Plans for Next School Year? Math, etc.... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 1 Old 06-16-2020, 11:33 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Plans for Next School Year? Math, etc....

OK guys, things are getting real... I was hoping that the summer heat would kill off covid, or that it was petering out, but now it looks like it's coming back. What are you doing about school next year? Are you sending your kids if they open? Homeschooling? I'm so torn.... So my oldest is in college, and my 16-year-old is homeschooled (but goes to a co-op or does online classes for all his stuff), and then my 2 youngest will be in preschool and kinder. For college, I don't know, so far they're saying they're opening normally, but luckily he's local to us so he can come home easily if they go online again.... My 16-year-old is just about dying from isolation, but at least as far as school goes, his co-op classes can go online again like last year, and he does math with Thinkster Math - it's like online live math tutoring - so that'll cover that...and then the only thing I can think of for my littles is having my mom or sister teach them phonics and stuff sometimes, in the backyard wearing masks? ha ugh - I have to work so I don't really have time to homeschool them, and the online preschool stuff their school did last year just did not hold their attention.... I guess they can do those educational apps too? But I mean, kinder is such a foundational class....I don't know, maybe I'll just have to cut back on work hours so I can teach her at least? What are you guys doing? Any creative solutions or plans?

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page