December Chat Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 194 Old 12-03-2010, 03:16 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

As usual, I'm not sure what week I'm in!  I finally wrote it on the calendar after my last MW appointment, but I haven't looked at the calendar lately.

I've been tired, as usual, and waking up a lot a night.  Mostly just to roll over and go back to sleep, so that's good.  Last time I had some mid-night insomnia and would get up and do things.  Don't really want to have to do that again.

A few weeks ago I had a wonderful prenatal massage, but ever since then my hips and back have been KILLING me!!  I just got back from a business trip which I had to do a lot of walking for, and my hip hurt with every step.  It really sucks and nothing makes it better.  I know some people suggest chiropractors, but I have never been to one, don't want to spend the money, and am generally skeptical of the underlying principles.  I think I'm just going to be gimpy for the rest of the pregnancy.

I have my next MW appointment on Monday.  Have to do the GTT.  I really don't want to do it.  Bah.  I have not had much of an appetite lately, either.  I get hungry and I eat, but nothing really sounds good or tastes particularly good (except for "bad" stuff like cookies, ice cream and chocolate cake!!).

DS is changing so much.  We're trying to make the 2-1 nap transition and it is a bear.  He really doesn't need or want 2 naps, but he has a hard time surviving on one.  But I'm going to try to focus and do it.  Also really want to try doing the potty training thing!!  The hip pain makes it so hard to do anything on the floor or with bending over.

Other than all that I feel pretty good.  Still in super organizing/cleaning mode.  I like it, though.  I threw a bunch of old make-up away this morning.

what about physical therapy? I saw one in my first pregnancy who  had specific pre-natal training, and she was amazing. we dealt with the muscular issues, as well as the joint issues. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 194 Old 12-03-2010, 06:34 PM

I could have written this myself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

As usual, I'm not sure what week I'm in!  I finally wrote it on the calendar after my last MW appointment, but I haven't looked at the calendar lately.

I've been tired, as usual, and waking up a lot a night.  Mostly just to roll over and go back to sleep, so that's good.  Last time I had some mid-night insomnia and would get up and do things.  Don't really want to have to do that again.

A few weeks ago I had a wonderful prenatal massage, but ever since then my hips and back have been KILLING me!!  I just got back from a business trip which I had to do a lot of walking for, and my hip hurt with every step.  It really sucks and nothing makes it better.  I know some people suggest chiropractors, but I have never been to one, don't want to spend the money, and am generally skeptical of the underlying principles.  I think I'm just going to be gimpy for the rest of the pregnancy.

I have my next MW appointment on Monday.  Have to do the GTT.  I really don't want to do it.  Bah.  I have not had much of an appetite lately, either.  I get hungry and I eat, but nothing really sounds good or tastes particularly good (except for "bad" stuff like cookies, ice cream and chocolate cake!!).

DS is changing so much.  We're trying to make the 2-1 nap transition and it is a bear.  He really doesn't need or want 2 naps, but he has a hard time surviving on one.  But I'm going to try to focus and do it.  Also really want to try doing the potty training thing!!  The hip pain makes it so hard to do anything on the floor or with bending over.

Other than all that I feel pretty good.  Still in super organizing/cleaning mode.  I like it, though.  I threw a bunch of old make-up away this morning.

I totally feel for you - my hips are a disaster!  And I'm dreading the GTT because if I have to lose carbs, it will suck so much!

And exactly ditto on the chiro issue!   Ugh.  I make DH rub my butt at least twice a day.  :)

#33 of 194 Old 12-03-2010, 07:04 PM

Today, my closest friend and her husband (they are both really good friends and neighbors to my husband and me) found out she is also having a boy (this is her second child; she already has a girl whom I adore).  She's due 2 weeks after me, and we tentatively talked about names to each other.  Turns out we have two very similar "boy" names on our our shortlist -- same first three letters, same vowel sound in the first syllable, same syllable length.  I've decided that won't keep me from using the name if I decide it's my top pick (I'm not sure if it is) and will just chalk it up to coincidence.  There's no reason they can't have similar names.  I have about 8 friends named Matthew (for example), after all.  ;)

Let's see...what have y'all been talking about?

I'm 24 weeks on Monday and feeling very stretched and large, as has been mentioned above!  I've put on almost as much weight in the past 11 days as I did in the first 22 weeks!  :)  My husband is great with the compliments, though.  He keeps telling me how much he loves the belly. 

My hips are totally wonky, too, like many of yours, but the prenatal chiropractor I contacted is "out of network" for my insurance, so it's back to the drawing board!

I'm considering 28 weeks third trimester for me, so that's my next "goal."  ;)  When I saw my midwife the other day I was measuring spot-on for my estimated due date, and everything seems to be on track.  Next month, I'll take the gestational diabetes test, and I'm almost looking forward to it because my midwife uses regular grape juice (10 oz.), not sugar syrup stuff.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!

#34 of 194 Old 12-03-2010, 08:08 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

just like the second trimester, there seems to be some conflicting info on that... i've been seeing 27 weeks and 28 weeks as the start of the 3rd trimester. since i went with 12 weeks (as opposed to 13) for the second trimester, i'll probably go with 27 weeks.

That seems to be common. Though really, the second trimester begins at 14 weeks, and the the 3rd begins at 28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginia884 View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by rockycrop View Post

I'll be 26 weeks this weekend, and I am just feeling huge.  I can't believe I'm going to get bigger than I am now!  

Me too! This is a common complaint to my DH, "I am huge! And I'm just going to get huge-er!" It really blows my mind that right now this babe is about 1.5 lbs and is going to go up, up, up. Where is 8 lbs of baby going to fit in there??

I have really just gotten much bigger in the last few weeks here. I think it's time for us all to post some new belly  pics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neuromancer View Post

I'm considering 28 weeks third trimester for me, so that's my next "goal."  ;)  When I saw my midwife the other day I was measuring spot-on for my estimated due date, and everything seems to be on track.  Next month, I'll take the gestational diabetes test, and I'm almost looking forward to it because my midwife uses regular grape juice (10 oz.), not sugar syrup stuff.

I think that's pretty reasonable as GTT's go.

AFM: yes yes, wonky left hip and butt sciatic nerve nonsense that happened last time. I keep saying "I'm going to go to a chiro this time..." but I'm a baby. I've never been and I'm nervous!

I also completed my big room switch around. WOOO HOOO! I feel so settled. Now on to the paint...

Banana, doula wife to Papa Banana and mother to Banana One, Banana Two, Banana Three, Banana Four...

#35 of 194 Old 12-04-2010, 06:38 AM

Hi, haven't posted here before and not really sure why since I have been a member on mothering.com for a while. I am due 2nd March with my second baby girl (my first is 3 years 2 months old now) and so am 27 +3 today and I feel like I am in third trimester already so will count it from 27 weeks - also I know this baby will be early since I am a type 1 diabetic so it makes it a little more even for me.

My next appointment will be shortly before 29 weeks on 14 December and I am having a hospital bonus 4d scan (its part of booking in at the hospital) on 18 December which should be fun - at least they won't be looking for problems this time. Baby is doing well and is very active lately although she does have some quieter days. I am getting bad rib pain but luckily no hip pain yet. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

#36 of 194 Old 12-04-2010, 09:15 AM

Welcome, Tanikit!

Put me on the list for hip pain.  It's ridiculously bad.  Some days if I have to be up and around too much, I am in tears from the pain.  It feels like I'm going to crack in half right at my left sacroiliac joint.  I've considered chiro, but I'd have to drive 20 min to the nearest one my insurance would cover and I have no idea if they are competent for pregnancy, also I'm not certain it would really help.  The joint is too loose, and chiro won't tighten it up.  It feels really, really good to have DH squeeze my hips together while I lean over the birth ball.  Baby B moved from transverse to vertex (though still breech, I think) after the first night he did this.  The pain has been moderately better since then, and I'm hopeful that it will get better as babies balance my tummy weight better. I also wear my maternity belt way down around my butt/hips, which helps a little.

I'm a little nervous that I'd actually be full term in a little more than 12 weeks!  Time is going to fly!  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#37 of 194 Old 12-04-2010, 03:04 PM

For me, I break up the trimesters into 13w, 13w, 14w.  So the first trimester ends on the 13w and begins on the 14, and the second trimester ends on the 26th w and begins on the 27.  But that's just the way I look at it.  All I know is that either way I'm coming up on the 3rd trimester and it just amazes me that we are all pushing that milestone already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana731 View Post

That seems to be common. Though really, the second trimester begins at 14 weeks, and the the 3rd begins at 28.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#38 of 194 Old 12-04-2010, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanikit View Post

Hi, haven't posted here before and not really sure why since I have been a member on mothering.com for a while. I am due 2nd March with my second baby girl (my first is 3 years 2 months old now) and so am 27 +3 today and I feel like I am in third trimester already so will count it from 27 weeks - also I know this baby will be early since I am a type 1 diabetic so it makes it a little more even for me.

My next appointment will be shortly before 29 weeks on 14 December and I am having a hospital bonus 4d scan (its part of booking in at the hospital) on 18 December which should be fun - at least they won't be looking for problems this time. Baby is doing well and is very active lately although she does have some quieter days. I am getting bad rib pain but luckily no hip pain yet. Look forward to getting to know everyone.

Welcome Tanikit!

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#39 of 194 Old 12-04-2010, 05:53 PM

Quote:

I'm jealous! I just got my bottle of orange syrupy stuff that I'm supposed to drink in a couple weeks for my GTT. I wish my midwife would have let me do grape juice! I had a friend who said her doctor let her eat jelly bellies.

Rachel, wife to my beloved DH Rick; mama to my 5-year-old daughter, Kyrie, 3-year-old son, Antonio, and daughter Epiphany, born 3-27-11!
#40 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 12:28 PM

Hi, everyone.  It sounds like people are mostly doing well this week!  I am doing much better after a very frustrating November.  Just after my early GD diagnosis, I started having incredible pelvic pain.  My nurse and other folks kept saying it was regular pregnancy pain, and now hearing all of you, perhaps it was.  However, I was not willing to spend the rest of the pregnancy hobbling around in that much pain.  I couldn't walk without a great deal of pain and it hurt so much to roll over in bed.  I found a pregnancy chiropractor and it has made everything bearable again.  She adjusts my bones to make sure everything is where it is supposed to be and then does a little massage to encourage the muscles to hold things that way.  She has also given me some exercises to do to strengthen the muscles and to help keep pelvic alignment between appointments.  One that you all might find useful is an isometric exercise:  squat all the way down with your legs apart and put your elbows between your knees and your hands together, then try to squeeze your knees together while your arms continue to keep them apart.  For any of you who are experiencing serious pelvic or lower back pain, I really would recommend finding someone who can do these adjustments for you.  My insurance doesn't cover it, but the woman I am working with has a very reasonable package deal that makes each appointment fairly affordable and the expense feels worth it to me.  

I've been doing the GD diet and testing my blood 4 times a day for about 6 weeks now.  I think I'm getting the hang of it and just hoping that I can continue to keep my numbers under control through the next surges of hormones so that I don't have to go on insulin.  (If I get put on insulin, then I will officially be labeled "high risk" and will have to go to a different hospital, which I don't want.)  Being able to walk again helps a lot with being able to keep my blood sugar in check.  

I feel like I am behind as far as getting the house ready for baby.  We have started clearing out the room that will be his bedroom, and I am planning to at least buy paint for the room next weekend.  We have no furniture, and I'm not even sure what I want for furniture.  We would like to start out with a co-sleeper in our room, so I'm not sure about whether it makes sense to also have a crib in his room.  He probably needs a dresser and we have a small bookshelf that can stay in the room for books and toys.  We have some plastic storage containers with drawers that we will probably use for cloth diapers.  My sister has started sending her stash of diapers to us, so we have a good start there, but otherwise have very little in the way of baby stuff.  Any thoughts from experiences mamas on how much baby equipment is actually necessary?  

#41 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrachel View Post

I feel like I am behind as far as getting the house ready for baby.  We have started clearing out the room that will be his bedroom, and I am planning to at least buy paint for the room next weekend.  We have no furniture, and I'm not even sure what I want for furniture.  We would like to start out with a co-sleeper in our room, so I'm not sure about whether it makes sense to also have a crib in his room.  He probably needs a dresser and we have a small bookshelf that can stay in the room for books and toys.  We have some plastic storage containers with drawers that we will probably use for cloth diapers.  My sister has started sending her stash of diapers to us, so we have a good start there, but otherwise have very little in the way of baby stuff.  Any thoughts from experiences mamas on how much baby equipment is actually necessary?  

I was glad to hear you're having good results keeping your pain from spiraling out of control! 

I really relate to feeling behind in getting the house ready.  I don't feel behind in "buying stuff," because I can do that online anytime, but as I get bigger it gets harder to shift and reorganize things.  Today, my husband and I made a list of things that really need to get done before the baby comes.  We also shifted around our bed and some furniture in our room so that we could put the cradle next to the bed.  But we need to create clothing/diaper supplies/and toy (though we hope to keep toy footprint low) storage in this three bedroom apartment!  And I need to find a spot for all the stuff on top of our dresser that I'm going to displace when I put the changing pad up there.

I sent an email to a designer/carpenter friend of ours.  I'm really hoping to have him design some sort of shelving that can go over and next to our bed, to serve as bookshelf headboard and night tables.  I think our space is too small for something that isn't custom-built.  We'll see if he's even interested.

I doubt we'll get much done until January, as the holidays are keeping us very busy, but I feel better that we took some measurements and talked about options. 

As for amount of stuff, I'm hoping to get by with just a changing pad, cradle with sheets, clothing, diapers and diaper supplies, a couple of toiletries, and a small bin for toys.  We already have tons of books (baby/children's books).  We also have a Moby wrap and will buy a car seat (we don't own a car, but our friends and parents do).  And depending on how breast feeding and my work situation goes, I'll probably need a pump and breast milk storage supplies and bottles, but maybe not for the first few months.

First child born March 2011.  Constantly in awe!
#42 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 03:46 PM

Ooooh- I can't wait to start organizing rooms!! Our bedroom remodeling project has turned into a complete demolition and start over project... the 2 back rooms are now gutted completely, so we just need to haul all the nasty stuff out and then we can start putting up insulation and walls. And a new floor. And build a closet. ugh. But then- I can start setting up baby stuff!! orngbiggrin.gif

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#43 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 04:23 PM

necessary baby stuff: diapers, wipes, if CDing a diaper pail and wet bags, clothes (expect to change their outfit at least three times a day for the first few months), diaper bag (or other large bag that can fit the purpose), carseat, carrier, receiving blankets (I had 15, because I was using them as burp clothes, swaddling, and nursing covers), a couple other baby blankets, changing pads are really handy, and someplace to lay the baby down. 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#44 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 07:12 PM

We are getting ready for christmas. We put up the tree today and this wk, I hope to do some baking and finish the little details of decorating. The girls are so excited for christmas. DD1 ask Santa for a baby blanket for our baby. She is such a sweetheart!!! luxlove.gif

I'm 27wks pg today!!! Only 13wks left. bigeyes.gif I keep telling myself that after christmas, I will set up and clean all the baby stuff to be ready by the end of Jan for the baby. I can't beleive that it's only 13wks, I get to meet my baby. So exciting!!! I have all the important stuff like carseat, dipes, receiving blankets and other type of blankets, neutral newborn clothes and a place for him/her to sleep. :)

The baby is really moving around for me but only when I'm alone and none of the girls are close by to feel the baby move. Little sneaker!!! LOL

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#45 of 194 Old 12-05-2010, 11:26 PM

Decorated our chritmas tree tonight.  I'm so ridicoulsly sick.... there are times when i wonder if my coughing is strating to hurt the baby.. ( i highly dobut it, just irrating likley)

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#46 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 06:06 AM

everyone is so busy! i'm starting to feel name-stress, with no clue as to what to call this mystery baby. but, i'm giving myself permission to wait until after the holidays to let the baby gears start turning. of course thinking about things in terms of "weeks left" suuuuure does make it seem like i'm walking the wire. wow 23 weeks pregnant seems reasonable, 17 weeks left does not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandrine View Post

I'm 27wks pg today!!! Only 13wks left. bigeyes.gif

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#47 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 10:47 AM

we have names but we are always open to change.. I actually had a dream last week with a possible new girl name for baby. ... so now we have two girl choices and one boy. I'm not super stressed about it i'm sure the baby will have a name

#48 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 03:10 PM

easy to say with 3 names already!!! ;) i wonder if my husband has any picked out. we haven't even talked about it yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliy View Post

we have names but we are always open to change.. I actually had a dream last week with a possible new girl name for baby. ... so now we have two girl choices and one boy. I'm not super stressed about it i'm sure the baby will have a name

#49 of 194 Old 12-06-2010, 06:01 PM

yea i know.... a lot of it is my DH though... he was ready and scouring names at like 8 weeks. I only have looked at names casue he asked me too!

#50 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 10:23 AM

So it's not really all in my mind, I am officially huge.  Had an appointment with my midwife yesterday and I'm measuring 4 weeks ahead.  I really didn't want to get an ultrasound this time around, but it may be necessary for my midwife's peace of mind.  I'm pretty dang sure about my dates, and I don't think it's twins...so I'm not too concerned.  I was measuring slightly ahead during my first pregnancy, but nothing this extreme.  It just feels so early to be this big!  I'm already almost constantly out of breath and slightly uncomfortable.

But now after reading through these last couple posts, I kinda want to get out all my baby stuff and organize it!  That might be our little project today.  I haven't bought anything new yet.  And I would say as a slightly experienced mom, you really don't need to worry too much about "stuff" in the beginning.  My essentials will be:

-cloth diapers and covers (have, may get a couple more)

-wipes (need more since we started using family cloth-these can be just cut up t-shirts)

-a couple more wipes/dirty diaper wash bags

-i'd like to get a moby wrap, I have a hotsling, maya wrap ring sling (my daughter hated it, I was probably using it wrong), and I have a mei tai for an older baby...wow it has been a long time since I've thought about baby-wearing!

-need another car seat

-some new clothes probably?  I'll have to see what I have already.

-a little vibrating baby seat which we have, kind of essential from my experience

-towels, clothes, wipes everywhere! in the bed, on the couch, in every room!  Things will be leaking profusely out of myself and the baby.

-arm's reach co-sleeper-i'll be feeling this one out this time.  Last time I started out with baby in the co-sleeper, and she ended up in our bed after a couple months.  Unfortunately we only have a full size bed, so I was always almost falling off the side.

And I think that's all?  I was very eager to buy toys, as were a lot of relatives, but most are pretty unnecessary for quite a while.   

#51 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 10:57 AM

I had my m/s appt this morning. All looks good. h/b was in the late 140's. baby's position was head down. :) My only concern was my b/p which was super low and would put someone else in a camatose state if they had my reading. Not sure how I can bring it more up than what i'm doing now. I don't drink coffee, tea or anything like that. I do eat salt and try to put more than what i like for taste but I still need it to taste good so that I can eat it, so I don't go overboard with it. Not sure what else to do. Looking online doesn't help as everything is talking about how to lower a b/p, not how to rise one, ykwim. lol

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#52 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 11:42 AM

Same here! Except my appt was last night. What's super low? Is it bothering you? Seems like the "treatment" would depend on the exact problem, unless the problem is just pregnancy. Someone else here said they had low bp too. Mine was 101/60 yesterday, but it's always that low (sometimes lower) and doesn't give me problems, so it's not considered low.

Quote:

I had my m/s appt this morning. All looks good. h/b was in the late 140's. baby's position was head down. :) My only concern was my b/p which was super low and would put someone else in a camatose state if they had my reading. Not sure how I can bring it more up than what i'm doing now. I don't drink coffee, tea or anything like that. I do eat salt and try to put more than what i like for taste but I still need it to taste good so that I can eat it, so I don't go overboard with it. Not sure what else to do. Looking online doesn't help as everything is talking about how to lower a b/p, not how to rise one, ykwim. lol

#53 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 12:04 PM

my feet got really swollen last night. all I was doing was sitting at my computer for too long. not looking forward to swelling more. 

#54 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 01:18 PM

Oh no... we must all be entering into the wacky phase of pregnancy. I haven't had any swelling *yet* but last night I got a kink in my back that made it impossible to walk. I had to crawl to bed. And then from bed to the toilet, and then back again. It was horrible. I couldn't even sit up in bed to read my book. But, I laid in bed and expanded my spine as much as possible and really focused on straightening and opening and luckily woke up feeling fine again. Whew! I can't afford to miss any more work after our window and sickness stuff.

#55 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 01:44 PM

I think that if it's low and you don't feel any symptoms than that's ok but I am starting to feel some symptoms. :(  In my other pgcies, it used to be about 110/70, which is a normal b/p. There isn't much treatment, only taking in more salt and caffeine. 

Quote:

Same here! Except my appt was last night. What's super low? Is it bothering you? Seems like the "treatment" would depend on the exact problem, unless the problem is just pregnancy. Someone else here said they had low bp too. Mine was 101/60 yesterday, but it's always that low (sometimes lower) and doesn't give me problems, so it's not considered low.

Quote:

#56 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM

Awe, I'm sorry it's causing you problems. :( I wouldn't have any trouble eating more salt right now, I'm totally craving saltier things lately and salting my food more than I usually do. Are you going to try that?

Quote:

I think that if it's low and you don't feel any symptoms than that's ok but I am starting to feel some symptoms. :(  In my other pgcies, it used to be about 110/70, which is a normal b/p. There isn't much treatment, only taking in more salt and caffeine. 

Quote:

Quote:

#57 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 01:53 PM

Ack! I didn't realize that quoting someone captures the whole history of quotes!

#58 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 02:45 PM

Sara~ I am trying to put more salt on my food and i'm trying to drink a pop a day but it seems like harder to get into a habit than say eating chocolate once a day. :lol:

#59 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 02:52 PM

So, after I complained about my pelvic issues, baby B finally moved and within 2 days I stopped feeling the sharp, constant pain in the back of my pelvis.  It'll pop up if I'm lifting 2yo dd too much or something, but I don't dread getting up and walking around anymore.  I just have normal low back pain, and my usual SPD pain, which are both manageable, comparatively.  

Today I had distribution of the poinsettia sale at my kids school, which I chaired.  It took way longer than I anticipated to get everything sorted out, so I missed lunch.  Then we got home, and the boys went downstairs to play (it was an early release day), and 8yo ds came howling back upstairs completely covered in blood from a wound around his eye.  11 yo dd took one look at him, completely freaked out and was screaming so frantically, I thought for sure he'd lost an eye.  Someone brought a rag and I put pressure on the approximate location of the injury while trying to assess if he had vision.  That was fine, thank goodness.  DD dialed the local clinic, and they had no one there to see children.  I'd have to drive 30 min to the ER.  The joys of small town life.  I finally got the bleeding stopped to look at the wound, and it was the TINIEST little puncture.  Puncture is probably even exaggerating.  An eighth of an inch little wound about an inch or so above his eye.  This is my bleeder kid.  So finally, I got him to look and see the wound in the mirror, and he could barely find it, and calmed down.  I sent him to the shower to wash the blood out of his hair and all is well, but I was just shaking from not eating yet and the adrenaline of all that screaming!  Dh doesn't have class tonight, but has an end of term project he has to work on, so he won't be home until late. I think I'll be ready to collapse into bed by then.

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#60 of 194 Old 12-07-2010, 02:59 PM

Sand~surely the caffeine in the chocolate could only help. i say try out a heavy chocolate diet and find out ;) i think i'll give that a shot myself :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

So, after I complained about my pelvic issues, baby B finally moved and within 2 days I stopped feeling the sharp, constant pain in the back of my pelvis.  It'll pop up if I'm lifting 2yo dd too much or something, but I don't dread getting up and walking around anymore.  I just have normal low back pain, and my usual SPD pain, which are both manageable, comparatively.  

Today I had distribution of the poinsettia sale at my kids school, which I chaired.  It took way longer than I anticipated to get everything sorted out, so I missed lunch.  Then we got home, and the boys went downstairs to play (it was an early release day), and 8yo ds came howling back upstairs completely covered in blood from a wound around his eye.  11 yo dd took one look at him, completely freaked out and was screaming so frantically, I thought for sure he'd lost an eye.  Someone brought a rag and I put pressure on the approximate location of the injury while trying to assess if he had vision.  That was fine, thank goodness.  DD dialed the local clinic, and they had no one there to see children.  I'd have to drive 30 min to the ER.  The joys of small town life.  I finally got the bleeding stopped to look at the wound, and it was the TINIEST little puncture.  Puncture is probably even exaggerating.  An eighth of an inch little wound about an inch or so above his eye.  This is my bleeder kid.  So finally, I got him to look and see the wound in the mirror, and he could barely find it, and calmed down.  I sent him to the shower to wash the blood out of his hair and all is well, but I was just shaking from not eating yet and the adrenaline of all that screaming!  Dh doesn't have class tonight, but has an end of term project he has to work on, so he won't be home until late. I think I'll be ready to collapse into bed by then.

oh dang, what a stressful day!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page