montessori or public - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 08-10-2010, 04:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
so, dd has been at montessori for the past 3 years...she is entering into grade one this year and we had full on planned that she would continue at montessori...

however, we are having a baby in Dec and financial reasons and distance to the school are dictating that we may have to switch to public so she can take the bus each day and we don't have to obviously pay for her to be there.

The public school in our area isn't *bad* persay...but she tried it out at the beginning of SK and it just wasn't a fit...but it wasn't a fit because she was also at montessori...that said, she is NOT into it at all.

All this said...we are looking to figure out which transition will be easier for her...Sept or Jan. If it is Sept, i will have to alter my work hours, which is more complicated as well and may result in a decrease in my mat leave pay...

other options such as homeschooling are not an option for dd or dp, though it would be my ideal. Dd just isn't into it and dp doesn't like the idea either.

any thoughts are so greatly appreciuated.

earth honouring, tree hugging, yogi mamma to dd - my forest faerie (Feb/04) and ds - our new little bean born peacefully at home (01/02/11)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-10-2010, 07:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I would wait to switch her. You might find out you do not need to switch her afterall. But, she is already at the Montessori school, so leave her there. Will the reduction in pay justify the costs of the Montessori school anyway? Or at least help?

A midyear switch is not so bad. She will be the new kid so all the kids will want to get to know her.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page