Omg. - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So here's the deal. I have a 7-month old daughter that I adore, and she was "planned for." She's still EBF, and I had only one fertile cycle since she was born.

My husband wanted to wait until she was 2 years old to try for no. 2, and we just got done with a discussion last night about how he wants to DTD more, but I've been sooo tired. Bottom line: we were being very careful.

On a whim I POAS this morning, and got a BFP. Went to the clinic for a blood test and am waiting to hear the results, but I'm pretty confident.

Haven't told DH yet, sorta scared to I am happy but nervous about handling two babies at once. More than anything, I'm afraid of what other people will say! Horrible, I know. At least my mama had 7 kids, and my sister and I are less than a year apart, so she understands. Please help me get the courage to tell DH!

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 12:31 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Congrats! My 4th and 5th are 15 months apart. It was a shock for us for sure. We knew we wanted another just not that close together. It had it;s moments of being difficult since I did have 2 very young babes, but those 2 are such close friends now. And having a large family with all the kids fairly close, I know what you mean about what people will say. I'm still nervous about telling my family since they seem to be the most unsupportive about it. But I've gotten to the point where I've learned to stop caring what other people think. It's really none of their business anyways.

You'll do fine. Just tell your DH and I'm sure once the initial shock wears off he'll be happy too.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#3 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 02:19 PM

Congratulations! No worries, you can handle it!

#4 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 02:32 PM

Have no fear mama. I found out I was preggo with number 2 at 4 months PP!!! My only two are 14 months apart. They are the loves of my life and I wouldnt have it any other way. Its hard, not gonna sugar coat that. But soooo worth it!
#5 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 04:01 PM

ein328 - Congratulations! I'm sure it's pretty shocking right now - heck we were trying and I think I'm still in shock that at almost 40 years old it worked!

I'm sure once the shock wears off and you and your DH get used to the news it will be all good! And how nice for you to have children that will be so close and be able to play together as they grow.

I have an 18 year old, 10 year old, 7 year old, 2 year old and now an EDD of 12/5 and I still might try to squeak one more in soon after new baby is born!

Tracy
#6 of 11 Old 03-31-2010, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My 3rd and 4th are 16 months apart and they have the best age gap in our family (3 years apart for the others). I wouldn't change a single thing...it's so much easier with them close in age!

Consciously mothering 3 girls and 2 boys
#7 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

So I got my bloodwork results back and...positive! Knew it.
Anyways, guess I'll be telling DH tonight

I guess my biggest concern is continuing to BF my daughter...I'm worried my supply will drop. We JUST started solids, and she has only ever had breastmilk (no formula). I really wanted to nurse until her second birthday, but I've heard so many mixed things about tandem nursing, especially nursing through pregnancy. I had hyperemisis the last time, too- lost 15 lbs in my first tri, finally submitted to taking zofran.

And wouldn't you know that just last week I shipped off 250 oz of frozen breatmilk through milkshare? Figures. I mean, I'm glad I helped out another baby, but I'll be sort of upset if I end up having supply issues now that it's gone. Selfish, I know.

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#8 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 07:03 PM

I lost 20lbs with my first and had to take zofran too Even when I delivered I was still less weight than I was before I got pregnant. Who buys smaller jeans when their pregnant? I threw up probably 5-10 times a day from week 6 through 6 months. No joke. Horrible. My doctor finally said, "look, you cant keep down your vitamins, you're losing too much weight... at this rate, your baby will be eating your bone marrow in about a week..." So, zofran it was... Dont feel guilty! I did forever, but Charlotte has been the picture of health since birth.

Anyways, congrats on #2! Even though people might look at you funny, its because they are wondering how you do it! Not thinking youre crazy! its totally common to get pregnant when your first is still little! I know lots of couples who had a whoops after their first. And they all say it is so much easier and they play together so well. I think developmentally it helps the second one a lot! He/she gets to play with the bigger kids more often and will learn a lot from them!

Plus, you wont go crazy like me... my three year old wants to play non-stop with me (im a stay-at-home). It drives me bonkers. I WISH she was a twin. haha. More work in the beginning, but right now... she'd have a built in playmate. And I could have alone time!

CONGRATS!!! Goodluck with telling DH. Mine was shocked last night when I told him, but today his is so excited he was telling the lady a dunkin donuts. haha. But we were planning to start trying in August, so we aren't that early in our plan anyways.

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#9 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 02:24 AM

ein328 - Just checking in to see if you told DH your surprise news and if so, how'd it go?

Congratulations too!

Tracy
#10 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 10:42 AM

Yeah! I was wondering how it went too!!!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#11 of 11 Old 04-05-2010, 10:48 AM - Thread Starter

Hey mamas! Sorry to leave you hanging- we went to visit family for Easter.

Told DH on the way to dinner- he totally didn't believe me at first, given that it was April Fools' Day. He seemed more shell-shocked than anything- looked at me and was like "how?" I was like, what do you mean, how? We actually pinned down exactly when it was, though. For you ladies who chart, I don't actually ovulate until day 20, meaning that my due date is off. Of course, I know that when I go in for my US they'll try to tell me something is fishy, at which time I'll inform them (again) that I'm not as far along as they think.

Anyway.....

Although I love my current mw and am sad I won't have her for this baby, I've already found an awesome hb mw in Fl- AND she's a CNM so the military should pay for it (fingers crossed). Am feeling better about everything already, even though DH still hasn't had the guts to tell his parents yet. My family is thrilled- but then again- almost every one of my mom's siblings has kids that close together.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page