November Chat - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

#61 of 155 Old 11-10-2010, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I had my appt with my m/w today. B/p is still low but not too bad. The baby's h/b was in the 140's. love.gif: i gained alot, imo but still within reason for this time of my pgcy. In total 12lbs since i find out i was pg. I'm hoping to stay under 30lbs like my other pgcies. smile.gif

anterior placenta: I also have one. I can feel the baby's kicks really low on my belly and on my cervix. I also never had this with my other pgcies.

Hope everyone's week is going well.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 155 Old 11-11-2010, 09:04 AM

Katroshka, yes.  I get the kicks way at the top and bottom and sides.  And on my cervix.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#63 of 155 Old 11-11-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post

Sam (our dog) was hit by a car last night in the same area that he'd been spotted a few days ago. We happened to come up on the scene about 20 minutes later. Fortunately, the guy had stayed and had already called animal control.

Oh, I'm so sorry!  But, I'm glad you can be at peace knowing.  Our dog was lost for two days, and it was just terrible not knowing what had happened to her.  In our case, she was safe in the local pound run by the Police dept.  We didn't know our tiny little city had a pound!  But, those days of not knowing are awful.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#64 of 155 Old 11-11-2010, 03:25 PM

Had my first pre-natal appointment. heartbeat in the 140s, measuring at 23 (I'm 22 weeks) and I have my ultrasound scheduled for Monday. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#65 of 155 Old 11-11-2010, 05:01 PM

I know I've been MIA a lot lately.  I'm still honestly struggling with feeling so down and so tired a lot of the time.  Plus I've had an insane amount going on with Halloween, parent teacher conferences, and my older daughter's birthday.  Things are mostly settling down a bit now and it is so nice to have a day off in the middle of the week!  I just have to make it through tomorrow and I get to relax a bit this weekend, yay!

I'm 22 weeks, 23 on Monday.  The baby has been kicking hard enough now that my dh and both my daughters have now felt her.  We are for sure on her first name, Beatrix, but really struggling with a middle name.  I'm currently leaning toward Tzipporah, but it bums me out that a lot of people seem to kind of hate it.  Including my parents.  Oh well, our baby, our decision, right?

#66 of 155 Old 11-11-2010, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lousli View Post

I know I've been MIA a lot lately.  I'm still honestly struggling with feeling so down and so tired a lot of the time.  Plus I've had an insane amount going on with Halloween, parent teacher conferences, and my older daughter's birthday.  Things are mostly settling down a bit now and it is so nice to have a day off in the middle of the week!  I just have to make it through tomorrow and I get to relax a bit this weekend, yay!

I'm 22 weeks, 23 on Monday.  The baby has been kicking hard enough now that my dh and both my daughters have now felt her.  We are for sure on her first name, Beatrix, but really struggling with a middle name.  I'm currently leaning toward Tzipporah, but it bums me out that a lot of people seem to kind of hate it.  Including my parents.  Oh well, our baby, our decision, right?

I really like Tzipporah!  No one in our families were really crazy about my now 8 yo son's name.  But, it's grown on them.  I can't imagine him having any other name.  Actually, I didn't really care for it, either, but as I was flipping through the name book, I seemed to hear him say, "That's my name."  Who can question that?  I slept on it, told my dh, and he really liked it.  It helps that there is a comic book association. LOL  It's not something the average person would recognize, though. 

Back to the point, though, it'd be your daughter's middle name, so what's the big deal?  If you like it, go for it!

#67 of 155 Old 11-11-2010, 07:21 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post

I have an anterior placenta this time, but didn't during my first two pregnancies. For other anterior placenta mommies: Do you get kicks way at the top, way at the bottom, and way to the sides of your uterus? I think it's so strange, I remember getting them mostly in the middle of my belly before, can't even remember kicks in the places I get them now. Here are some house pics.

The first is our new kitchen looking towards the dining room. The second is the new flooring we put in, bamboo. The kitchen, hallway, and dining room all have it now, too, and there is green baseboard. The third is from the dining room, looking into the old kitchen, the week we moved in. The old kitchen was crazy, it had 3 types of cabinets, none of which were installed correctly and one wall of cabinets jutted out in front of a window. Our new kitchen is sooooo nice compared to it. We made the counter top out of bamboo, and did all the work ourselves. I'll be a little sad to leave all the pretty work we've done, but excited to start on a new project in a bigger house. Kitchen.jpg

Living room floor.jpg

Old kitchen.jpg

Awesome! I love the bamboo floor!

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#68 of 155 Old 11-11-2010, 09:13 PM

Well, we had our 20-week anatomy scan and everything looks good.  Also, it's pretty definitively a boy.  I did HOPE for a girl, but my best friend said a lovely thing about how the world needs more men like my husband, so I'm focusing on that feeling.  Because my husband is pretty great.  wink1.gif And, honestly, the part about just being glad it seems healthy is really true.  I'm grateful for the good results. I'll just have to look harder for cute clothes (I find a lot of boy clothes so unappealing and uninteresting) and hope he doesn't have terribly problematic hair (I have witnessed a lot of weird boy's haircuts).  smile.gif  Also, there's the name thing.  I had a girl's name I was almost set on, but I'm going around and around about boys' names.  I currently don't like any of them!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#69 of 155 Old 11-12-2010, 12:41 AM

with DD we'd had our boy's name picked out from like 10 weeks, but we didn't have a girl's name. found out at the ultrasound she was a girl, and didn't decide on her name until several hours after she was born. again we have our boy name picked out, but not sure on the girl name, though I do have one that I love. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#70 of 155 Old 11-12-2010, 07:16 AM

With all my pgcies, we had the boy's name but the girl's name was up in the air. We got all girls. lol This time, we also have a boy's name and no girl's name but we won't know until the birth what we will have. I keep thinking that we will keep our pattern and i need to come up with a few girl's name. smile.gif

So i'm almost 24wks and today I start taking declectin.(it's not the right smilie but can't scroll to get the right one) Fun!!! NOT!!!! I still get sudden m/s but mostly out of no where puking. I also gag and that will make me want to puke. I'm not eating healthy like i want because if i don't eat enough carbs i start not feeling well. ugh   So we, the mw and I, hope that if we have the m/s under control with the meds, that i will be able to eat healthier and then feel better. Vicious cycle, if you ask me.

Sickness has been going around here alot! I've caught 2 out of 3 of them. The only one that hasn't gotten anything yet is dd1 and dh. dd3 and I are the worse ones. greensad.gif

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#71 of 155 Old 11-12-2010, 11:11 AM

20 week anatomical scan today.  Everything looked fine.  It's a girl!

kaPOW! likes this.

Leigh, mama to Rostislav homeborn Aug 9 2007, and Oksana homeborn Feb 24 2011.
#72 of 155 Old 11-12-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Lilya View Post

20 week anatomical scan today.  Everything looked fine.  It's a girl!

i called it! what's my prize?

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#73 of 155 Old 11-12-2010, 06:39 PM

So frustrated right now... my older daughter is on a Lego Robotics team, and it's their first year. Since no one involved has done this before, I expected some bumps and whatnot, but it's been pretty much a big disaster since day one. There are two teams at the school, and for whatever reason, the one my daughter is on is full of really lazy boys (she's the only girl, there's one other on the other team) that don't want to work and are seemingly incapable of doing what needs to be done (programming the robots, research online, etc). So my daughter, who is really into it and really good at this kind of thing, has been coming home in tears because her team is behind and isn't ready to compete. Additionally, her team's coach hasn't been nearly available enough. So yesterday the computer they always do the programming on crashed, and DD found out today that it's dead, and the coach has not been backing it up at all. All her programming is gone, and tomorrow is her qualifying tournament. So she worked feverishly on it today, and tomorrow she will have two hours to work on it in the morning prior to competing, but of course it's not enough time to get where they need to be.

Sorry, vent!

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#74 of 155 Old 11-12-2010, 07:21 PM

Quote:

So frustrated right now... my older daughter is on a Lego Robotics team, and it's their first year. Since no one involved has done this before, I expected some bumps and whatnot, but it's been pretty much a big disaster since day one. There are two teams at the school, and for whatever reason, the one my daughter is on is full of really lazy boys (she's the only girl, there's one other on the other team) that don't want to work and are seemingly incapable of doing what needs to be done (programming the robots, research online, etc). So my daughter, who is really into it and really good at this kind of thing, has been coming home in tears because her team is behind and isn't ready to compete. Additionally, her team's coach hasn't been nearly available enough. So yesterday the computer they always do the programming on crashed, and DD found out today that it's dead, and the coach has not been backing it up at all. All her programming is gone, and tomorrow is her qualifying tournament. So she worked feverishly on it today, and tomorrow she will have two hours to work on it in the morning prior to competing, but of course it's not enough time to get where they need to be.

Sorry, vent!

OMG, I would be soo frustrated and be on that coach and principal back about this. UGH (((hugs))) to your dd. I hope she can get all done and qualify even if her team isn't much help.

#75 of 155 Old 11-12-2010, 08:16 PM

Quote:

Sorry, vent!

that's so frustrating! I'm sorry she's being put in that position. 

#76 of 155 Old 11-13-2010, 07:39 AM

Katroshka, that's terrible for your daughter.  It sounds like such a fun project!  I'm rooting for her.  Let us know how her qualifying goes.

I had my prenatal with my midwife yesterday.  Everything looks good.  I'm 22 weeks measuring about 28.  Took awhile, but we got both heartbeats with the fetoscope, so we didn't have to resort to the doppler.  We went over the US report that the OB sent over.  There was a little discrepancy about which baby/placenta was on which side, but I've always been able to hear where the anterior placenta is, so that was easy enough to figure out.  Babies were given two different due dates almost a week apart. LOL  I'm not surprised, since I've tracked double ovulations through my temping patterns in the past.  They usually happen 5-7 days apart.  They were 10 and 11 oz, 50 and 60% when the US was taken at 19w.  We'll have a growth scan coming up next month, which will hopefully be very quick.  Oh, and I gained 11 pounds in the last month!  jaw2.gif  That's not surprising, considering I've been eating almost twice what my 13 yo son eats.  I haven't even been craving sweets like I usually do, so at least it's good weight.  I think we'll shoot for 8 or 9 lb twins. LOL

We talked a little more about birthing at the birth center.  I think I feel most comfortable with that.  I just want to have my babies and go home.  I don't want anyone touching them.  Dh pointed out that I'd be a PITA in a hospital.  I just don't need them doing all the standard things that make it more difficult for a singleton to adjust to extrauterine life, much less twins who typically have a more difficult time anyway.  But, I'll take my list of demands to the OB next month and see what she thinks.  She doesn't really have any control over after birth stuff, but she should know what I can expect should I refuse all these procedures.  And, maybe even have a suggestion for a Ped who might help me with an early release if it is necessary for me to birth at the hospital. 

#77 of 155 Old 11-13-2010, 04:53 PM

Things have been really busy for our family lately.  DH just defended his thesis last week and passed, so that was great!  But he still has revisions to make and data to analyze.  I am just feeling so tired lately and not really feeling food--I can and will eat it, but I'm not really excited about it and don't know what to cook.  DS has also been teething like crazy!!  Five teeth coming in.  Thankfully one has finally popped through.  Four molars to go...  And I'm tired of my job.  I work from home, but it's hard doing that and watching DS at the same time.  I feel like I'm not giving him enough attention.  I am thinking more about the new babe, though, about how there's a new person in there--wondering how he'll be different, what he'll look like, what his personality will be like, remembering the newborn period.  I really want to get motivated and do some things--some days are good for this and some days not so much.  I did also take a trip to IKEA!!  And got a toy organizer for DS and a cabinet for our dining room (and a lamp and some other random stuff).  It was a really long day, but super fun!

Anywho, just feeling a bit overwhelmed and feeling limited and wondering how I'll feel two months from now!!

#78 of 155 Old 11-13-2010, 05:35 PM

Jayray, congrats on your husband's defense, I remember when my dh went through all that, so stressful and crazy. It was such a relief for it to be over, though of course then the job search began.

DD's qualifying tournament went pretty well, way better than I anticipated. She spent all day furiously coding and tweeking her programs so she could get as many of the missions complete as possible, and they ended up finishing 17th out of 30. Since it's the first year of the team, and considering all the problems they have had to work through, and the fact that it is a team of 4th and 5th graders in a tournament that has a lot of middle school kids in it, I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't good enough to qualify to continue competing, but we were pretty much expecting that from the beginning, I think the teams that do well enough to go on typically have experienced coaches and kids.

I was super proud of dd, she worked through so many issues with the boys on her team, and both her coaches told me that the team never would have gotten anywhere if it wasn't for her. Even today her team members were fighting and crying about who was going to go up and control the robot, and the coaches had to tell them "Look, you guys are goofing off, running around, and J hasn't even stopped to eat lunch, she's been working all day." So she controlled the robot in all three rounds, on stage with a camera on her, sending it to a giant screen in an auditorium. Seemed like so much pressure to me, but she was cool as a cucumber and did great. I don't think I ever would have been able to do any this as a 9 year old, it's totally amazing to me. I can't wait until next year when her little sister can be on the team, too... she's been helping with the robot design a little at some of the meetings and is already way ahead of most of the other kids working on it, they are really going to kick some butt next year!

#79 of 155 Old 11-13-2010, 06:13 PM

Way to go to your DD!  I'm sure she learned a ton from her experience.  Next year will be great. :D

#80 of 155 Old 11-13-2010, 07:24 PM

Lego Robots, how cool is that?!

It's nice to see so many great healthy baby posts, and it's exciting to hear everyone's genders.

AFM- I had a nice time a Fall get-together with some local families from a parenting group here. I have been feeling a bit ill since this afternoon. I'm hoping it's just something passing and doesn't turn into some kind of full blown sickness. sick.gif

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#81 of 155 Old 11-13-2010, 08:59 PM

Quote:

Jayray, congrats on your husband's defense, I remember when my dh went through all that, so stressful and crazy. It was such a relief for it to be over, though of course then the job search began.

DD's qualifying tournament went pretty well, way better than I anticipated. She spent all day furiously coding and tweeking her programs so she could get as many of the missions complete as possible, and they ended up finishing 17th out of 30. Since it's the first year of the team, and considering all the problems they have had to work through, and the fact that it is a team of 4th and 5th graders in a tournament that has a lot of middle school kids in it, I thought it was pretty good. It wasn't good enough to qualify to continue competing, but we were pretty much expecting that from the beginning, I think the teams that do well enough to go on typically have experienced coaches and kids.

I was super proud of dd, she worked through so many issues with the boys on her team, and both her coaches told me that the team never would have gotten anywhere if it wasn't for her. Even today her team members were fighting and crying about who was going to go up and control the robot, and the coaches had to tell them "Look, you guys are goofing off, running around, and J hasn't even stopped to eat lunch, she's been working all day." So she controlled the robot in all three rounds, on stage with a camera on her, sending it to a giant screen in an auditorium. Seemed like so much pressure to me, but she was cool as a cucumber and did great. I don't think I ever would have been able to do any this as a 9 year old, it's totally amazing to me. I can't wait until next year when her little sister can be on the team, too... she's been helping with the robot design a little at some of the meetings and is already way ahead of most of the other kids working on it, they are really going to kick some butt next year!

considering all the setbacks, 17th is great!

I'm finally caught up on dishes! I've been behind for about a month. now I just need to get caught up on the laundry and the other cleaning. 

#82 of 155 Old 11-14-2010, 05:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Sorry I haven't been around much.  I've had a very busy week, I'm still trying to process the loss of our dog (mid-pregnancy was a BAAAD time for this to happen), work was crazy last week & (to be completely honest) I'm completely freaked out by this new board format.  redface.gif

katroshka - great to hear that your daughter's competition went better than expected!

I had an appt on Monday and everything's fine.  I did get "The Talk" about my weight.  I've gained almost 20 lbs.  I just can't seem to keep it under control and make healthier choices.  And right now my schedule is so crazy that I can't find time to exercise (although I really, really need to).  *sigh*  Okay, enough excuses.....    (besides that though, everything is fine)

My placenta is anterior, which I expected.  How strange that we have so many in this DDC! 

So, now that we know the baby is a girl, we're debating hard on the name.  We're pretty set on a first name, but we're arguing about the middle name.  DP has his heart set on one, and I liked it on paper, but once I said it out loud I had second thoughts.  Oh well, we'll figure it out. 

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#83 of 155 Old 11-14-2010, 11:43 AM

That is funny that there are so many anterior placentas... I don't remember every hearing about them before.

Can't remember if I posted about our name choice... I had decided that I really wanted the first name to be Freja, but DH wasn't sure about it and wouldn't commit. Everyone I told about it loved the name and I got really set on it, so I was pretty sure DH would eventually come around, especially since he wasn't suggesting other names, I figured he was being stubborn because I wouldn't agree to the name he wanted, which I totally HATED. So DH went to Chicago to visit some college friends for a weekend, and when he called me the first night he told me I'd be happy because he "had been introducing the baby as Freja to everyone." I had just remembered a few hours before that the previous night he had referred to her as Freja and I hadn't even noticed (I guess because that's how I had already been thinking of her), and I mentioned it. He said he had called her Freja a few times and was waiting to see how long it took me to notice! I thought that was pretty funny, and I'm really happy about the name, as soon as I saw it I felt like it was the right one.

#84 of 155 Old 11-14-2010, 02:35 PM

24 hours until our ultrasound! I'm getting really excited to see if we're having a boy or a girl. I think we've settled on names either way, though I don't want to 100 percent commit until after we've met him or her. 

I'm coming down with a cold, ugh. 

#85 of 155 Old 11-14-2010, 07:06 PM

Quote:

as I was flipping through the name book, I seemed to hear him say, "That's my name."  Who can question that?  I slept on it, told my dh, and he really liked it.  It helps that there is a comic book association. LOL  It's not something the average person would recognize, though. 

Comic book character? Don't leave us hanging!!

#86 of 155 Old 11-15-2010, 10:36 AM

I have been totally MIA, but just wanted to update to say we are having a BOY!

Pregnancy has been relatively smooth, some headaches and back pain, but to be expected.

Hope all the other March mommas are doing well!

librarian mommy (34) to DD (2/08), expecting a BOY in early spring 2011
#87 of 155 Old 11-15-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

Quote:

as I was flipping through the name book, I seemed to hear him say, "That's my name."  Who can question that?  I slept on it, told my dh, and he really liked it.  It helps that there is a comic book association. LOL  It's not something the average person would recognize, though. 

Comic book character? Don't leave us hanging!!

LOL, I don't think I even remember which character it is, but it's his "secret identity" name, not his superhero one.  Actually, many of our kids could be associated with a superheroes ordinary name, but it was never intentional on my part!  

#88 of 155 Old 11-15-2010, 02:34 PM

Jessica- so sorry about your dog- I don't even want to think about explaining losses to the kids :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

Well, we had our 20-week anatomy scan and everything looks good.  Also, it's pretty definitively a boy.  I did HOPE for a girl, but my best friend said a lovely thing about how the world needs more men like my husband, so I'm focusing on that feeling.  Because my husband is pretty great.  wink1.gif

Oh how sweet to think about it that way- makes me even more excited for my little man :)  I have been kind of MIA lately too.  With my full time work being computer work I guess I just wanted a break from the computer.  Our little man is getting more and more active.  DH and I got to go on a date and he kicked through the entire movie.  We are also embarking on a possible home addition...had the appraiser come over the weekend so fingers crossed that it comes out where we want it.  DH works for a contractor so we know we are getting a smoking deal, and with rates as low as they are we are almost stupid not to make the house more suitable.  I'm so excited to have a more functional home I can hardly stand it, but I'm scared we are going to be disappointed.  I think we will be able to do something no matter what, I just hope we don't have to compromise...plus weather is starting to be predicted that might make it hard to dig...but my fingers are crossed, everything has gone great so far (they originally thought it would be 3-4 weeks for our appraisal, he came the following weekend!).  Also don't think I have shared our name choice, Reiss Lawrence.

Congrats momma's that have found out what gender they are having.

Shawna- wife to DH, mother to DD (6-2009)
****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****heartbeat.gif
#89 of 155 Old 11-15-2010, 08:39 PM

we are having a boy. DF is super excited, I can't decide how I feel about it, I was kind of hoping for two girls. he's measuring a week and a half small, but I wasn't totally sure on my dates, so I think we'll adjust my duedate by 4-7 days. and as I was suspecting, I'm in the anterior placenta club. we certainly do have a lot on this DDC. 

#90 of 155 Old 11-17-2010, 02:37 PM

Congrats on your boys, Marissamom and Neuromancer!

I love my little guy so much.  He's so different from his sister in so many ways.  I love having him around.  He's energetic and wild, and his clothes aren't as cute, but he is a sweet, cuddly little human.

I've been reading but not posting.  I'm 23w today.  OB's office just called to reschedule my appointment, so it will be 6 weeks in between appointments!  I know I need to do the GTT.  I'm so tired and I spend a lot of time feeling like poop.  I passed the 1-hour at 12 weeks, but I will likely take it again in 3 weeks.  We eat pretty healthy, but I do like my ice cream!

Baby had been breech the whole time, until I mentioned to DH 2 nights ago that I really liked being able to breathe and not feeling her pushing on my ribs.  Of course, she flipped head-down overnight.  I have the anterior placenta, too, so now the little kicks and tickles I was feeling on the sides are gone.  :( 

I think we've figured out a name.  DD came up with it, actually.

Our health insurance is going up for next year, and since I still had some previa at the last appointment, I decided to forego a doula.  DH and I kind of had a fight about it.  I don't see any reason to spend what is a horrible amount of money for us on a doula at this point, even if I do a trial of labor.  I've already had 2 c-sections so I don't care that much.  But DH doesn't want to be a "birth partner".  He has said that over and over, but all of the sudden started questioning me on my plans, etc.  He doesn't think I could have a baby without epidural, etc., despite the fact I made it through 24 hours of pitocin labor with DD, to the point where I was vomiting and having diarrhea - transition they called it -, water had been broken for hours, only to find I was still at 3cm and had a fever, baby had tachycardia.  With no support at all from him.

So, we had a fight about it.  We don't usually fight, but I feel like if he just wants to destroy my confidence, he can go jump.  I know I can do it if everything else is ok.  F the naysayers!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page