7 months pregnant - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 07-14-2015, 08:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
7 months pregnant

My name is Beth, I'm a first time mom and I'm 30 weeks pregnant. My problem is, I don't look it. I was a heavier girl to begin with but I look on as all these other women look pregnant with their cute popped bellies, while mine looks like the 30 pounds I've gained; fat. The only time I look remotely pregnant is when I wear maternity clothes that somewhat smooth my stomach. My boyfriend doesn't see where I'm self conscious and tries to reassure me everyday I look pregnant. But the purpose is defeated when I'm at work and make reference to being pregnant and people look at me like I have two heads when I say, I'm 7 months pregnant.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 07-15-2015, 07:08 PM

Mentioned: 92 Post(s)
Quoted: 94 Post(s)
That sounds perfectly normal to me, although I can see as to how you'd feel self conscious about it. I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I wish I looked a little less pregnant! I've gained close to 60lbs this pregnancy so far and i'll be 33 weeks tomorrow. All this weight gain has sky rocketed my blood pressure too. I'm sorry you're feeling like your pregnancy is going unnoticed by everyone around you. I know how it is to get weird reactions from people when you say when you're due. Pretty much everyone that sees me assumes i'm due tomorrow or something, and here you're stuck on the other end of the spectrum. It's hard I know.

Have you joined our ddc yet? It looks like you're due in September like I am. We have lots of nice supportive ladies in there and we're even doing a bead exchange (though we don't have many participants in the exchange). We'd love to have you over there!

R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wife to R
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, Mommy to A
9/17/08!, And new arrival S
8/15/15!
#3 of 4 Old 07-24-2015, 10:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewhite15 View Post
My name is Beth, I'm a first time mom and I'm 30 weeks pregnant. My problem is, I don't look it. I was a heavier girl to begin with but I look on as all these other women look pregnant with their cute popped bellies, while mine looks like the 30 pounds I've gained; fat. The only time I look remotely pregnant is when I wear maternity clothes that somewhat smooth my stomach. My boyfriend doesn't see where I'm self conscious and tries to reassure me everyday I look pregnant. But the purpose is defeated when I'm at work and make reference to being pregnant and people look at me like I have two heads when I say, I'm 7 months pregnant.
Beth,

I would first like to welcome you to the forums! It is great to have you here. I would also like to congratulate you on your pregnancy and I really hope that you have enjoyed the past 30 weeks of your pregnancy. The thing about pregnancy is that just because a woman doesn't look pregnant, doesn't mean she is. It depends on the size and shape of her body. Just because you aren't "showing" as much as you would like to, doesn't make your pregnancy any less special and it doesn't make you any less of a parent either. You are going to be a great mother, and there is nothing that will change that.

It is hard that your boyfriend doesn't see where you are self-conscious. You just have to remember that the pregnancy is going to be over within 10-12 weeks and you are going to have a beautiful baby in your arms who will love and adore you. A person who will look up to you the moment he/she lays eyes on you.

Please do not let what other people say and the negative things people tell you, get to you. You are going to be a great mother and just because you might not look pregnant, doesn't make your pregnancy any less valuable or beautiful.

dphilippe

#4 of 4 Old 07-24-2015, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by funfunkyfantastic View Post
That sounds perfectly normal to me, although I can see as to how you'd feel self conscious about it. I'm on the other end of the spectrum. I wish I looked a little less pregnant! I've gained close to 60lbs this pregnancy so far and i'll be 33 weeks tomorrow. All this weight gain has sky rocketed my blood pressure too. I'm sorry you're feeling like your pregnancy is going unnoticed by everyone around you. I know how it is to get weird reactions from people when you say when you're due. Pretty much everyone that sees me assumes i'm due tomorrow or something, and here you're stuck on the other end of the spectrum. It's hard I know.

Have you joined our ddc yet? It looks like you're due in September like I am. We have lots of nice supportive ladies in there and we're even doing a bead exchange (though we don't have many participants in the exchange). We'd love to have you over there!
funfunkyfantastic,

I really hope that your pregnancy is going well and that you are coping well physically and emotionally with your pregnancy.

dphilippe

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page