what to do! I'm going to Korea - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 06-05-2007, 05:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
I vaccinated my 10 mo old at 2mo and didn't do any more since then. And I'm leaving for South Korea next week. My doctor told me scary stories that i am considering again for vaccination. Should I get second shots for her? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 06-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Mentioned: 373 Post(s)
Quoted: 3199 Post(s)
I think doctors take courses in how to tell scary stories. And courses in how to seize any opportunity to push vaxes. I don't think South Korea is particularly dangerous or dirty or diseased. A friend visited there a few years ago and her main comment was that it was kind of loud--every little store had a loudspeaker aimed at the street. No mention of illnesses. And she was definitely a non-vaxer.

Is your baby still nursing? In good health? Do you feel confident treating minor illnesses? Coping with a long airplane trip with a baby?

Did the doctor actually mention any specific diseases that he thinks you'll be exposed to in South Korea?

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#3 of 5 Old 06-05-2007, 06:03 PM

We take vax-free DS to Japan / Asia fairly frequently - from when he was about 8 months. He even crawled around the airlpane floor! (Not my favorite, but whaddaya gonna do on a 15 hour flight?! )

I wouldn't even consider vaxing.

#4 of 5 Old 06-05-2007, 06:08 PM

Keep your nutrition really clean for the trip and beforehand, and avoid refined foods - sugar esp.

Oh, and your sling is your best friend on trips like this!
#5 of 5 Old 06-05-2007, 07:33 PM

We spent time in the middle east with our unvaxed DD when she was 5-6 months old...never even gave it a thought. We were in some really rural areas of Egypt and I believe there are some endemic diseases there.

As the PP said, We used the sling, watched what we ate and breastfed. No worries..I wouldn't think that a relatively developed country such as S. Korea would be any more dangerous than some of the areas we were in.

Victim of Birth Rape & Coerced ribboncesarean.gifUnnecesareanribboncesarean.gif What makes people think they can cut up someone else's genitals? nocirc.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page