10-27-2006, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocokat View Post
ok so im new and I have a question
my dd currently had medicaid but I just received a letter on the mail saying that since I didn't sent some paperwork they're going to cancel it.
I would send in the paperwork so that at least you are covered in case of an emergency.
#3 of 5 Old 10-28-2006, 01:01 AM

I've had them "lose" my paperwork many times ..... send it in & know your child is covered in an emergency.
As much as people don't like our non-vaxing ....the years my kids went without health insurance really had everyone freaking.

#4 of 5 Old 10-28-2006, 01:35 AM - Thread Starter

yeah I thought so! oh and by the way she's 5 months now, time is fying that I still think she's 4 months!!
#5 of 5 Old 10-28-2006, 02:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
i agree, send in the paperwork anyway, it is not fun not having ins for a sick baby.

i dont have any issues with not attending my WBVs and getting vaxes, and ds is on medicaid.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page