Has anyone in PA (or another state with only relig/med exemptions) not vaxed or selectively vaxed successfully? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 09-24-2008, 03:00 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I posted a question about this in Finding Your Tribe and didn't get much response, so I thought I'd try it over here

We're expecting our first in early December, and vaxing is definitely the issue that is stressing me out the most. I'm leaning towards selectively vaxing, but am worried it's going to be next to impossible to do in PA since the exemption laws are only for religious or medial reasons, which seem to me to be a blanket no vax situation. Given the choice of doing all of them or none, I choose none, but I really want to find out if it's possible to selectively vax in PA and still get your kids enrolled in school and such.

I know that for the first child we could probably get away with doing the ones we want to, and then claim a change of heart and use the exemption laws to avoid having to do the rest. Where I worry is when we have another child. I doubt we could get away with it again.

I just don't know, and the whole thing has me completely stressed!! Any thoughts from anyone would be greatly appreciated, even if your state has similar laws or something like that....

TIA!

Judy treehugger.gif wife to Brandon 7.15.06 -- Mama to Micah Rowan 12.08.08 -- EBF, babywearing, selective/delayed vax (none so far) -- expecting baby #2 in March 2012 and planning a homebirth!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 09-24-2008, 03:10 PM

Yes, it's possible. PM me and tell me where you are in PA, if you are comfortable. I'm in PA, neither of my kids are vaxed. I'm not trying to encourage you to put things off but, your baby isn't here yet. May I suggest doing your research, coming to a decision and then as your child reaches school age figure out what needs to be done to get your child enrolled. The reason I say that is, who knows what you might feel in 5 years, you may choose to homechool...anything is possible. Don't let it stress you now. Also, read Dr Mendelson's book on "How to Raise a Healthy Child INSPITE of your Doctor." I wish I would have read that while still pregnant with my first.

If you do decide to vax they don't have to be given right away, and IMHO they should not be given to newborns anyway, especially that Hep B crap, but now I'm digressing. Breastfeed. Breastfeed. Breastfeed. The best "vaccine" you can give your newborn is natural immunity!

Good luck and congrats!
#3 of 3 Old 09-24-2008, 05:55 PM

I know many who simply homeschool and dont need a vaccination for that at all.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page