Bladder prolapse plus something else? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 01-19-2019, 02:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Bladder prolapse plus something else?

I tried responding to the prolapse support thread but it's apparently too old to post a reply to, so I'll have to submit a new post instead...

I was diagnosed with a Stage 2 cystocele around 6 months following my son's birth, but likely had a mild prolapse since my daughter was born 2 years prior. I'm now 19 months postpartum and it fluctuates, but is about the same as when first diagnosed.

In any case, my question if anyone can help is this: I had an "official" diagnosis made at a urogynecologist and was told that aside from my bladder, everything else was in its proper place. However, recently (following the use of a Kegel8 machine if this makes any difference), I noticed an additional bulge that was clearly not my bladder. I'm assuming this must be my cervix but it's... crooked I guess?? What I feel is my bladder at the entrance, then right behind that, another, firmer, narrower prolapse. I believe I feel what must be the cervical "indentations" I suppose, but instead of being on the bottom as I'd expect, they are on the side - so parallel to my bladder and up a bit from where the undiagnosed other bulge starts... If that makes any sense. I would kind of call it ridges that I'm feeling, so I'm really confused if it's my uterus or what else it could be, especially since I was assured my uterus was fine during my last diagnosis. It appears that whatever this is moves up a bit when my bladder droops down and then drops down when my bladder goes up. Strangely it was on ovulation day that I noticed it actually coming out a bit of the opening, as my bladder prolapse was doing well that day. Also ironically I felt very good that day w/ barely any symptoms. (Maybe cervical prolapses aren't as bothersome as bladder??) I don't know if this makes sense to anyone but if anyone has any ideas, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I won't be going to the doctor about this again anytime soon as we're now on high deductible plan and I've already tried PT anyway. Just trying to figure out for my own knowledge what's going on...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 04-04-2019, 07:07 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Just wanted to follow up in case anyone has something similar to state that I confirmed it is indeed a uterine prolapse I was feeling. It felt strange to me and not like what's I'd expect a cervix to feel like, but when it was on a very low day (ironically right around ovulation) I was able to confirm it with a mirror. I'm not sure if it was missed during my initial diagnosis (likely since I was lying down) or if it's a new development. In any case, only a couple of more months until my youngest and last turns 2 and then I'm through breastfeeding, so hoping it will improve then! I've quit for now with the Kegel8 or any exercises for that matter and haven't noticed any difference, only cyclical - barely any symptoms after menstruation then bothersome around ovulation and menstruation. I'm hoping that when hormones regulate and I can shed the last 10 lbs which are clearly hanging on while breastfeeding things will at least move closer to their proper places.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page