Just got positive test but SO says he's infertile! - Mothering Forums

#1 of 10 Old 07-03-2010, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm a week late and took a digital EPT test today and it says pregnant! Problem is that my boyfriend is infertile... or so we thought. He's 46 and never gotten anyone pregnant. He was TTC with his last girlfriend and went for fertility tests and was told it would be basically impossible. He's said several times that if I ever got pregnant it would only be because I was cheating. I'm terrified he won't believe me and will break up with me! I haven't slept with anyone else in a year and we've been dating for 5 months.

I'm 32 and have 4 other children and was determined not to get pregnant again. I'm separated from but still married to my childrens' father. I have no idea what I'm going to do!!!

It was stupid, stupid, stupid to not use birth control. I started the pill when we first got together but quit it after constant breakthrough bleeding.

I created a new account for this post because I don't want my ex to read this and know what's going on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 07-03-2010, 05:41 PM

Oh goodness..I'm sorry things are so stressful. I wish they could test for DNA in utero..but unfortunately you'll have to wait to "prove" it to him until after the baby is born. I hope he surprises you and believes you. (((hugs)))

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#3 of 10 Old 07-03-2010, 10:00 PM - Thread Starter

I told him and he actually took it well. He didn't quite believe it and had me take another test (+) but he knows I haven't cheated. Now we just have to decide what to do. He's leaving it up to me.

He's always said he's too old to want kids now and likes his life fine how it is, but he seems happy and was making jokes rubbing my belly and stuff. I'll have to talk with him more. It was hard to talk today because my kids were there.

#4 of 10 Old 07-03-2010, 10:05 PM

Hopefully, he understands now that infertile does not mean unable to get pregnant but rather very difficult to get pregnant!

A man with a very low sperm count/motility could be classified as infertile... but it only takes one healthy little swimmer to make a baby... low sperm count/motility/morphology just means that theres a lot less chances with every baby dance to actually make a baby.

Artist, photographer, stay-at-home-mom and Marine wife. Mom to 4; a boy and three little girls.
#5 of 10 Old 07-03-2010, 10:17 PM

Wow! Looks like your partner is taking it well and I hope it'll stay that way.

Congrats.

I heartbeat.gif my  9/22/02  dd who likes to blahblah.gif, 4/29/09 mos old. silly & adventurous girl twins twins.gif ,  11/15/l0 girl baby.gif & my coffee drinking DH!
#6 of 10 Old 07-04-2010, 02:30 PM

It changes your life for the better even if you think you never wanted it...you fall in love the moment your child is born. And his belly comment is a good sign

Christian SAHM & birth doula.
#7 of 10 Old 07-04-2010, 06:29 PM

Hopefully this will be a wakeup call for him. I don't like that he said if you got pregnant it would be because you cheated, but maybe he is changing. Hang in there - hope he stays positive.
#8 of 10 Old 07-04-2010, 06:49 PM

Wow, all I can think is what a miracle this baby is for you both. Think of the odds that that little swimmer swam against?
Blessings on you both! Praying that everything starts to look a bit more positive for you all.

Hanna :, Wife to Chris. Mama to : Gracie (6/05), : Annie (1/07) and : Cole 7/25/09 Expecting #4 in March 10
#9 of 10 Old 07-05-2010, 09:52 AM

I'm glad the conversation went well, considering!! He will probably get more and more excited as time goes on. I for one believe children are blessings...so I say a Congratulations is in order!!

Wife to a wonderful husband and mom to 6 beautiful children. Also to one sweet angel, who we will always keep in our hearts 10/2012

#10 of 10 Old 07-06-2010, 12:29 AM

[QUOTE=Grayson's Mom;15588175]Wow, all I can think is what a miracle this baby is for you both. Think of the odds that that little swimmer swam against? QUOTE]

I agree. For all the problems that he's had with "infertility" it really is a miracle you got pregnant. And as long as you think he'd be a good dad to your baby then I say you got pregnant for a reason. ;-) I firmly believe everything happens for a reason... but that's just me. Hope you find some peace with whatever decision you come to.

Wife to John, Mom to Melanie (1/08), Deklan (5/09) and stork-suprise.gif due April 11, 2011 h20homebirth.gif vbac.gif & just started cd.gif

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page