South Bay/ East Bay Area Mommies? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 06-29-2004, 11:38 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi everyone, just trying to post to meet some new people around my area. I live in Union City, CA. and I am looking for other Mommies who'd like to get together to converse and let our children play. I'd like to do this any week day except for Wednesday, and 11-2pm works best for me, but I'm flexible on that. I have a 22 month old lil girl and I am due to have another little girl around the second week of September. There is the "East Bay Mama's Playgroup," and I have met up with a lot of them before. They are a really cool group of people! It's just they usually meet up a little far from me. I attend a local playgroup on Wednesday's, but it is so mainstream! I'd kind of like to meet some cloth diapering, non-vaxing, etc., type of mama's. Although I know not everyone does those things either. At least if you are here on MDC, then we have something in common already! I'd just like to stay a little closer to home, so I'd be delighted to travel to San Jose, Mountain View, Fremont, Newark, obviously U.C., Hayward, San Lorenzo, and occasionally even a little farther. So if you too are also looking for something close to home and live in these areas, send me a private message or a post and we'll get together soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 07-25-2004, 03:24 AM

I live in san leandro, but am willing to travel in your direction to play, maybe we could meet at a park? I have a 3yr old girl. We Eb, co sleep, Cd- hopefully for not too much longer-fingers crossed for potty learning)...
Monday am is a good time for me- 10ish.
I have (recently) gone to the East bay mammas fiday playgroup- when we met a few times on wednesdays at totland in berkeley, and hope to do it again...
#3 of 9 Old 07-26-2004, 10:39 PM

Hi Isadorable!

For some reason this thread repeated itself. Several mama responded to the earlier post.

We are getting a group going on Thurs. morning. We've been to Lake Elizabeth in Fremont but we are open too.

I also meet with a mom on Tues. morning and we go for walks at Lake Chabot.

Let me know if you would like to join the walks or we can do something more mellow too if you are so inclined.

I'd love to meet another AP mama to hang out with.

Caring Touch

#4 of 9 Old 07-26-2004, 10:43 PM

I am in Fremont. And while I am perfectly fine being a hermit my 18 month old needs some one to play with :LOL I would love to join in.
#5 of 9 Old 07-26-2004, 11:29 PM

Thank you for the warm invite caring touch :x

As it happens, tues and thursdays dd and I take care of little boy at his house, (though his mommys may not mind if we meet some tuesday(s) for a walk at Lake Chabot). My dd and the boy we take care of might inhibit your walk though if you are in it for the exercise, as being 2 and 3 yrs old their definition of 'walking' doesn't necessarily cover any distance.

I am free on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, as well as Saturdays.

I am kinda new to the area~ Have been in San Leandro for over 1 year (grew up in S.F. but never ventured much over the bridge ), so I am not great at recommending parks that are south of me. Any ideas? Oh, we've been to ardenwood farm and love it, looking/feeding the animals, running on the grass, playing in the hay, picinic on the lawn...
#6 of 9 Old 07-27-2004, 09:13 AM

Hi MissSugarCane...

Welcome! Let me know if you want to join in on Thursdays or whatever Isadorable and I get going. Love to have you.

Isadorable...I could do Wed. if that works good for you. I usually do some sort of walk but we can try other things too. Let me know what kinds of things you're into and we can figure something out. I've lived in Hayward for four years and still not hip on all the parks either.

So let me know if Wed works and we can plan to get together...anybody else wanna join in or have suggestions?

Caring Touch
#7 of 9 Old 08-07-2004, 04:21 AM

I rarely think to check in here, but for once, stumbled in. :-) I have an AP group (TriCitiesAP) that we go to on Tuesdays between 11:30 and 2 at various playgrounds in the tricity area. But I'd probably be up for an occasional playdate here and there.

Laura, mama to J (15), N (12), E (9) , M (6), and our little caboose, R (3).
#8 of 9 Old 08-07-2004, 04:58 AM

Just wanted to pop in and say hi to my buddies. Juanita is great, you guys will love hanging out with her! Laura is a woman I love a LOT and Isa is my new Totland buddy. I'm excited you all might be getting together.
#9 of 9 Old 08-07-2004, 05:35 AM

Hi everyone!
What happened to the old thread? I see some new folks replied to this one. Glad to see so many mamas from the east bay. CaringTouch and I have met before at Lake Elizabeth. Anyhow, I'll be going on vacation for 3 weeks so I probably won't be able to join for any gathering you may have planned but will do so after I come back. Enjoy!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page