A moment of (warning: very disgusting, TMI) comic relief - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 01-22-2010, 01:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
So you know, life has been pretty stressful for me lately. We even had to put off going up to see my grandmother due to terrible weather pretty much the whole way from here to there for the last two days, which just made me panicky, afraid she'll pass before I can get there. Then today I had a stool that looked really bloody and I obsessed about it for an hour. I almost made my husband come look at it (before I started obsessing, lol) to see if it looked bloody to him, too. It didn't seem like it could be hemorrhoids or fissures, because there was no blood on the tp or the outside of the stool - just looked like bloody water. I spent an hour wondering what it was and could not think of anything I'd eaten that could've made it that color (since I obviously thought of beets and red food coloring), so was worried something was wrong up in there, which is just what I need on top of everything else - especially after having about 4 straight hours of very regular BH contrax that wouldn't stop no matter how much I drank.

I finally decided it hadn't been anything I'd eaten, since I'd had nothing with food coloring and no beets, and probably wasn't roids, since the tp had no blood on it. So I was worried, thinking there was definitely blood and it definitely was not hemorrhoids. As I worried and pondered, I walked into the kitchen to get another glass of water and saw the bag of Terra Chips on the counter - the Beets and Sweets style, with beets in it. Yeah, I'd eaten over half the bag on the way home from the grocery store last night. : And then I got a good laugh at myself for thinking that something surely must be terribly wrong, given my recent luck, all because I'm currently too absentminded to remember that I DID eat a bunch of beets - about a quarter pound of them, I guess. It was stupid, but it made me laugh for a minute.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 01-22-2010, 01:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Busy mama to my three little lads!
#3 of 5 Old 01-22-2010, 02:49 AM

oh my gosh...like you need the stress!

#4 of 5 Old 01-22-2010, 02:56 AM

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Oh. my. goodness! ... I'll admit, I got a great chuckle out of your story (not laughing at your expense so much as thinking that is EXACTLY something I would do!)!!!!!

[[hugs]] to you. I hope things start shaping up better for you and that your stress level sinks to a blissful, peaceful state! You deserve it!!

Judy, wife to my Catholic deacon husband, mothering my five girls and a boy, and
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Expecting Seven late Oct! Forever remembering our loss (8/11)
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#5 of 5 Old 03-20-2020, 09:31 AM

2020 all these years later. I freak out and I google same chips with red stool and i get this. I feel mich better now.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page