things not turning out the way I had planned - Mothering Forums

#1 of 7 Old 02-24-2010, 09:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I haven't posted here very much, but I really need people to commiserate with me, I think...

I was due yesterday. I went in for my routine appt and my OB couldn't figure out position from palpation, so she did a cervical check (I was curious, too). I was 3 cm dilated and very soft, 75% effaced. But, she couldn't feel any presenting part, so she did an in office ultrasound and the little guy was transverse with his head on my right side, butt up by my ribs on my left side, and spine running along the bottom of my uterus and up the left side. Not good...

At 36 weeks, he was transverse by palpation. At 37 weeks, he was head down by palpation. At 38 weeks, she wasn't sure and I didn't want a cervical check, so she did a quick US to verify and he was head down. At 39 weeks, he was head down by palpation. Always very high. So, because of this movement, he is an "unstable lie."

So, I went in after hours and she did a version and he turned very easily. Both the OB and the US tech were marvelling over how much room he has in there. The US tech said that I have alot of fluid, too. After she turned him, he was still *really* high, but head down. No where near my pelvis. Because she doesn't feel like he is going to stay there, she encouraged me to schedule an induction on Thursday (when she is on call) as my best bet to have a vaginal birth. I did.

I came home and just before bed, lost my mucus plug with lots of bright red bloody show and contractions started back up (I regularly have alot of them) and felt like "real" ones. Not too painful and I could sleep through them, but consistently every 3 to 5 minutes during the night. At 5:30, I stopped being able to sleep through them and got up about 6:15. Had a bunch more bloody show then. Just hung around on the internet and waited for them to get more (they wanted me to come in early because of the unstable lie and because he is so high) before going into the hospital. Well... at about 8 AM, they started petering out. I noticed more pressure on my right side, like I have felt before when his head was there, so I felt around, and sure enough, his head was floating up my right side again. And, contractions started to really hurt differently. But, they pretty much stopped, I am now having maybe 2 or 3 an hour.

So, now I am just hanging out at home, resting up for my induction and possible c section tomorrow. I am so frustrated!!! I have found that if I lay on my right side, he moves back to vertex, but even when I laid like that for hours, labor did not pick up and it makes my joints hurt to lie like that for too long. When I sit, walk around, or lie on my left side, he starts to float to transverse. I know that if he would just get into position and into my pelvis, labor would take off and go so quick. I have felt for days that labor was trying to start and for some reason, just kept not...

I have accepted that I need an induction (she is going to try to turn him in the AM and then immediately induce) and that I may need a c section. I am ok with that (mostly). But I am still frustrated!!! And, I am sick of sitting around my house waiting for tomorrow to come!!! I just want to get on with it!!!

Anyways, I don't know what I want from responses, just wanted to say it all, and maybe get some commiseration!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 02-24-2010, 09:51 PM

Ugh, how frustrating! Hope everything works out for the best.

Turn, little baby!

Homeschooling mama to DD 3/28/06 reading.gif,  DS 2/27/10 coolshine.gif, Belle the Orange Dog 03/11, and DD babygirl.gif 10/03/2013.
#3 of 7 Old 02-24-2010, 10:03 PM

There is a Hypnobabies MP3 you could download and listen to till tomorrow. At least you might feel like you're able to 'do' something about the situation? Here it is if you want it: http://www.hypnobabies.com/mylink.ph...058#breechbaby

#4 of 7 Old 02-24-2010, 11:49 PM

I'm sorry, mama. Just remember (and keep hope) babies can turn at any point and maybe once labor picks up, he'll know just what to do!

: mama to 3 sweet boys, 10/21/03, 2/23/07 and 1/20/10
#5 of 7 Old 03-02-2010, 05:30 PM

How frustrating...thinking of you!
#6 of 7 Old 03-06-2010, 04:16 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the thoughts. I went in for my induction on the 25th. It didn't go exactly as I would have liked, but I am not really one to dwell on things and mostly figure they go as they are supposed to go. I really thought that I was going to wind up with a c section for a while there, as I got stuck at 7 cm and a -2 station for over 8 hours. I wound up with an epidural, and after a 15ish hour labor (so on the 26th), Miles was born vaginally.

My nurses and doctor were awesome and did everything they could to give me as close to the experience I wanted, and I really appreciate everything they did. Even after the epidural, the nurses were great with helping me come up with upright positions to help him come down and to help me dilate. They rocked.

Miles is doing great. He sleeps like none of my other babies have, I often have to wake him during the night to nurse (and last night he slept almost 7 hours straight... that would have been a record for my first anytime in the first year and a half!!!), and is just so sweet and beautiful.

I haven't been on here since he was born, so I hope everyone else is doing well, and everyone's births are going well!!!
#7 of 7 Old 03-06-2010, 05:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
mazel tov!!

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Wise-Woman-Fertility/182752565080597

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page