Doc thinks it's a boy - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 01-29-2010, 12:45 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I had two ultrasounds this week.

One was Tuesday... my regular prenatal visit. Doc did an ultrasound because I had been having spotting.

One was today, because the spotting turned to bleeding. I knew the baby was fine on Tuesday but I was afraid something had happened since then. We leave for Florida this weekend and I wanted to know for sure before we left.

At both ultrasounds the doctor (who I LOVE, for many reasons!) asked if I wanted him to try and guess the baby's sex.

I had been back and forth on finding out or not but at the offer of instant gratification, I caved.

Both times the doctor thought he saw a somethin' somethin' between the legs. I could see it, too.

On Tuesday I was a bit disappointed that it wasn't a girl. This is probably my last baby and I was hoping for another daughter. But now I'm getting excited that my youngest child... a 20 month old boy... will have a little brother.

The doctor said that it's still a little early to be sure... I'm 10.5 weeks... so we'll see if he turns out to be right!

Oh! P.S. The bleeding was likely due to a bit of placenta previa. It has stopped, thank goodness!

Catholic homeschooling mom of two daughters and four sons... baby Mark born on 8/27/10. Kidney Disease Awareness
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-29-2010, 01:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad everything's still good. My guess for me is a boy too. My only son is 7 and is so anxious for a brother! (2 sisters). Have fun in FL!

caution: one-handed nak

typos likely

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page