I want, I want, I want! (cravings thread Dec. 7) - Mothering Forums

#1 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 05:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want breaded mushrooms with spicy mustard to dip it in.

Big chunky pickles. Mmmmmm!!!

Salad!

Stove top stuffing. Nothing on the side. Just the stuffing for the only course.

Gah I'm hungry. I may gain 10lbs by my appointment tomorrow just thinking about all of this food!

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 06:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I'll go in on the pickles with you... but not craving much else right now. Doritos, but I crave those when not pregnant.

I'm light-headed, I should be craving meat if my iron is low but I'm SO not craving meat. I wonder if it's just my blood pressure being low? (It tends to drop through the first 25 weeks or so and was 115/60 at my 15 wk appt.)

Mom to Kayleigh (05/07) Jacob (05/09) and Ned decluttering 615/2010
#3 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 06:41 PM

Mmmmm.......breaded mushrooms!! Thanks for the suggestion!! I have been eating pizza with mushrooms lately. I love those nasty slimy salty canned mushrooms!!

Yesterday I had a craving for a strawberry milkshake, dangerous because we were going to be driving by a McD's. But instead I made one at home with strawberries, milk, and vanilla ica cream.

And I still can't kick the stuffed jalapenos. I had some at a restaurant last week and they were the gross frozen kind. Nothing like freshed skinned peppers stuffed with jack and coated with puffy coating and fried! We'll be officially doing these again on x-mas since we'll have the fryer out again. :

Speaking of food I am about to go into the kitchen and make a batch of homemade macaroni and cheese!

Sorry if I inspired some cravings........

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)

#4 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 07:18 PM

CAKE. I am desperate for some.
#5 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 07:31 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus.blossom View Post
Mmmmm.......breaded mushrooms!! Thanks for the suggestion!! I have been eating pizza with mushrooms lately. I love those nasty slimy salty canned mushrooms!!

Yesterday I had a craving for a strawberry milkshake, dangerous because we were going to be driving by a McD's. But instead I made one at home with strawberries, milk, and vanilla ica cream.

And I still can't kick the stuffed jalapenos. I had some at a restaurant last week and they were the gross frozen kind. Nothing like freshed skinned peppers stuffed with jack and coated with puffy coating and fried! We'll be officially doing these again on x-mas since we'll have the fryer out again. :

Speaking of food I am about to go into the kitchen and make a batch of homemade macaroni and cheese!

Sorry if I inspired some cravings........
Ohhh! I made home made mac n cheese last week. Soooo good! The kids each got a bowl and I ate the rest myself over a few days time! Soooo worth it! hehe

Wife to 1~Mom to 5 ages brand new to 12~Rural Mail Carrier~Keeper of 2 dogs, 1 cat & a flock of chickens :
#6 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 07:49 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I haven't had any cravings since about 10 wks, I wanted some pumpkin pie, but that was regular pumpkin pie love!

Seems like everything I eat wasn't as tasty as I hyped it up in my head to be. Oh well,

I do want cake now :

I'm crunchy... Like a Dorito.
Mama to Sprout
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
4.09 and Bruises
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
7.11 handfasted to
#7 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 08:12 PM

I've been eating a ton of canned diced tomatoes. Regular tomatoes don't do it for me. Just the canned ones. Sweetie asked me "why", and I could only justify it by saying, because they are "more wet." I just put some in a bowl, sprinkle a bit of salt on it, and I'm in heaven.

Also, cheeseburgers from Burger King, with extra pickles and extra ketchup.
#8 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 08:18 PM - Thread Starter

I think DH is sick of my cravings. *sigh* When I ask him what we should have for supper (when I'm lazy and don't feel like cooking) he says "I don't know. What does GRIFFIN want? What's he craving?" ROFL Sounds cute, but he's getting sick of it, I think and he doesn't say it real sweet. heh

#9 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigellas View Post
CAKE. I am desperate for some.
Driving home one day early in my pg, I HAD TO HAVE cake. I drove right by a bakery and talked myself out of it. Mostly cuz the kids really needed to be home. Long day. But I got so, just, crazy, that I had to make a quickie chocolate cake in the microwave just so I could make dinner. Insane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD5351 View Post
I've been eating a ton of canned diced tomatoes. Regular tomatoes don't do it for me. Just the canned ones. Sweetie asked me "why", and I could only justify it by saying, because they are "more wet." I just put some in a bowl, sprinkle a bit of salt on it, and I'm in heaven.
I agree. I love diced tomatoes. I've been having dh pick up the food service size cans at costco. We've had a lot of tomato-y dishes lately.

My thing the last couple of days has been salsa. I was so excited to have some last night with corn chips after I put the kids to bed. But I wanted it with melted cheese and sour cream as a dip for chips. Very specific. I reached into the cupboard and there was just a tiny bit of chips left. Gahhhh!
And we don't shop on Sundays. First thing tomorrow morning I think I need to go get chips. I did have salsa on my mac and cheese for lunch, but it's something about that chip and dip combo I gotta have!
#10 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 08:29 PM

I haven't had any recently. I went through this 'MUST HAVE SUBWAY!!' phase for about two weeks until I got a gross soggy lettuce sub which ruined it.

Madalyn military wife to Chris & proud momma to Jonas 5/17/09
#11 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 09:19 PM

Not much in the way of cravings yet. I was the same way with DS, but I did love healthy food and loved tomatoes, but I love tomatoes when not pregnant so I don't think that counts. Ice cream maybe?

ribbonyellow.gif Army wife ribbonyellow.gif - Mama to Liam waterbirth.jpg (9/07), Laine uc.jpg (5/09), and Eliza h20homebirth.gif (7/11)

#12 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 10:59 PM

Anything sweet. I want to stick my head into the pastry case at the grocery store and turn into pac man, chomp chomp chomp.
I'm, of course, trying not to do this, as 1. it would be painful to stick my head through the (probably) leaded glass, and 2. baby doesn't need me to eat that crap. Needless to say, I do give myself little treats (probably more than I should) but enough to take the edge off. Like, a fruit yogurt, or some m&ms. Sometimes I bake one or two of those pillsbury cookies that you break and bake. mmmm.... mmmm....

Catherine and B stillheart.gif DS1 (6) biggrinbounce.gif DD (4) loveeyes.gif DS2 (1) drool.gif and expecting #4 shamrocksmile.gif on March 17, 2014.  
#13 of 54 Old 12-07-2008, 11:58 PM

Nada. Zilch. Zip.

Oh where oh where is my appetite?? Nausea's gone but my appetite is still MIA. Sigh.

Lisa , married to Dan, mama to IVF miracle Natalie 5/20/09 :
#14 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 12:38 AM

I'm with the OP. I have been all about spinach and mixed green salad with lots of really vinegary Italian dressing with olive oil. I've eaten 3 packages if the stuff in the last 3 days. Last week, I desperately needed protein and this week I guess its iron??

Next week, Vitamin D, yay Hawaii!

M.Ed. Mama to Chunka (1/07), Beauty (5/09) and Elizabear 3/12): Birth Doula (working toward certification) AAMI Midwifery Student, Advocating with Solace for Mothers & The Birth Survey

#15 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 09:28 AM

Just wait LisaG! I was exactly the same way and the minute I hit 20 weeks the cravings came rolling in......... Now I have to be really careful about what I eat because I could eat a LOT!

Aww, Asher- we both have a Griffin-baby! Cute!

mama to L (4) and G (1.5)
#16 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 01:37 PM

I want chips & salsa!

I had a Stove Top stuffing craving in the first tri. No chicken, no mashed potatoes to go with it, just stuffing. Delicious!

I haven't really been having cravings - it's more like certain foods taste really, really good now that I'm pregnant. Especially beverages like orange juice, Dr. Pepper, and beer (just a few sips at Thanksgiving but they were heavenly!) I bought an 8 lb. bag of navel oranges two days ago and I think I've eaten at least 3 lbs of them already!
#17 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 01:54 PM - Thread Starter

Oh, I craved tortilla chips and cheesy salsa for weeks. I swear I thought the babe would come out with flames coming outta his ears.

lotus.blossom ~ I think someone else in our ddc plans to name their boy Griffin, too. Or was that you that I talked to about that at the beginning? (My memory is worse than it used to be and I didn't think that was possible! )

#18 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 02:18 PM

Orange Juice. I usually don't drink OJ because it's too high in calories. I don't even have it in the house. But oh my, it's so good. I wanted it so bad I went to the store and bought 3 things of Simply Orange and that was it.

I haven't really craved foods. More like today I want this and then the next day that sounds OK to eat. But I'm talking just normal meals for lunch or dinner. Nothing really like I've got to have it or I'll explode type feeling. Oh and I've totally not wanted any sugary foods really. I haven't had dessert in months. I'm so proud of myself. : And I cannot finish an entire meal for the life of me. I ate more pre-pregnancy than I am now. Meals that would have been gone before are left half uneaten. What is up with that?
#19 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 02:26 PM

I've been craving orange juice, lots of sweets, and spicy foods.

A lot times I feel like I'm starving, but I can't quite figure out what I want.

Mom to energy.gif (2/01 ribboncesarean.gif), guitar.gif (11/06 ribboncesarean.gif), and love.gif (5/09 vbac.gif)
familybed1.gif  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  caffix.gifnak.gif
#20 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 02:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedwifey View Post
Orange Juice. I usually don't drink OJ because it's too high in calories. I don't even have it in the house. But oh my, it's so good. I wanted it so bad I went to the store and bought 3 things of Simply Orange and that was it.

I haven't really craved foods. More like today I want this and then the next day that sounds OK to eat. But I'm talking just normal meals for lunch or dinner. Nothing really like I've got to have it or I'll explode type feeling. Oh and I've totally not wanted any sugary foods really. I haven't had dessert in months. I'm so proud of myself. : And I cannot finish an entire meal for the life of me. I ate more pre-pregnancy than I am now. Meals that would have been gone before are left half uneaten. What is up with that?
Totally normal. Our organs are starting to get squished with baby and their "luggage" in their right now which means you may not be able to eat as much as you used to. My mw suggests six smallllll meals a day, but that's so not happening. I'm lucky if I get three smalls in.

#21 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
The other day I couldn't figure out whether I was craving caramel or wasabi. Go figure how I could confuse those two. I didn't get either though, usually don't actually get the things I start craving, the cravings would have to stick around til grocery day and they're generally more fleeting than that. I did get the salad and sauteed mushrooms I wanted last Saturday though, as it occurred to me on the way to the store.
#22 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 02:42 PM

Today's craving if Hummus. I was all excited to make some when I realized I have NO chickpeas! ahhhhhh!
#23 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 03:00 PM

I just made poutine for lunch. So yummy.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#24 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lissa View Post
I just made poutine for lunch. So yummy.
You're evil. That is all. Pure EVIL.
Homemade poutine is nothing like "the good stuff" I used to get from a restaurant near where I lived in Winnipeg. The owners were Quebecois and knew how to make it *perfectly*.
Now, I can't make it at home anyway since we don't keep dairy in the house.

Wife of Michael , SAHM to Aristotle 09/99 Raphael 06/07 and Marius 05/09 Known only in dreams but never forgotten: Euphrates Decluttering 290/2010
#25 of 54 Old 12-08-2008, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukedwifey View Post
And I cannot finish an entire meal for the life of me. I ate more pre-pregnancy than I am now. Meals that would have been gone before are left half uneaten. What is up with that?
Me too. And it's annoying because I just want to fill up so I can leave the house without fear that I'll get hungry again! My husband is enjoying eating what I leave on my plate though!

I forgot about sauerkraut. I wouldn't call it a craving but the few times I've had it this pregnancy it's the best.thing.ever. Right down to lifting the plate to my mouth to suck up every last bit of juice!
#26 of 54 Old 12-10-2008, 04:25 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went to Panera to get my favorite sandwich and saw that the Fuji Apple Salad is back! I was sooo excited! Eating it now at my desk.

Banana Republic is also having a 40% off sale!! I was so excited, and got DH two nice sweaters. Everything regular priced is 40% off today!

Alicia, wife to an loving and faithful DH, and mama to three fantastic though nutty children (cs, then a fast HBAC, then a fast VBAC!!). Planning a third VBAC, again at home, in February 2016.
#27 of 54 Old 12-10-2008, 04:37 PM

I bought a big bag of frozen breaded mushrooms, and made those at about 3 am, and then some more for breakfast...lol
#28 of 54 Old 12-10-2008, 04:42 PM

I'm so over the need for bacon.

Two days ago I had to make Indian food. I made a korma, with chickpeas. I ate almost the whole thing, and I had to stop myself - it would have been a whole can of chickpeas, a whole onion, and a lot of garlic and fresh ginger. The only reason I stopped was because I was seriously afraid of scary gas for the next two days! The next day when I took the leftovers out of the fridge, it smelled so bad to me, I had to throw it out. Go figure.
#29 of 54 Old 12-10-2008, 04:58 PM

I'm craving seafood today. Mmmmm...

Mom to energy.gif (2/01 ribboncesarean.gif), guitar.gif (11/06 ribboncesarean.gif), and love.gif (5/09 vbac.gif)
familybed1.gif  delayedvax.gif  selectivevax.gif  caffix.gifnak.gif
#30 of 54 Old 12-19-2008, 01:13 PM

I'm craving dark chocolate, but I've run out, and it's all snowstormy out there. :

I'm going to make some Mexican hot chocolate, but I'm not sure it'll help!

alsoSarah

I just happen to like apples, and I am not afraid of snakes. ~Ani d.
These dolls and toys confuse me so; Confound it all, I love it, though!~J. Skellington

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page