Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who: US!

What: play at little frog park in Temescal area of Oakland

When: Friday, June 1, from 9:30-ish until 12noon, 1pm

Where:
this is from the website:
http://www.frogpark.org/
Redondo Playground, the smaller of the two structures, is a tot lot designed for children 2-5 years old. It is located beneath the grove of redwoods at the intersection of Redondo Street and Clarke Street. It's a bit hard to find, but if you can get yourself to the intersection of Telegraph and 51st, then you are really just one block away. Clarke Street can be accessed from 51st between Miles Street and Telegraph Ave or from Claremont Ave just north of its intersection with Telegraph Ave.

Why: because!

pm me if you have any questions... this is a nice little mellow park that is mostly enclosed so mamas can talk while the children play... there is a pirate ship, a sand area, a tree house, a store and a castle. There is a little creek outside the play area for exploring...

This park is a bit of a walk from rockridge bart station... and it is right off telegraph where there are a lot of buses... it has some nice shady redwoods to play beneath.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~~~~~~~~~~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 73 Old 05-27-2007, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

~~~~~~~~~~
#3 of 73 Old 05-28-2007, 08:09 PM

putting it on my calender now

Berkeley mom of 3 and President of Tender Cargo Baby Gear
and The Nurture Center Store and Resource Center 3399 Mt Diablo Bl Lafayette CA 888-998-BABY

#4 of 73 Old 05-29-2007, 12:49 AM

We'll be there!

Kristina and Bea
#5 of 73 Old 05-30-2007, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter

cchrissy and beatrixmum and anyone else coming,

It has been pretty cold at little frog and big frog park... We were there this morning until noon and it was chilly. So, throw a jacket in the car or whatever... (You probably already do this, living in the bay )...

see you soon.

~~~~~~~~~~
#6 of 73 Old 05-31-2007, 11:04 PM

We'll be a little late 10 or 10:30 due to car share snaffu. Don't give up on us!

Kristina and Bea
#7 of 73 Old 06-01-2007, 01:48 PM

leaving now...

and The Nurture Center Store and Resource Center 3399 Mt Diablo Bl Lafayette CA 888-998-BABY
#8 of 73 Old 06-01-2007, 04:11 PM - Thread Starter

hey ladies, it was great meeting you and your lovelies:

Cchrissy, I think it is a great idea to get together at the park monthly. Friday morning works great for us... but another day could be good too...

beatrixmum, here is the link for stern grove:
http://www.sterngrove.org/concert_dates.html

I think we're going to the OS MUTANTES show, and possibly others...

~~~~~~~~~~
#9 of 73 Old 06-01-2007, 05:08 PM

Thank you both so much for a nice morning, we had a great time.

Stern Grove looks GREAT, carmel23. I can see us going to a lot of these concerts. I thought we wouldn't be able to bring Bea to the symphony or the ballet for many years. So many great shows, wow, thanks for sharing this.

Bea and I would love to get together monthly and will make ourselves available any weekday.

We will be in Texas and away from our computer until June 12th.

Best,
Kristina
#10 of 73 Old 06-02-2007, 02:16 PM

yeah, thanks for organizing this!
I'm up for doing it monthly, and as long as it's a morning anything but tuesday is fine with me.

hey, other MDC mamas, come join us sometime

#11 of 73 Old 06-03-2007, 07:06 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchrissyy View Post
yeah, thanks for organizing this!
I'm up for doing it monthly, and as long as it's a morning anything but tuesday is fine with me.

hey, other MDC mamas, come join us sometime
cchrissyy, it was great to meet you and your crew... I hope y'all are enjoying your new ride. I've been showing my dh pictures of the same car, and he actually liked it (especially the fact that it isn't a mini-van!).

Take care and we'll see you guys in June

And it would be great for any other mdc mamas to join us--we'll have kids from age 5 months to 6 years, so come one, come all!

~~~~~~~~~~
#12 of 73 Old 06-05-2007, 05:50 PM

I was out of town for the last visit but would love to come to any future ones. Hopefully you can post dates and times for future visits here on the MDC tribal areas and I'll keep trying to check in on occasion. THanks!

Married to my soul mate and best friend. Stay-at-home-mama, home-schooler to three magical little ones. And, blogging about a green, simple, frugal way life at rosiedreams.com.

#13 of 73 Old 06-07-2007, 02:45 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bean View Post
I was out of town for the last visit but would love to come to any future ones. Hopefully you can post dates and times for future visits here on the MDC tribal areas and I'll keep trying to check in on occasion. THanks!
hi J-Bean.

We'd love to have ya join... Hey does June 22 sound good to y'all? I figured we keep it to the 4th Friday of the month.

Let me know how that sounds, y'all...

~~~~~~~~~~
#14 of 73 Old 06-07-2007, 10:49 PM

I'll mark my calendar. Just send a time and place and I'll surely try to be there. Thanks for the quick response.

Married to my soul mate and best friend. Stay-at-home-mama, home-schooler to three magical little ones. And, blogging about a green, simple, frugal way life at rosiedreams.com.

#15 of 73 Old 06-11-2007, 03:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Bean View Post
I'll mark my calendar. Just send a time and place and I'll surely try to be there. Thanks for the quick response.
J-bean;

I'll be there on the 22nd of June from about 9:30 until 11:15/30...

But in the past we said 9am-12noon. Last time we stayed until about 11:45...

Also, we went to meet the pigs at ardenwood farms on tuesday. This coming tuesday is meet the chickens and my first son loves chickens... it is from 11-11:30am and it is $2 dollars for adults and children over 4 (I think). It was really cool and then nice to wander around the farm/have a picnic afterwards...

~~~~~~~~~~
#16 of 73 Old 06-11-2007, 12:41 PM

hi there mamas! I'll most likely be there with my 5 month old girl. Not sure if we'll be there right at 9....buuuuttt, we''ll see! (i haven't figured out the
being-on-time part yet with baby. Not sure how you do it with 3 Carmel23!!
#17 of 73 Old 06-11-2007, 06:09 PM

I just mentioned Ardenwood to my husband this weekend saying we've got to get there one of these days...but tomorrow won't work for a trip there.

I put the 22nd down on the calendar though. Will this be at the park mentioned at the top of the page? I look forward to seeing you and anyone else who can make it there. I'll try to get there between 9 and 9:30. Late is my game everyday. (Although I did make it on time to the Dr's appt. today! It's a miracle!)
Sounds like fun and can't wait to meet some more mama's! -Jeanine

#18 of 73 Old 06-14-2007, 03:44 AM

So glad to hear about Friday the 22nd. We'll be there!
#19 of 73 Old 06-19-2007, 01:53 PM - Thread Starter

arg, so I'm having major scheduling conflicts on Friday--so I don't think I'll be able to make it... arg.

I thought that summer would be nice and relaxing but so far it is :

so... have fun and I'll post if we'll be at little frog park next week at all...

~~~~~~~~~~
#20 of 73 Old 06-20-2007, 12:09 AM

I am open to other days besides Fridays if we want to choose another day of the week and/or time. Are others going to be meeting there on Friday. If I hear from someone else I'd be happy to go this Friday, otherwise, let's pick a new date/time, maybe on a new thread ?.

#21 of 73 Old 06-20-2007, 01:25 AM

I am able to meet this Friday, but I'm also open to new a new day as our schedule is very flexible. If changing the day means carmel23 can join us I'm all for it!
#22 of 73 Old 06-20-2007, 01:34 AM

i'm able to change too

#23 of 73 Old 06-21-2007, 04:50 PM

Hi there,
Do others still plan on meeting at the park tomorrow? And which park is it that you met at last time? I'm up to it as long as someone else will be there since I'd likely be driving instead of our usual walks.
Please post here to let everyone know. I am more than open to simply selecting a new day though too, something that works for everyone or more of us. Date? 9:30-noonish? Thoughts?

#24 of 73 Old 06-21-2007, 10:45 PM

I guess since we're all open to meeting on another day, I'd like to do that. I'm not usually this wishy-washy, but dd is going through a huge, visible growth spurt this week and is very cranky, clingy, and tired. Possibly not the best time to set her loose on your kids. Also, as she is turning 1 on Saturday I have a cake to make and a quilt to finish and could use the extra time tomorrow.

I really do want to get together soon and meet more mamas in the area. It is a top priority! I'm very reluctant to bow out at the eleventh hour but common sense tells me it must be so.
#25 of 73 Old 06-21-2007, 11:32 PM - Thread Starter

How does wednesday, June 27th sound? We're totally flexible on time that day--morning, afternoon, whatever works....

if it is the afternoon we'd have to leave by 3pm for swimming, though...

Friday the 29th would be good, too

~~~~~~~~~~
#26 of 73 Old 06-21-2007, 11:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by beatrixmum View Post
Also, as she is turning 1 on Saturday I have a cake to make and a quilt to finish and could use the extra time tomorrow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BEA AND KRISTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: : : : :nana: : : : : : : :

~~~~~~~~~~
#27 of 73 Old 06-21-2007, 11:42 PM

OK, Let's pick a new day of the week to try meeting. Just to note, since I've only heard from one other person, I will likely not be stopping by tomorrow. So, picking a new day...my schedule kind of fluctuates each week depending on visitors, but typically I'm open to any day except Tues. and we'll leave Fri. out of the running. CHime in on the notes below so we can establish the next meet-up.
WHEN:
Take a look at your calendar and figure out if a MONDAY, WEDNESDAY, OR THURSDAY's. would work best?
WHERE:
Should we meet at the park used last time (Frogpark, Redondo Playground in Oakland)? Works for me.
TIME:
The initial time would work well for us since my little one usually goes down for a nap around noon. So, a 9-12 time (or a little later ending a little earlier is a little more realistic maybe?)?
Chime in Bay Area mama's and let us know. Have a great weekend!

#28 of 73 Old 06-22-2007, 03:10 AM

Ok,
I can do 9-12 on M W or Th. not the other days, not other times.
the park choice doesn't matter to me as long as it's near oakland/berekely

#29 of 73 Old 06-22-2007, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmel23 View Post
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BEA AND KRISTINA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
: : : : :nana: : : : : : : :
what a beautiful birthday card!

subbing, i was following the other thread. i need to check the whole board now and then, i guess. good thing i checked before heading out the door; thanks for the link carmel23.

our summer is more of a "week by week" thing, not "day of the week." dd1 has daycamp week 2 (next week), 4 and 9, and swimming T-F at 11 on weeks 5 and 6. (welcome to schoolkid daycamp world: weeks have numbers). next week's camp is afternoon, so it's possible we'd be there, but not if her campmate sleeps over that night... :

dd2 has only a weekly 12:30 gymnastics class (T now, but will switch to M if the class opens up), that i didn't sign up for all weeks on. and we have a tentative weekly playdate with friends for T, and other schoolmate things will crop up of course... more :

so i'll pencil in next W on the calendar. hope to see you guys

my signature is usually illegible
#30 of 73 Old 06-22-2007, 05:51 PM

Next Wed. and Tues. don't work for me. Next Friday would though. I know what you mean about each week being different, ours being more about house guests coming to visit every other week or so though.
I was thinking that a scheduled day of the week and time would allow us to simply show up and hope for another mom to be there. Hopeful? I don't know. Another group I get together with meets up locally every other Tuesday and that seems to work well...except now that it's summer time it is spotty since everyone's schedules are so crazy. We certainly don't have to commit to meeting every week though, even once a month would be a good attempt in my book. Any ideas? Or would you all prefer to negotiate date/time each time?
Let me know if you'll do next Wed. or Fri. and I'll try to be there.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page