Effect of pregnant breastmilk on nursling's poop - Mothering Forums

#1 of 3 Old 04-02-2010, 02:42 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is a strange question. My son just turned two and he has always been an infrequent pooper. Once every 8 days back in his exclusively breastfed days, and until very recently, once every other day.

Ever since the moment that I got pregnant, he's been pooping 2 or 3 times per day. Coincidence? Has anyone else experienced this? I'm getting sick of the poopy (cloth) diapers.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 3 Old 04-02-2010, 03:37 PM

Hummm...interesting. Now that you mention it, seems like DD has been awfully runny and more frequent this past week or so. I was chalking it up to normal toddler diet fluctuation. But I suppose it's possible that hormones in milk could play a part. Anyone actually know something?

(And LOL about the poopy CDs - we've been (guiltily) using 'sposies for the past several days cause I just couldn't take it and needed a break!)

Megan, wife to K, mama to C lady.gif (9/07), brokenheart.gif(4/10) brokenheart.gif(11/10)

And our rainbow is here! E babyboy.gif 10/11

#3 of 3 Old 04-02-2010, 06:13 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to hear I'm not the only one. I don't remember this with DD, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen. I hope it's transient. I'm really really sick of him walking up to me multiple times per day, often when I've forgotten to put in a paper liner, and saying "poot!" I'm just not used to this.

Sarah, mother to Eloïse (5/2005), Lucas (3/2008) and Ilias (7/2011), and due with #4 (March 1, 2014)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page