The Truth, The Whole Truth and Nothing But The Truth About... - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 01-29-2008, 02:53 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lisa Ross. I have heard some really great things, I have heard some really not great things. I need them only for annual check ups, as I can't have any more children But I need a female and I need someone understanding...I haven't been for a checkup in 4 years and I have a history of sexual abuse. It's a very emotional subject for me and I spend the entire time crying on the table throughout the whole process. I have had gyn's that are a bit understanding about it...I've had others that get irritated with my sobbing, tensing and telling them to please just get it over with. I was hoping Lisa Ross might be a bit more understanding and personal with me...so I've made the appointment and now I need to know how others feel about LR. Thanks for all your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 01-30-2008, 01:29 AM

I'm in NC, but have similar difficulties with annual exams and have found several great midwives who have been really patient and kind.

A midwife might be a good alternative, if you don't get rave reports on this gyn!

Good luck, mama.

Rebecca, mama to M (08/06) and E (04/09)
#3 of 4 Old 01-30-2008, 02:41 AM

Hi, I have been going to Lisa ross for general gyn for 4 years and had my daughter there. I can't imagine any of the midwives or the nurse practitioner being any thingless than supportive and kind. I was totally freaked out after my baby was born (sleep deprivation) and would call them up about all sorts of stuff and they were so kind to me. I hope it goes as well as it can.

#4 of 4 Old 01-30-2008, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I still go to Lisa Ross for my gyn appointments. I bet as midwives they'd be more understanding and certainly less rushed than a regular doctor. I always had good experiences with them - even though they couldn't attend my birth when the baby turned out to be breech, they were very nice about it, and even agreed to keep doing my prenatal checkups until I found someone else. (And even after I found the Farm for my birth, they still did one more checkup for me so I didn't have to drive all the way down there.)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page