• 1 Post By Nazsmum
  • 1 Post By DavidPatterson

#1 of 3 Old 05-16-2020, 08:06 PM - Thread Starter

Location: hunting the wild aebelskiever in the Islets of Langerhans
Mentioned: 70 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Interview with Elizabeth Bartholet

You know, the professor at Harvard who thinks homeschooling is a bad idea?

https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/sto...homeschooling/

I homeschooled my youngest - I followed the state framework and he was ahead of his peers. He went to school in high school. I took my oldest out of school because no one in her school's faculty made a priority of teaching her to read.

All homeschoolers are NOT conservative, NOT religious, NOT evangelicals. I know plenty of liberal atheists who homeschool, so do not put labels on me or anyone else.

And Harvard has been a destination for many college-bound homeschoolers for 40 years. So stop the broad brush stereotyping.

People homeschool for a variety of reasons, mostly because they want their child to learn well. Some have learning disabilities that they inherited from their parents who know best how to get around the obstacles.
Nazsmum likes this.

"Vaccines are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're gonna get - acute hemorrhagic edema of infancy, allergies, anaphylaxis, asthma, autoimmune disease, diabetes, eczema, petit/gran mal seizures, fibromyalgia, Henoch-Schonlein purpua, Dravet's Syndrome, Retts Syndrome, Sweet's Syndrome, Hughes Syndrome, encephalitis, speech delay, tics, neurological damage, coma, ADEM, ADHD, AFP, ASIA, CFS, CRPS, GBS, ITP, JPA, JRA, LGS, LKS, MS, OMS, ORS, PANDAS, PANS, PINTANDS, POF, POTS, RA, SIDS, SJS, SLE, SPD, SUDS, TPI, the disease one is being vaccinated against, or death."

Paraphrased from "Forrest Gump".

List from the drug companies' own package inserts that come with their product as required by law.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 05-17-2020, 06:56 AM

Mentioned: 173 Post(s)
Quoted: 347 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by applejuice View Post

All homeschoolers are NOT conservative, NOT religious, NOT evangelicals. I know plenty of liberal atheists who homeschool, so do not put labels on me or anyone else.

And Harvard has been a destination for many college-bound homeschoolers for 40 years. So stop the broad brush stereotyping.

People homeschool for a variety of reasons, mostly because they want their child to learn well. Some have learning disabilities that they inherited from their parents who know best how to get around the obstacles.
Thank you @applejuice ! You are so right.
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 3 Old 07-20-2020, 04:51 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Homeschooling is absolutely normal now.
applejuice likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page