Warning *may trigger* graphic: 'Military recr'uiters cited for misconduct - Mothering Forums

#1 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060820/...recruiters_sex

This is a disgrace, an embarrasment and a tragedy.

ETA: I'd love to pull a bunch of quotes that are drop: but I don't want to upset anyone. Please read this if you are not likely to be upset, it is very disturbing. The amount that they have gotten away with, IMO is astonishing. Charges like sexual misconduct where rape should have been filed. People still in the service that are registered sex offenders!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 03:19 PM
Banned

People need to read this.
#3 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

The national gaurd seems to be on the right track, but they still leave the men vulnerable. I am just so mad about this!

The more I think about it the less it seems right. There must be more to the story with the RSO that is still in. He must be on admin hold for discharge, I have never heard of RSO's staying on active duty, unless they were being kept in to be charged further. But why is he still in a position to deal with the public???

#4 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 03:46 PM

I just read this today and it totally pisses me off although I am not surprised. The military is notorious for giving nothing or a slap on the wrist to men who rape and harrass servicewomen, ESPECIALLY if the men are officers.

It is amazing you can get kicked out for being gay but rape a woman and you're still in the club.
#5 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 04:21 PM

#6 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 04:30 PM

This article explains a lot...I enlisted in the Army in 2003. It was a 6 month process between walking in the door and shipping off to Basic Training.

At no point in time was I ever permitted to be alone with a recruiter; if the recruiter I was working with was the only one in the office when I came in, he would ask me to leave and come back later, when someone else would be in the office.

It's tragic that it never occurred to me why this might be, or that other recruiters were less than honorable in their actions.
#7 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 06:13 PM

Quote:
"It's really a victimless crime other than the institution of the Marine Corps. It's institutional integrity we're protecting, by not allowing this to happen."
Thats a quote from the attorney that represented many of the accused recruiters!

Mama to ds 6/00 and dd 1/09
#8 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 06:31 PM
Banned

A friend of the family came home and discovered his wife was raped by another man in the army. They of course called for an investigation. During the investigation, it was discovered that the friend of the family had had consensual sex with a higher up's wife. He was sent to jail for 6 months for adultery. The rapist? Nothing happened to him.
#9 of 9 Old 08-20-2006, 11:02 PM

"It was a lapse in judgement."

Aren't euphemisms fun?

Failure to behave appropriately?

That's phrased a little more strongly, but it's still ridiculous when you're referring to having sex (I assume) with an unconscious 18 year old.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page