Mothering Forum banner

"Real" Belly Button!

872 views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  Kidzaplenty 
#1 ·
Just wanted to make the proud mama announcement (and SO much better for my nose too - was smelly!) that Isobella now has a real belly button! Yaaaaay - and it's SOoo cute - I will post pics in a bit!

See less See more
#3 ·
that was pretty fast...did you put anything on it or did it just fall off on its own?

#4 ·
yay! it transforms their little bellies to utter cuteness and yumminess, doesn't it? I can't wait til baby D squeals when I kiss his tummy, right now he just looks at me like "what are you doing???" lol

#6 ·
Our babies are DDC twins.
My little guy's cord is still hanging on. Not smelly though, which is odd I think, I remember all my girls being smelly. I fear it's going to be another week at this rate. We were using cloth diapers the first week and it kept getting wet, so we've gone to disposables for the duration of the cord stump. I'm so anxious to get back to cloth and see that black cord stump gone.

#7 ·
No I didn't put anything on it until it got smelly when she was eight days old. Then, I called up her pedi because I was told to, if it got smelly (and of course I've never had another baby's umbilical cord fall off before, this is the first time!) and they said to pop a little isopropyl on it to dry it a bit, and clean it a bit and leave it open to the air.

So I did that, but then it kept getting caught on me when we fed, and then bleeding a bit, which freaked me out (yah, I am a paranoid mama!). So I emailed my mum, who told me to put a little bit of gauze over it and put her onesie back on. I did that, and the next day it was a bit more "off" and then the day after that (yesterday) it fell off completely!

It only smelt those last two days before it came off - not at all before that. Her belly button is so cute - here are a coupla pics:

Bella Button 1
Bella Button 2

OOOH and then we got to have our first bath together! Here are pics of that:

Bella in her first bath, which she loved almost straight away...
Bella after the bath, wrapped up...

#11 ·
Aaw, so cute! I can't wait for Hannah's stump to fall off. For some reason it makes me nervous ...I am afraid it is going to catch on something. It doesn't help that it had a flat sharp part from being clamped, now that part is flatter to the stump and it is shriveling a bit, but I am still nervous about hurting it!

#12 ·
Do the gauze thing if it does start catching - then, you don't have to worry about that problem. I had to change the gauze once because of an "up the front" poo, but it did help enormously with the catching on things. Bella also had a flat sharp bit so the same issue was there with her. She didn't mind the gauze, and it didn't make the area any moister or anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.