So happy to be here! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks MaerynPearl for point this thread out to me. When I checked this a.m. it hadn't been created yet!

So... my name is Tracy. I'm married to Kevin. We have 4 kids (I inflicted 3 of them on him and we made the 4th together - he is now two! ). I'm about to turn 40 in May and Kevin is 45. This was our 3rd month trying so we are very excited to have gotten a BFP so soon. Personally I think, even after 9 positive test, I'm still pretty much in denial/shock/hopefullness!

Our 5th currently has an EDD of 12/5/10! Kevin's dad passed away a few years ago and Dec. 5th was his birthday, so I would be pretty excited have a baby on that day if it worked out that way!

I can't wait to see who's going to show up here and I look forward to getting to know you!

Tracy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 05:55 PM

Hi Tracy! Congratulations!

My due date is officially 11/27, but I went two weeks over last time, so I'd like to avoid all that "overdue" pressure and hang out in this due date club too.
#3 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 06:03 PM

Hi! Congratulations!
I'm going to join here, too. I'm due probably around the 11/29 but I'm almost positive I'll go over again ... because I always have! This is number 4 for us, as well.

#4 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverBeenHappier View Post
Our 5th currently has an EDD of 12/5/10! Kevin's dad passed away a few years ago and Dec. 5th was his birthday, so I would be pretty excited have a baby on that day if it worked out that way!

if its a boy will he be named after him?

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 06:26 PM - Thread Starter

Hi Sasha's Mama & Adamsmama - Thank you and congrats to both of you as well! Ahhh, yes, two weeks overdue - I know it well. I was induced 13 days over with my now 18 year old DD, induced 14 days over with my 9 year old DD and more or less on time (although still induced) with 7 year old and 2 year old. I agree, just better to resign yourself to it from the start so that the wait is not even more painful at the end!

Since you ladies are a tiny bit ahead of me - has it really sunk in by now that it's true and you realize you're pregnant? I saw the first (very early) BFP a day or two ago, so I still feel like I'm being punked or like someone's messing with me. Can it really be? We were trying so this shouldn't be so surprising, but it is!!

MaerynPearl - Probably not. Kevin's older brother's name is John after their dad and although there are no baby prospects for him that I know of, we did name our little boy Austin Jack as Kevin's dad went mostly by Jack instead of John, so we've sort of covered that in our own way. I have the hardest time with boy's name too so we'll have to see how that turns out!

Tracy
#6 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 07:21 PM

Per recommendation...and reality - I am on this board too! EDD is around 11/28, however I would not be surprised if I go 42 weeks. Even a few days over and I am in December with you other late November gals!

I just got my BFP today - so its been sinking in excitedly. I have actually thought I was pregnant, but ERPT at 6 DPO and 11DPO were both negative. So I waited until now CD35 to test again. I think I am at what, 4w 6d pregnant? LOL I am not so good at math.

The day has been fun - letting a few friends and family know.
#7 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM

It's starting to sink in now that I've had heartburn and nausea all day at 4w 6d (finally!). Before now it didn't seem real. I took about nine pregnancy tests since last week just to make sure! I thought I was pregnant at 9DPO when I could smell my mascara when I was putting it on but I didn't get a BFP until 11DPO. After that it was just some cramping and really bad gas/burping a lot but I couldn't really wrap my head around the fact that yes, I'm pregnant!
#8 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 08:32 PM

It is starting to sink in because I'm having some symptoms. A little nausea if I don't eat ... a little heartburn if I eat too much ... tiredness ... BLOATING! ... and just since last night -- very hormonal. For most of this week it didn't feel as real as today when I was in tears over nothing at all. I then had a flashback to my last pg and how moody I was! Poor DH.
#9 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 09:03 PM - Thread Starter

PixelGeek - Welcome and congrats! Do you have any other children? Yes, it's so exciting to let others in on the news, isn't it? For now only my DH and I know -- oh and everyone here! I will be thrilled to share the news, but I think I have to wait a little bit to not only let it sink in, but maybe when I hear a heartbeat and then really believe that it's real!

Sasha's Mama Yes, I guess all day heartburn and nausea would have to make you think somethings up! So far I don't have any symptoms and the funny thing is that during non-pregnant months when I would have sworn I was pg. I had every symptom known to man.

Not complaining, I'm sure they'll come!

Tracy
#10 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 09:06 PM - Thread Starter

Adamsmama - I remember my last pg when I was glad (at first!) for any symptom because it reassured me that it was real and that I was still pg. (after an early miscarriage the month prior).

I'd love to blame my current and all day hunger on pregnancy, but since I'm only about 3 seconds pregnant, I think that's just my normal, never ending hunger. I go to bed hungry (after eating!) and wake up famished! Now, at least I'll have an excuse when my hunger is in overdrive.
#11 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 09:59 PM

Hi everyone
so happy to be here too!

Neverbeenhappier my father just passed away 2 months ago. I am feeling this baby is a boy and we will name him after my dad.

We were not exactly ttc, i was sure i am past ovulation already so we said what the heck. Then we talked about maybe ttc starting next month. Took tests all week up to 2 days before period was due and they were all very negative. With dd i was positive at 8 dpo! So i was sure im not pg until i started getting morning sickness and still tested negative finally the day period was due i took my last test just to humor dd i was in shock when it came out very darkly positive!

EDD around dec 2nd.

It will be very strage creating life while morning the loss of my father at the same time.
#12 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 10:32 PM

Congrats! Glad to see December mommies making an appearance. I'm in the November DDC, but I think I will be spending time here too since my EDD is 11/28. My mom and sister went several weeks over their EDD's, so I'm suspecting I will too

Julie - wife to Nathan, mama to 2 kitties and a due Nov. 28!!
#13 of 21 Old 03-26-2010, 11:42 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hi, I Spotted this month and my Breast are very sore.. Not trying to get preggo but oops happened.. And I think my last period was the 24th or 25th of Feb.. So I really didn't keep track, I hate it when I do that. But I am going to test am and see if We have a Little winner.. So if that's the case, Little winner will be born this DDC.. Everyone keep your fingers Crossed (Love to bring our 3rd into the world)

I am a homebirth Midwife
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, I have a Daughter (13) Son (10) and Son (5) and a Husband of 14 Years!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

#14 of 21 Old 03-27-2010, 07:45 AM

Never Been Happier: This is my first pregnancy. We are VERY excited to say the least. My hubby and I just celebrated our one year anniversey. So far we have gotten such positive feedback from friends and family - its great. About 18 or so months ago, my parents welcomed their first grandchild..a nephew for me!! So my sister is helping me out a lot (including recommending this board to me!) So much excitement, and so many questions to answer lol! (The funniest one being "How did this happen?" from my MIL who actually meant, "Were you guys trying?" lol. We are teasing her about sending her sex ed tapes as she is a Curriculum Superintedent!)

I am actually hoping the baby will wait until December to be delivered, as that would be a good long time for safe development!

Up in the middle of the night with heartburn, hoping this doesn't happen again soon!

Welcome all!
#15 of 21 Old 03-27-2010, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Yep!! 4:30 this morning!!! Loving it, Keeping it Quite from family, Not sure how long! This will be our 3rd, I have a 7 and a 4 year old! Looking forward to getting to know you all!

I am a homebirth Midwife
, I have a Daughter (13) Son (10) and Son (5) and a Husband of 14 Years!!

#16 of 21 Old 03-27-2010, 04:56 PM

hi everyone! my edd is 11/30, according to fertility friend, so i'm hanging out here too. although my dd came 8 days before her due date, so who knows? i could still go in november, too.

i've not had a ton of symptoms (aside from 6 pee tests and no period ) just some crampiness on and off, a little round ligament pain here and there. although i did eat, like 10 deviled eggs a few days ago with really spicy mustard mixed in. they were so good, but then when dh made a sandwhich for me the next day with the same mustard, i was totally grossed out. i could smell the mustard on the plate and it made me feel all icky and blecch. my first food aversion, woohoo!!!

ariana, mama to beautiful redheaded girls (oct 07) and (nov 10)

#17 of 21 Old 03-27-2010, 11:02 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hi everyone!!! I am so happy to be here as well

I am still a little afraid to believe it, but right now, we are expecting! We lost our first at 5 weeks, so I am praying that this one sticks around. We'd been TTC since July on Clomid due to infrequent ovulation. I am secretly hoping for b/g twins, but shhh... don't tell. But most of all I just want a healthy babe!!!

So nice to meet you all!

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#18 of 21 Old 03-29-2010, 01:21 AM

just wanted to say hello-took my test today and it was positive! i figured it would be because i haven't been feeling like myself. really hoping this pregnancy is more relaxed than my first-i know more about what to expect. i hope to gain less weight this time too! hahaha. last time it was almost 60 lbs!

congratulations to everyone here!

Mama to two girls, born 5/08 and 11/10.

#19 of 21 Old 03-29-2010, 03:15 PM

Hi, ladies! I just got my BFP as well, and it's not sinking in, but I am totally excited! This is our first, so I haven't the foggiest idea what to expect. Through the TTC process I was really grateful for this board and all that I learned. I'm sure you guys will be a similar source of knowledge! My EDD is 12/5/2010. I better get my butt in gear and finish (and pass) all four parts of the CPA exam by then! Eeek!

DH and I are both students, but I only have until June. Every once in a while this seems like a rather silly experiment, but then I realize that it's just the right time, and we'll figure out things like finances.

Oh, I just remembered my burning question: Are you guys waiting at all to tell people? We're going to visit my parents this weekend, and my mom would be annoyed if I didn't tell her right away, but it just seems so weird ... It's not real to me yet, so why should I tell other people about it, y'know? Plus, I want to wait until it's "safe". What do you guys think?

One curly engineer + One curly accountant = One curly preschooler (12/2010). Next up: 9/2014. Hoping this one sleeps, cause the first one didn't.
#20 of 21 Old 03-29-2010, 03:29 PM

Hello ladies!

Our 4th baby is due December 11th according to FF As a December baby myself, I can vouch for it being a fantastic birth month

Bellypats to all! I'm looking forward to getting to know you!
#21 of 21 Old 03-29-2010, 03:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sobranna View Post
Hi, ladies! I just got my BFP as well, and it's not sinking in, but I am totally excited! This is our first, so I haven't the foggiest idea what to expect. Through the TTC process I was really grateful for this board and all that I learned. I'm sure you guys will be a similar source of knowledge! My EDD is 12/5/2010. I better get my butt in gear and finish (and pass) all four parts of the CPA exam by then! Eeek!

DH and I are both students, but I only have until June. Every once in a while this seems like a rather silly experiment, but then I realize that it's just the right time, and we'll figure out things like finances.

Oh, I just remembered my burning question: Are you guys waiting at all to tell people? We're going to visit my parents this weekend, and my mom would be annoyed if I didn't tell her right away, but it just seems so weird ... It's not real to me yet, so why should I tell other people about it, y'know? Plus, I want to wait until it's "safe". What do you guys think?
Welcome, Sobranna! We are currently waiting to spread the word. Last time we told everyone within a few days (except facebook) and then I lost it. I actually feel more confident about this one, but DH still wants to wait. I did tell my mom, sister, childhood best friend, and a friend at work. But mostly we're keeping it hush hush for now. But you two go aheard and tell everyone if you want to! I can't wait to shout it from the rooftops, but am respecting DH's wishes to keep it quiet for now.

Good luck with school as well! We are both done with school, but have a bunch of other loose ends to tie up here before the baby comes...mainly finishing projects around the house and possibly trying to sell it. I am also a bit worried about finances. I am kind of thinking about trying to find a part-time job as well to help with expenses. I already work 35 hours a week, but my job is low-stress enough that I think I could work 2 evenings a week and maybe one day during the weekend as long as I'm feeling well. But I'm not sure if I'll find anything. DH is already working 9.5 hour days in a stressful job, so I'd like to be able to bring in some extra money before the baby comes if at all possible.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page