November Chat - Mothering Forums

#1 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 09:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Hello ladies! How about a new chat thread for this month?

We have a midwife appt today. We should get our ultrasound results. DH also has to get his blood typed so I hopefully won't have to get the Rhogam shot. Keep your fingers crossed for his blood type!!

Adrienne - Loving my DH, our daughter Harper 
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(3/2011), our son Ezra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
(4/2013), and maybe a baby?? 
(Jan 2016)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 11:13 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Good luck!

22 weeks now and all is well. Pretty much set for baby boy's arrival and I started with NOTHING. Right now I'm obsessed with remodeling the kitchen and then it will be the kid's bath. I just know we always accomplish so much during a pg and not much gets done after baby.

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#3 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 12:46 PM

Two more days until our 20 weeks ultrasound. I can't believe have strangely neutral I feel. I think, more so than the other 2, learning the gender will make it feel more real (at least I hope so!).

DP & I stayed up WAY too late last night debating about what girl name we want. I thought we had it figured out, but Jason started having second thoughts. Then he thought of a REALLY off the wall name, I talked him down & then we started discussing other names. We've got a couple solid possibilities...maybe we should wait until Thursday to see if we even NEED to pick a girl name.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#4 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 03:07 PM

Ugh. We haven't even started talking about names yet. A friend brought over a bunch of baby clothes the other day (many of them that I handed down to her babies!) so I'm feeling pretty prepared as far as baby supplies go. I have cloth diapers still from DD... what else do I need? Got the "boo-boos", clothes, diapers. I think we're set. I am hoping to build a little co-sleeper/sidecar for our bed, but that will have to wait until we get the bedrooms remodeled (which will hopefully be in the next couple months!!)

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#5 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 03:18 PM

Thanks Adrienne! I hope DH is - (are you negative?).

I'm so impressed with how ready you all are! I'm a little superstitious, I guess. We never really get anything for the baby until after or maybe a week or so before.

I had my 20w u/s last week, and I still had partial placenta previa. It didn't occur to me to ask if I can exercise again or if DH and I are free to DTD. And, I guess, it didn't occur to the OB to tell me!

So I just emailed my regular ob to ask. I hope she emails back fast. I don't really want to keep paying for the Y if I can't go.

I really wanted this to be a fit pregnancy, so I'm kind of bummed I haven't really been able to work out. Oh well. There are worse things.
#6 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 04:45 PM

I can't believe we're at, nearing, or past the halfway point. Today I am 22 weeks pregnant.

The babe was measuring 6 days small at the last ultrasound and my midwife started to act a little nervous until I reminded her that the babe was 6 days small at the viability scan as well. And since my uterus is measuring ahead, I'm not worried. I think my little one is just a week or so younger than we thought. At the next appointment I might ask about changing due dates, but I'm not too worried about it honestly.

We might have even settled on a name: Amelia Mercy. DD1 is Adelaide Muse, and I think having an Addie and an Amie sounds cute. DH is a grad student (creative writing - poetry) and DD1 was due right when his program started, so we knew his poems would all be about her. She was his muse. And we'd like both the girls to have DH's initials (a little cheesy, I know). Last time we couldn't imagine committing to a name before we'd met the babe but this time we just can't imagine any other name.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#7 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 07:04 PM

I'll be having my 20 week midwife appt next week and it occured to me that i might want to have the u/s before the appt so that we could talk about the results on monday. So, midwife is going to try to set one up for this wed or fri!!!! if it looks good, this may be the only one we get, so now is the time for me to change my mind about finding out the sex.... i think i'll go for the surprise.

Also, i really want to make up a name for this baby, which is a lot harder than i'd expected. i've got one girl name, but i'm having real problems coming up with a boy name without adding the masculine "o" to the end of the name. i don't want two boys that end in "o". i'm also not that happy that the girl name that i made ends in an "ah" sound. it's weird that the names i'm coming up with are so gender-specific. you'd think that coming up with my own would free me of that.

haven't even broached the subject with dh though.

good luck virginia!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post
I really wanted this to be a fit pregnancy, so I'm kind of bummed I haven't really been able to work out. Oh well. There are worse things.
maybe you'll be able to pick it back up. i'm so glad to hear that things are going well

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post

We might have even settled on a name: Amelia Mercy. DD1 is Adelaide Muse, and I think having an Addie and an Amie sounds cute.
both are very pretty!!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#8 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 07:52 PM

Howdy everyone!

My ultrasound is next week as well and we do plan to find out the sex. I am happy cause DD gets to come with us since I switched to a different/smaller MW office. They have someone onsite instead of me having to go to the big radiology clinic where they only allow 1 person and no kids to come with. This person also did not give me any really strict water drinking guidelines "just try to show up having to pee - but don't torture yourself"... something like that.

I too have the house organize bug. We are in a small townhome and just got a bunch of stuff from Ikea to help re-organize/make it work with 2 kids without me going crazy!

I think I need to remember I am pregnant cause after starting on this project this weekend + Halloween and a work in-service day yesterday I have been TIRED all day today and crabby. Must remember to take a break more I think.

The house is currently in the mid-organizing total chaos stage and I just want to get it all done but it will take awhile and we both work and when DD is around it is pretty hard to go through her toys and re-organize them. So I am thinking we have many weeks of major mess before it is how I want. I am just glad I started early.

When I was pregnant with DD our office had piles of boxes and other crap that I planned to go through the couple days before she was due (I was off of work then as the semester had just ended)... well... my water broke 3am the day I planned to start that project and it took TWO YEARS until we finally went through all those boxes -

Hope you all had Happy Halloweens and your bellies are happily growing!

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.
#9 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 08:04 PM

I finally scheduled my first prenatal appointment. I figure i might want to start sometime, and I don't want it to be too late before I have a U/S since I'm already 21ish weeks.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#10 of 155 Old 11-02-2010, 09:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
DP & I stayed up WAY too late last night debating about what girl name we want. I thought we had it figured out, but Jason started having second thoughts. Then he thought of a REALLY off the wall name, I talked him down & then we started discussing other names. We've got a couple solid possibilities...maybe we should wait until Thursday to see if we even NEED to pick a girl name.
Care to share??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyss View Post
Thanks Adrienne! I hope DH is - (are you negative?).

I am A-. DH needed to be negative, too, or I'd have to get the Rhogam shot. Turns out he's B- so I don't have to get the shots, saving us $$$ and one less 'procedure' to go through.

I hope that your OB clears you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
We might have even settled on a name: Amelia Mercy. DD1 is Adelaide Muse, and I think having an Addie and an Amie sounds cute. DH is a grad student (creative writing - poetry) and DD1 was due right when his program started, so we knew his poems would all be about her. She was his muse. And we'd like both the girls to have DH's initials (a little cheesy, I know). Last time we couldn't imagine committing to a name before we'd met the babe but this time we just can't imagine any other name.
Those are both beautiful names. I love Adelaide, but DH isn't sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post
Also, i really want to make up a name for this baby, which is a lot harder than i'd expected. i've got one girl name, but i'm having real problems coming up with a boy name without adding the masculine "o" to the end of the name. i don't want two boys that end in "o". i'm also not that happy that the girl name that i made ends in an "ah" sound. it's weird that the names i'm coming up with are so gender-specific. you'd think that coming up with my own would free me of that.
Care to share??

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcregan View Post
I too have the house organize bug. We are in a small townhome and just got a bunch of stuff from Ikea to help re-organize/make it work with 2 kids without me going crazy!
I have so many ideas about what I want to get done at the house, but not enough time and energy to do it all. Good luck to you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post
I finally scheduled my first prenatal appointment. I figure i might want to start sometime, and I don't want it to be too late before I have a U/S since I'm already 21ish weeks.
Good luck at your appt!

Adrienne - Loving my DH, our daughter Harper 
(3/2011), our son Ezra
(4/2013), and maybe a baby?? 
(Jan 2016)
#11 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 12:05 AM

The baby started kicking hard enough today that I had my daughters come feel, they were so excited. DH had already felt, but it had been faint enough that he was having trouble feeling most of them, so I hadn't bothered to have the girls try. Today she really started giving good hard kicks that I could see moving my belly. So fun!

We've been getting Santa Ana winds here and it's been soooo hot, in the high 80s, it really sucks. Most of the time I am ok with it, but at the bus stop at my school there is no shade, no breeze, and lots of concrete/ pavement that makes it blindingly bright and really uncomfortable. I dread the daily wait there so much. On the rest of campus we get ocean breezes and lots of shade and it feels fine, but that one spot is just awful. I can't wait for it to cool off at the end of the week!

Did anyone else watch "Walking Dead" on Halloween? We don't have a TV but found it online since it looked so good, and we really liked it. Pretty unnerving though, not something to watch right before bed as it got our adrenaline going!

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#12 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 12:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post
...it's been soooo hot, in the high 80s, it really sucks.

Did anyone else watch "Walking Dead" on Halloween? We don't have a TV but found it online since it looked so good, and we really liked it. Pretty unnerving though, not something to watch right before bed as it got our adrenaline going!
Lucky! It's supposed to get down to 23 degrees here tonight. I shiver everytime I have to go in the kitchen at night! I wish it were in the 80's!

We have it on the computer as well, but dh has been to busy with school work at night to watch yet.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#13 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 12:35 AM

Yikes to both of you!! I wouldn't want 80's OR 20's. Although I'm not loving our rainy, chilly fall here in Seattle, I do like the milder temps here overall.

#14 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katroshka View Post
where is it online? DF has been so excited for it, but we haven't watched it yet.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#15 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 09:03 AM

Hi, everybody! I´ve been missing for a little while because I´m on vacation in Barcelona. I thought I´d check in and read a few posts during a little down time.

I´m just past 19 weeks now, and yesterday felt what seemed like real -- though small -- kicks. My husband even managed to feel one, too.

I got sick on the plane ride here, but don´t know if it was my first time throwing up from pregnancy (until now, I´ve only dealt with nausea and a little toothbrushing gagging), airsickness (it wasn´t during turbulence), nerves (I was pretty worked up about the trip), or some combination. I couldn´t eat much for the first day and a half I was here, but I´m much recovered.

I don´t know if I´ll ever fully adjust to the time difference, and I´m so tired of walking all over, but we´re having a good time. Most of me can´t wait to come home, though. I also hate that gap in the middle of the afternoon during which all the good restaurants close. I don´t want to wait until 8pm to eat real food, and I´m tired of sandwiches at crummy little shops. Still, I´m in Barcelona and my husband´s art opening should be fun. I´m heading over to the gallery now. Be well, everyone!

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#16 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 12:44 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Neuromancer- I am so jealous! Take a nap like everyone else in Spain during the afternoon!

Marissamom- Check HULU maybe. Dh does all that stuff for us. Though at this point you may be able to watch it on AMC.

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#17 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 02:29 PM

Thanks for reminding me about the Walking Dead. It's actually not something I'd normally be interested in, but a good bit of it was fimed around my house and work. After seeing the zombies standing around on the street, I need to see how it all turned out!

Things are good here. I drank some coffee and baby was kicking me LOW (like, stomping on my cervix).

BTW, DD suggested last night that we name the baby Xylophone, or more specifically Zylophone so it can begin with a Z. I told her we'd consider it.

---Jessica---Livin' my life from A Peace.gif(1/05 ) to Z  jammin.gif(4/08 ).....and z babyf.gif(3/11)

#18 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Hi Everyone! I haven't been on much but want to try to keep up if I can.

I'm 23 weeks now and feeling good. This baby boy moves a lot already! Its amazing how much earlier I am showing and feeling the baby since this is #2.

We havne't been talking about names that much yet, but I'm getting the itch now.

I'll check back in soon - hope all is well!

Married to my best friend
Mama to DS1 4/2009, DS2 3/2011, and DS3 12/22/2014 and two
Remembering
3/2008
#19 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 05:34 PM

We had our ultrasound last week and found out we are having a little boy. We thought we had a name all picked out, but my mother mentioned that when you put the first and last name together that it could easily be misheard and sound like "Welfare". Now kids can be cruel and it isn't a far jump to get there. So...it looks like we are now trying to find a new first name. We are keeping the names we had, but using them for a double middle name. Both names are family names to honor family members and we don't want to "lose" either one.

So any one have any ideas what would go well with a _____ William Allan?

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#20 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_Bookwyrm View Post
Well, I'm not using Xylophone...so that's free.

Do you want to stay with a strong classic name? I feel like you could find A LOT to go with those names...it's just a matter of finding what you like. Not sure why, but the name Frederick popped into my head when I read your post.

#21 of 155 Old 11-03-2010, 05:59 PM

william makes a great middle name for that last name!!!

Ryan William Allen came to mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_Bookwyrm View Post
We had our ultrasound last week and found out we are having a little boy. We thought we had a name all picked out, but my mother mentioned that when you put the first and last name together that it could easily be misheard and sound like "Welfare". Now kids can be cruel and it isn't a far jump to get there. So...it looks like we are now trying to find a new first name. We are keeping the names we had, but using them for a double middle name. Both names are family names to honor family members and we don't want to "lose" either one.

#22 of 155 Old 11-04-2010, 12:52 AM

Whenever I am looking to stream a show I just google: watch walking dead online, or whatever it is I am looking for. www.watch-series.com usually has the best selection, at the top of the page there are various tabs, click series, then the letter it begins with. It's actually The Walking Dead, so it's under T. Then usually I click on View All Links and it expands, and I look for links from either Megavideo or loombo, they are fairly reliable.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#23 of 155 Old 11-04-2010, 02:03 PM

Hello to all. I haven't been on in a really long time, but I am feeling soo much better, and I'm glad everyone seems to be feeling better as well. I've been feeling baby kicking soo much, but still can't feel much from the outside yet. I'm 19 weeks and 3 days today.

I had my ultrasound last week and it looks like another girl! Dh was hoping for a boy but he is still happy too. Got a little scare on tuesday though, the doc called me in and I knew it was about the ultrasound. She said baby has a choroid plexus cyst and there is a very small chance it could mean trisomy 18. but everything else looks good and I'm 25 so chances are it is nothing. Still can't sleep very well and a little freaked, but it sounds like baby will be fine. I had a blood test to see if I'm high risk or low risk and then I go to a specialist for another ultrasound. The chance is like .003 or something like that, but I don't like chances! i am just praying all is well.

I hope everyone else has a good week enjoying the baby bumps and all!

Wife to DH mom to DD(09-05) and DD(03/27).joy.gif

#24 of 155 Old 11-05-2010, 01:13 PM

Quiero, I got the same call after my ultrasound, but after reading up a bit on chiroid cysts and Trisomy, Trisomy 18 is pretty much an impossibility. Don't let it freak you out. There's a bigger chance of your anxiety impacting the baby than of there being anything actually wrong!

I have been diagnosed with gestational diabetes and have spent the last two weeks learning my new diet and doing blood tests 4 times a day. I have also started having a crazy pelvic pain when I stand up and sometimes when I walk. It is especially bad when sleeping and trying to roll over. My doctor thinks it is a strain, but I am worried this is going to last... On the positive side, I have been feeling more kicks in the last few days, and baby seems to be responding to loud voices and noises now!
#25 of 155 Old 11-05-2010, 02:08 PM

big day today! first day volunteering at my kid's school AND i'm pulling him out early so that we can all go to my u/s appt!! i sure hope they let kids in, he'll be really sad if he doesn't get to see. also hoping they don't spill the beans about the sex!!!

#26 of 155 Old 11-05-2010, 03:04 PM

I finally heard the heartbeat - this morning in bed with my fetoscope!!!!

#27 of 155 Old 11-05-2010, 04:25 PM

We had our 20 week U/S yesterday and found out that we're having a GIRL
It was funny because neither of us had a feeling one way or the other, but we were both sort of surprised when the tech said "Girl". Everything else looks good. My placenta is anterior, which I sort of figured anyway. She was SO calm during the ultrasound, which is the polar opposite of how DS was during the U/S.

However, as we were walking out of the office, DP's cousin called and said that our dog had run away. He's NEVER left our yard (no fence, he just stays around), but Paul says that when he opened the door, Sam just bolted out and ran into the woods. We got a call last night that someone had seen him in our sub-division (I had the HOA send an email out), and then DP saw him briefly before he ran back into the woods. UGH, I hope he turns up today. We're all upset, but DD is devestated.

#28 of 155 Old 11-05-2010, 09:34 PM

had my u/s too and managed to keep it a surprise, woo! everything looked good

Quote:
Originally Posted by milosmomma View Post
We had our 20 week U/S yesterday and found out that we're having a GIRL
. UGH, I hope he turns up today. We're all upset, but DD is devestated.
Yay!! and, dang that is sad. i'm sure he'll come back

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post
I finally heard the heartbeat - this morning in bed with my fetoscope!!!!

yay!!!

#29 of 155 Old 11-06-2010, 02:46 PM

quiero & PDX, sorry it hasn't been 100% smooth sailing, but so glad everything is working out ok.

Yay, changingseasons, for heartbeat!

Yay, Milosmomma, for a girl! That reminds me I need to indulge my girl I already have - I think we'll do some nail paintin' today.

Sara, I'm so glad everything looks good. Isn't it lovely to watch?

I've gone completely around the bend and find myself really looking forward to the new baby despite all the financial and other reasons we were done having kids. I'm pretty excited. WE're kind of superstitious, I guess, and we never really buy anything for the baby until right before it's born or right after. I just don't feel comfortable buying things, even when we had money, before I meet the baby. Is that weird? I wonder if that's because my first pregnancy ended in traumatic m/c that dragged on for months. So even though we're 21+ weeks, I tend to avert my eyes from all things baby.

It's been SUPER hot here the last few days, and the kids and I got to go to the beach after school a couple times. I got a great workout carrying all their stuff around in the sand.

Despite my anterior placenta, I'm feeling more and more movement. This kid is pretty strong.

This is week 5.5 of being sick for me. I'm sure I have a sinus infection at this point, and I woke up last night with super achey aches, so I suspect this is virus #4 coming on. But at least we got to sleep in this morning! Hooray!
#30 of 155 Old 11-06-2010, 03:29 PM

Lyss, I'm starting to get more and more excited too. I was able to leave my job that was making me miserable and stressed, and throwing myself into being a SAHM. things are going to be tight financially for a bit, but we should be set before christmas. now I just need to get the energy to get caught up on the housework and start actually cooking again.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page