visit to albuquerque w/3 year old...time of year and things to do? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 08-03-2008, 11:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi! We are trying to plan a family fun vacation and are considering New Mexico as an option. Wondering if I could get a few suggestions for fun. I think the museum of natural history looks cool, zoo looks good, water park... our son has just turned 3. He loves all of the above. I'm thinking either November or March/April. I'm in the early stages of research and sure would appreciate any information or suggestions anyone might have. Seems like there is a lot of science and history to be explored. Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 08-03-2008, 09:00 PM

I have a 1 yr old and a 4 yr old and we're never short on things to explore in ABQ.
The museum of Nat. History and Explora Science Center (my daughters' favorite) are both worthwhile. I personally really like the Albuquerque Museum and it is free to everyone on the first wednesday of every month (nominal fee otherwise). October 4-12 is the international balloon fiesta which is pretty cool.

The zoo and aquarium are both fun and there's a little train that runs betwen them.

Feel free to pm if you have any questions

mama to dd1(5) and dd2(2)
#3 of 3 Old 08-03-2008, 10:25 PM

I would HIGHLY recommend October as a month to visit.. The weather is cool however sooo wonderful (sweater vs. jackets).. Also, the balloon fiesta is in town! That is an amazing sight to see!!! VERY family friendly and tons of magical moments for kiddos. The tram is a nice family thing, w/beautiful views.

We have lotsa bike trails and scenery oriented beauty! Like PP and your own post stated the museums and all are a great start and could keep you busy for at least a week!

HTH.. Enjoy your visit.. You'll never see sunsets and sunrises like you'll see here. And never experience food and culture like we have here! Albuquerque is a truly Enchanting city!!!

:

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page