Wait! Wait! What happened to the 2nd trimester energy surge?! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 07:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was blaming it on heat.... but today it is cool. So where is my energy??

I went to Costco today for just a couple items, and I come home and I feel like I need a nap! I have rarely been able to nap though.... and sleeping at night has not been wonderful either... I counted 7 times I was out of bed last night between midnight and 5am. Then I did the half sleep thing until 9am before I crawled out of bed feeling just about as rested as I had when I climbed in.

And with the tiredness comes sobbing on the phone to your husband, crabbiness with the kids, getting mad at the gas station and driving off before filling your tank, and annoyance at the dog for not sleeping in her new bed. All in about a span of an hour. PLEASE tell me I am not the only one still feeling like dirt?

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 07:51 PM

You are definitely not the only one.

He who can no longer pause to wonder and stand rapt in awe is as good as dead; his eyes are closed.  ~Albert Einstein
#3 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 08:14 PM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
So sorry you aren't feeling well today. Pregnancy is just plain hard. I personally think the 2nd tri energy surge is just a myth. This is my second 2nd tri, and I have yet to feel an energy surge. But then again, I am still nauseous and miserable.

Cristina, Mama to Michael , Nathan , and an angel.
Go with your gut, follow your heart.

#4 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 08:50 PM

Yeah, not happening over here either. Some days are every bit as bad or worse than the first trimester, right down to the nausea and the MUST SLEEP RIGHT NOW exhaustion. Everyone cheerfully swore that I'd feel better when I hit the second trimester, but I'm 20 weeks now and I still feel like something the cat dragged in.
#5 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Count me in as still being tired! I know with my son, I didn't get that famed energy surge either but it was a tad easier to deal with then since I had no little ones yet. Now I definitely get short tempered with my toddler because I'm always tired. Nap time was a disaster today due in part to my lack of patience.

Mama to Blake, 6, and Grant, 4

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#6 of 15 Old 08-18-2010, 09:08 PM

I haven't felt much of a surge, either. I wasn't completely knocked off my feet in the first trimester, like many are, but I find myself napping most days these days. It may be the heat, but I'm exhausted most days, even if I've barely been outside.
#7 of 15 Old 08-19-2010, 11:46 AM

Definitely no energy surge here either and definitely no libido surge (!!). I am exhausted. When I get up in the middle of the night to pee (several times) I can't fall back asleep. I so wish I could have coffee, and I would in a heartbeat except that while my brain wants it, my body is still repulsed by it (I can barely stand to smell it). Ah, joys of pregnancy...
#8 of 15 Old 08-19-2010, 04:08 PM

Seriously glad I'm not the only one...it's depressing!!

~~Angie~~
mom to Alona 12, Olivia 8, Ivy 3 , angel3.gif1/19/09 & Natalia Quinn 1.10.11
#9 of 15 Old 08-19-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carriemama View Post
Definitely no energy surge here either and definitely no libido surge (!!).
Libido? I must find my dictionary...

Seriously though, at the end of the day I'm like "I'm going to sit here with my book. Please feel free to sit next to me but don't talk to me and don't touch me." I feel bad because I want to WANT to do stuff...but I just can't.

Coffee helps...but I like it strong brewed and I'm not comfy doing it everyday. Plus, I crash after 5 hours (like clockwork...been like that since high school) so it really makes things worse in the end.

Kas (24), Helpmeet to Stefan (25), Mom to Franklin Gaudelio 4/15/09, Jonathan Boswell 1/2/11
#10 of 15 Old 08-19-2010, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

I fell asleep last night at 10pm and could not crawl out of bed until 10am with a horrid headache.

What the heck am I going to do when school starts and I don't have my 14 yr old to help with the little ones so I can sleep?

Heather: Mama to my amazing boys A-14.5, C-13, & M-5.5, and my sweet girl S-2.5 and introducing our little surprise Liam Michael, born 12/28!
#11 of 15 Old 08-19-2010, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thtr4me View Post
So sorry you aren't feeling well today. Pregnancy is just plain hard. I personally think the 2nd tri energy surge is just a myth. This is my second 2nd tri, and I have yet to feel an energy surge. But then again, I am still nauseous and miserable.
Yeah that! This is my fourth and I also think it's a myth...an still feel terrible. In the second tri I generally get more ideas that require energy, but lack they actual energy to implement them. Oh well, there's always retirement.

Susan~Mama to Atticus (2003), Creeley (2005), Townsyn (2007) and a fourth boy on the way in 2011!
#12 of 15 Old 08-19-2010, 05:46 PM

Hahaha...I tell DH all the time that I am going downstairs to read and he can come sit with me if he wants. It is one of the only ways I can destress after spending all day with a 2 yo who doesn't nap anymore.

Mommy to DS 8/2007 and DS 1/2011
#13 of 15 Old 08-19-2010, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamas2atti View Post
Yeah that! This is my fourth and I also think it's a myth...an still feel terrible. In the second tri I generally get more ideas that require energy, but lack they actual energy to implement them. Oh well, there's always retirement.
This is NOT my fourth but I totally agree with the coming up with more ideas of what to do but lack of energy for actually doing it!

Big momma
#14 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I seemed to have missed the memo about second trimester energy spurt as well...

I pray for the day Family Court recognizes that CHILDREN have rights, parents only have PRIVILEGES.  Only then, will I know my child is safe.
#15 of 15 Old 08-21-2010, 03:20 PM

mine is odd, I go a few days feeling normal, and then a few days actually falling asleep while my daughter is playing. I don't get it. And libidio - yeah, I get interest at like 3 am, what??? But during normal hours, I don't want DH near me. And sudden surges of morning sickness tire me out and make me feel unattractive. I have never felt a surge, I think it's more like a "yeah I don't feel totally crappy everyday"

Mommy to 2 beautiful girls dust.gif4/07 and babyf.gif1/11

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page