worried about temp drop - Mothering Forums

#1 of 5 Old 03-31-2010, 02:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
My temp dropped this morning... not to the coverline, but about halfway there. I was afraid to even put it on my chart. I hope it means nothing, but I can't help but be very concerned.

I lost my previous pregnancy - started slight spotting at 19 DPO, increased spotting 20 DPO and by 21 DPO was bleeding and my doc confirmed miscarriage. I am currently 18 DPO. I had two betas (at 11 DPO and 16 DPO) with very good numbers, but I still can't help but worry. I hope that everything is alright. Maybe if I get through this weekend I will feel better.

Anyone else here pg after a loss?

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 5 Old 03-31-2010, 04:21 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honestly I have always stopped temping once I hit 18 DPO. The temps get too wacky sometimes and it's just way too stressful for me.

On a side thought, have they mentioned anything about your progestrone? I would maybe call and ask about it. I usually go and get natural progestrone cream right after I get pg to use twice a day because I know I tend to have lower progestrone issues.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#3 of 5 Old 03-31-2010, 04:41 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They did check my progesterone at 11 DPO it was 35, which is great. They said I didn't need to worry about it dropping and they didn't check it when they checked my hcg again at 16 DPO. But I'm still concerned. I think I'm done temping. I just can't handle this. I feeling confident yesterday and today I am a basketcase.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!

#4 of 5 Old 03-31-2010, 06:45 PM

Its tough, mama. I know.

Its hard to be optimistic... I don't know about having a loss that early, so I don't know if you will feel better after this weekend. I know I feel a ton better once I hit 14 weeks... I didnt even see my midwife until 15 weeks because that required me flying down to NC and I didnt want to make the trip after a loss and have the weekend with DF just remind me of the baby we lost... it made it so much better to have him there holding my hand when the midwife used the doppler and found babys heartbeat right away.

So... I assume it is the same for an earlier one and once you pass your date you breathe a sigh of relief... but I would also not be too shocked if you dont until after the miscarriage risk drop around 12 weeks/when you finally hear the heartbeat on doppler.

One thing I had to do during that time was to focus on every little symptom and not focus on if they disappeared for some time. Days I didn't have morning sickness I would focus on my breast tenderness... or the fact that I felt like passing out by 8pm (and I am a night person)

Its tough, but thank goodness you only have a couple months of the first trimester between finding out you are pregnant and hitting the point when miscarriage risk drops to 1-3%... after all the first 2 weeks you arent even pregnant and the second 2 weeks you dont know for sure that theres a little person growing in there...

that leaves you with only 8 weeks to hit the 12 week mark, rather than than the full 12 weeks.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 5 Old 03-31-2010, 09:27 PM

Our daughter (second child, one son older and one son younger than her) was stillborn so I'm well acquainted with the fear accompanying a subsequent pregnancy. I even asked my husband today to make sure that I was nervous from day 1 with our first rainbow baby because I was afraid of it being my intuition (which is all but shot anyway) telling me something bad was going to happen.

I actually stopped temping (got a + at 8 dpo and several since) yesterday at 10 dpo because the fear of a drop was waking me up. I had my hcg and progesterone levels checked yesterday and they're good so I'm trying to be calm about things until my first u/s on April 20th (which couldn't come fast enough).

(((HUGS))) It's scary!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page