Sex, orgasm, etc - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 04:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is maybe tmi but I am not sure where else to ask. I know we're *supposed* to wait til after 6 weeks for sex but I'm wondering if this includes any sort of sexual act. Is it the penetration too early that can cause issues or the orgasm or just any action in the area at all? Could clitoral sensation cause problems with healing or is it just internal friction that we should stay away from? I had a fairly quick home water birth, no tearing but a few small "skidmarks." I am still lightly bleeding.

Thanks and I hope I haven't overstepped any boundaries by asking.

Mama to Maia (12/04), Nora (9/09), Sam (8/12) and Step-mama to Aidan (3/02) and Luci (10/04).

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 04:57 PM

I'm DDC jumping here...

First of all, congrats to you for even having a DESIRE for any sexual act!

Secondly, I would hold off on penetration if I were bleeding. That means you're not all healed up.

Thirdly, clitoral stimulation won't hurt a thing. The tightening of muscles from the orgasm might be a little uncomfortable, however.
#3 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 06:16 PM

As long as you don't have stitches around your clit, then the stimulation shouldn't hurt. The contractions during orgasm might hurt, or might be uncomfortable, or might just feel good! No way to know unless you try

I would think that it isn't bad for you at all. It might cause extra bleeding temporarily, but that's only because your uterus will contract, so any blood that's in there will come out. You're not damaging anything (unless the blood is bright red).

Good luck, and HAVE FUN!!

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#4 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 07:37 PM

So whatever you're up for. The 6 weeks is for penetration, and especially if you're still bleeding, although any number of us ignore that advice. I know with our first we were back at it at I believe 1 week pp. This time we're 4 weeks out and I think DH is getting jumped this weekend. He'll have to be gentle because I did have a small tear, but not sure I can wait any longer.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

#5 of 7 Old 10-23-2009, 08:05 PM

I just waited until the bleeding had stopped (and then waited a couple days to make sure it REALLY had stopped) which was at 4 weeks

Also I put a few fingers in there first to make sure there weren't any stitches left... and that it didn't hurt

After DS1 was born we waited the full 6 weeks, then some more. And it hurt like craaaaaaaazy for months afterwards.

Not this time! Feels like normal! (Thank goodness!)

0****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****403rdtri.gif

#6 of 7 Old 10-24-2009, 04:15 PM

Way TMI:

We waited the 6 weeks with #1, as I had an episiotomy, and it was the *rule*. Since then, usually we only wait about 5 weeks. This time,#5, baby went from -1 station to birth with one push, so no stitches, skidmarks, or even soreness, really... we only waited 3.6 weeks. I thought I was finished bleeding, but it continued off/on lightly, mostly brown, for another week or so. We continue to steal every moment we can, and have had sex about 7-8 times since then. At 8 weeks. I think it is our record. I didn't experience any pain or extra bleeding with orgasm. <<Blush>> Honestly, our lovemaking often is too short for me to have one, because she wakes so frequently. Not to mention our 4 other kids, lol. So, quickies for now, and if she sleeps longer, maybe I get lucky.
I don't really mind, it's funny. Hmm, does that mean I am finally mature and unselfish, lol? OLD, I mean, lol????

I'm happy, dh is happy, baby is happy. That's all that matters. :-)
I wish I had this wisdom with #1!!!!

Leocea
#7 of 7 Old 04-11-2017, 12:50 AM

I had no desire for it for a couple weeks and not sleep and tiredness did not help from being up many times a night.
eventually I felt excitement and desire and we took care of it.. (nothing in there) but from touching it was very "explosive"

Cindy

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page