Kids with lung problems - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 10-28-2006, 11:28 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son has never had any vaxes. I am set in my decision, but I worry about him catching pertussis and the flu because he has lung problems. When he got a cold (they think it was RSV) at 4 months old he ended up with bronchiolitis and had to have albuterol nebulizer treatments for a week at home to clear it up. Now he has another cold (is now 19 months) and my mom had to give him an albuterol treatment while I was at work because he almost stopped breathing (she said it looked like he was having an asthma attack).

Is there anything I can do to help his lungs get better? I just feel like if I were to vax I would only increase the risk of asthmatic problems, but if he gets pertussis and has serious lung complications I know I will start to question my decision.

Anyone have a clue what might have caused a non-vax child to have lung problems? I just keep going over in my mind what I could have done wrong.

Jen read.gif Mama of 2 precious boys blowkiss.gif (9)  flowersforyou.gif (6)  and still in heartbeat.gif with my Matt hat.gif after 12 years together. 

rainbow1284.gif Domestic Violence Children's Advocate and Counselor hug2.gif

homebirth.jpg bf.jpg nocirc.gif ribbonjigsaw.gif 

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page