Strawbale construction-volunteers wanted-SE Mich - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 10-03-2006, 11:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not a formal part of this group, but spreading the word... PM me if you want contact info. Could be a lot of fun, especially for older kids...

We're eagerly looking for volunteers to help out with the construction of the Kensington Kids Cottage over the next couple weeks (October 3rd - 12th) . We need to finish up before the cold weather comes!

We'll be doing strawbale/plastering, making compressed earth blocks, and building a wall with those blocks. We'll be working Tuesday-Thursday, 10am - 4 pm (rain or shine, since we have overhead tarps to keep you dry.)

The project is located at the Farm at the Kensington Metropark (south of Milford Michigan). If you call 24 hours in advance and leave a message that you are coming, that would be great, as we could contact you in case of any unforseen changes in the schedule.

Carrin Mama to Sawyer 4/06 and TTC #2 I am a WAHM!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 10-06-2006, 09:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm on the other side of the state, but that sounds like a fun time. You might want to cross post in country living/ off the grid

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page