AF type cramps??? - Mothering Forums

#1 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 05:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 5 weeks and have had my hcg levels tested and they are going up just as they should, but I keep getting AF type cramps and it makes me very nervous. Is anyone else experiencing this or has experienced this in early pregnancy?

Finally pregnant with #1 after 4 long years!!! 34 and married to my awesome DH 33
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've had a few here and there. They definitely make me nervous, but I've read that they are normal. But that doesn't stop me from worrying about them.

Lori ~ wife to DH 5 yrs ~ DS born naturally 11.20.10!
#3 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 06:49 PM

I have been having cramps since last week (I'm 4 weeks, 2 days). I had tons of cramps with my first daughter. I generally felt like I had my period for a good portion of my pregnancy. I was crazy thinking I was going to lose my daughter. It was so nerve racking! I joked that pregnant women dont really have to pee more, were just going to the bathroom to make sure the little one is still okay constantly.

This time, Im just letting the cramps do what the will and I refuse to stress like last time about it! Congrats ladies!!!!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We

#4 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 07:20 PM

yeah your uterus needs to strech and your muscles are doing all kinds of crazy things in there to make room even for a tinty tiny dot.

I dont have too much cramping this time around, but with dd i had a lot, i even spotted a bit. I was sure i have a uti for several week kept going in to get tested and being amazed that i did not have one. I went in for many ultrasounds, hcg's etc went to the er once sure i am about to miscarry bad cramps and some spotting, we ended up seeing the heartbeat and everything was just fine.

I think its normal, just your body doing what it should. maybe you are more sensitive
#5 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 07:21 PM

I also had cramps from about 10DPO all the way up until 5 weeks. Which I guess is just 21DPO, right? But now that I'm past that point the cramps have gone away. My last pregnancy was like this too.
#6 of 11 Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 PM

Yep, AF-like cramps, that's me! From 12 DPO, and they've gotten worse, but not overwhelming. I keep expecting to have to put a pad in, but AF is staying away! I mentioned it at my appointment yesterday, and the nurse practitioner didn't even flinch. She said it's perfectly normal. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

One curly engineer + One curly accountant = One curly preschooler (12/2010). Next up: 9/2014. Hoping this one sleeps, cause the first one didn't.
#7 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 02:40 PM

oh man, my cramps are coming and going and sometimes super painful! DH is so worried, but I keep telling him its okay! Geez, he's more anxious than me!

Lauren , DH , DD 02/2007 and expecting #2 (12/7/10)! We
#8 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 02:42 PM
rad

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Very common. I've been having alot of them. I was sure AF was on her way for a couple days before I tested.

Rachel , wifey to best friend Karl ,
SAHM to Kaelan (11) Chandra (9) Liam (7) Lachlan (5) Killian (4),Riordan (1), Baby Boy EDD 11/14. All born at home!

#9 of 11 Old 04-02-2010, 03:31 PM

Yup, totally normal. Mine this time are pretty "low level" cramps so far and I think honestly a lot of it is more from being so darned constipated (never too early for that pg symptom i guess!) and the general feeling of "fullness". But as PPs said, your uterus and all the surrounding tissues and muscles need to shift and stretch and do their thing. I would think even more so with #1 since it's a new thing to your body.

I too had cramping and *bleeding*, not just spotting, with DD starting around 6 weeks till about 10. Won't go into the whole story but suffice to say she was a very healthy full term pg. Turns out it's a lot more common than we're often lead to believe, cramping and spotting. Not to say that if your intuition is going off, you shouldn't get it checked out....But most healthy pregnancies have some.

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

#10 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 06:40 PM

Not AF like cramps - but a weird pressure sensation in my pelvis/maybe cervix??? I don't know - deep down.

My brother arrives tonight for a 3 week visit (his first time seeing my home) and I have been fiendishly working in the garden to get it pretty (and now it mostly is - it's just a question of how long it will stay that way with a toddler who loves picking flowers) I called DH to finish the raking as it was quite uncomfortable. Now that I am sitting I feel fine.

Megan, mama to her little boy (Feb2008) and introducing our little girl (Dec 2010)
#11 of 11 Old 04-03-2010, 06:48 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I've had a little bit of crampiness, but what surprises me most is that I'm having round ligament issues already! I don't know if this is because it's baby number five or because of the two recent losses so things are still kind of loosey goosey down there, LOL!

Flowers, fairies, gardens, and rainbows--
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 10 weeks of crafts, handwork, painting, coloring, circle time, fairy tales, and more!
Check out the
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
for family fun, homeschooling, books, simple living, and 6 fabulous children, including twin toddlers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page