January Chat Thread - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

#31 of 220 Old 01-03-2011, 09:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Sandrine, I'm sorry to hear the pain came back, I hope you at least get more breaks from it. 

I haven't been sleeping well either. I feel like my bladder has two states of being: I have to pee, and I REALLY have to pee. and if I make too much noise DD wakes up and has to be nursed back to sleep. 

I haven't really laid in to the baby clothes yet. I pulled the gender-neutral stuff out of DD's outgrown clothes, and I have a box of hand-me-downs, but I need to go through it and wash it all. but first I need to make room for it to go, which means lots more organizing and getting rid of extra stuff we don't need. DF and I did go through our closet this evening and pulled out another box worth of stuff to donate.

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 07:22 AM

I did the baby clothes over the winter break.  I'm back at work now, so my next big nesting push is probably after my shower (the 15th) so I will see what I still need.  I think we're getting a carseat from a friend, so that is taken care of, yay!  I think we will still have to buy a lot of the practical items ourselves though.  No one really wants to purchase the diaper pail or breast pads even if they are on the registry, you know?

Sandrine, I'm so sorry to hear you're in pain again. :( 

#33 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 08:23 AM

Crayfish--I did Hypnobabies with my last babe and was able to stay awake when I first started doing it.  By the time I was in my third trimester, though, I almost never did.  I used them as an intro into nap time. :)  Although they say it doesn't matter, I think it's probably important to try and stay concious for them at least a couple times so you can learn the finger drop technique and how to use your switch and everything.  I think once you get to listening to them over and over again, it's less important to be awake.

My sleep is not too bad.  I wake up a lot, but usually just roll over and go back to sleep.  But days when I take a nap, I have a hard time going to sleep (even though naps feel so great).  I just feel so tired all the time.  It's kind of discouraging.  And I know I should be walking or something, but I just feel tired.  And I feel more tired after walking.  I do have a yoga dvd that makes me feel better when I do it.  But it's kind of long, so a bit of a commitment.

I am getting a little freaked that the remaining time is so short.  I have just started getting newborn clothes out and thinking about whether or not I really want to transition my toddler to a big bed.  (I do not want to have to buy another crib!!)

#34 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 11:11 AM

The pain went away after my second dose of pain meds. So I was able to sleep half the night. This morning, went to the chiro and he said that the region near my kidneys are really misaligned and probably will be until after birth. oh youpee! not!!! At least my pelvic and hips were still aligned well.

I have an mw appt tomorrow morning and then I have an family doc appt on thurs. It's a routine check up tomorrow and on thurs, it's to talk about the stones and see what he has to say about them and what I can do to help prevent pain etc... The urologist office hasn't called yet.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#35 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 12:28 PM

9-ish weeks left here... and all set. I admit I'm probably overprepared especially for a 7th baby but oh well. I had a lot of fun preparing for this little one.

Sciatica is the devil right now. Moods probably right behind that. lol

Our GREAT #8 due September 2012! joy.gif
#36 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 04:50 PM

Hey all,

30 weeks here, it's hard to believe!  We had a nice New Year's, my husband was off work from Thurs. to yesterday, so on Thursday we spontaneously decided to drive to NYC/Teaneck, NJ where my father in law lives.  We were only there a day and a half, but it was fun.  Walking around New York City proved to be a bit of a challenge.  My lower back and hip bones were killing me after a couple hours.  I'm feeling a lot more disabled this pregnancy than my first.  It is very difficult for me to bend down and to walk around for extended periods of time.  Ugh, really ready for that part to be over with and to get my body back/get back in shape.

I have a boy first name pretty much decided on, but no middle name and no girl's name.  My daughter didn't have a middle name until she was 2 weeks old and I'm still not completely sold on it, oh well!

My BH's are getting a lot stronger, I really can't move or talk to anyone while they're happening.  No more than 2 or 3 a day though so far.  You guys are reminding me to drink that water!

#37 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 05:53 PM

I went to the chiropractor for my SPD and she is magical. I go again next week!!  I feel like someone punched me in the crotch. Fun times!

I also noticed a lot of stains on my clothes I had put into bins just over a year ago, washed...I looked it up on the internet and people said to soak them in Oxiclean overnight. Magic! It worked. The reason is due to protein stains oxidizing. They may look clean but anything left over oxidizes. I had freaked out because I thought a mouse had peed all over them. 

We have a name! Yay. 

Mama to 2 little darling squooshy faces
#38 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 08:51 PM

oxyclean is myy friend!!!

I understand the spd pain... ugh it has been really bugging me the past few days well almost week now. I'm not really liking the chiro i'm seeing. but it's just a few more time till birth then we'll see what happens.

Winds of change are blowing in our house right now. Life is up in the air and we might end up moving just after the baby. Not sure what I think of this right now, but we'll go where the wind takes us. I have no intention of moving before the baby

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#39 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 09:01 PM

I haven't posted a lot, but check in regularly to see how everyone is doing...

I am 30 weeks and just made the decision to go with a homebirth instead of a hospital birth.  I was miraculously able to find a midwife who still had availability.  In fact, it just feels meant to be, as she is in my neighborhood, very experienced, has a great reputation and is the only midwife I called.  (KaPow - we are using the same midwife!)  I felt like things were getting too medicalized with my care and once I figured out what my out of pocket costs would be for a hospital birth, figured out that I could pay a similar amount for great midwife care.  I was born at home myself, so it was nice to call my parents and hear how excited and supportive they were of this decision.

I am also going to a chiropractor regularly, and she has made it so that I can comfortably walk and turn over in bed.  (I was having crazy pelvic issues.)

I'm feeling much more relaxed and happy with my pregnancy now.  So, now that I'm in order, time to start getting the baby's room in order and make sure I have what I need for him.... I'd like to make a few things for him as well.

For everyone having hurts and complications this week, I am sending you good thoughts and energy to get through!

#40 of 220 Old 01-04-2011, 09:48 PM

Hey everyone. It's been a while since I posted too, x-mas was crazy and back and forth with school with dd is very tiring as well. I thought I was the only one with crazy hip pain. This whole pregnancy I have had hip pain, first in my right hip, now in both, before it really affected my sleep because I couldn't sleep on my right hip because I would wake up almost crying in pain, and I think that because I could only sleep on my left side that one started too! Now it hurts in the day when I'm walking. I have been trying to stretch and walk on the treadmill and it seems to help a little, but I always forget to tell my doctor, and it's been 7 months! lol.  The acid has been really bad for the last week for me too, and my dotor prescribed zantac, but I didn't fill it because I'm not sure. I guess I'll wait until I really can't take it anymore, but I am getting tired of not being able to eat much and then acid burps (eeew) afterwards for like a half hour! Tums help a little, but leave a bad taste in my mouth that makes me sick.

I have to go to another town 45 mins. away to have baby, because our hospital does not do births, so I went to see my awesome OB there for the 1st time this pregnancy. She is gone on April 2nd and my due date is march 28th, I'm really dissapointed she probably won't be there for labour and delivery, especially  because she was also gone for dd's birth and my experience was not great. I'll try and do lots to make it happen before the 2nd, lol!

It's really not all that bad though. I feel pretty good and baby is always moving around. I have started thinking of baby clothes too. I guess it's not too early if everyone else is doing the same.  Well I hope everone keeps feeling good, pretty soon we'll be telling our birth stroies!!!

Wife to DH mom to DD(09-05) and DD(03/27).joy.gif

#41 of 220 Old 01-05-2011, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

I recently went through all my clothes and really organized them into what I need to wash first, etc.  I'm glad others are talking about this too.  I need to get a dresser for this LO and then I think I'll start washing the clothes and putting them away.  Last time I had my shower at 32 weeks and then started getting ready after that so I guess I'm right on track.

Last night I had my first bout of acid reflux, blech.  I've been experiencing some heartburn here and there but last night the throw up burps (sorry tmi) woke me up, yuck.  I hope this isn't going to be a regular occurrence.  I sometimes sleep ok and other times get up a lot to pee and toss and turn.

Is anyone drinking red raspberry leaf tea and/or thinking of taking evening primose oil soon?  I started drinking the tea about a month ago and I drink usually around 2 a day right now.  I see mixed reviews on when to start EPO.  I'm trying for a VBAC so if I can help my cervix soften and get ready on my own I am game for that.  I think I'm going to take it orally starting at 34 weeks.  Does that sound right?  Vaginally at 36 or 37??  I also plan on DTD plenty to get the natural prostaglindins (sp) in there!  I did use EPO last time just vaginally starting around 37 weeks and I'm not sure if it did much.

Married to my best friend
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Mama to DS1 4/2009, DS2 3/2011, and DS3 12/22/2014 and two
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Remembering
3/2008
#42 of 220 Old 01-05-2011, 10:09 AM

Just had my mw appt. it went well. I'm still under her care as the kidney stones are not a baby prob, iykwim. The hb was around 156s and my bp was a bit higher but still low at about 98/62. I'm mesuring about 3wks ahead and so she wants a u/s in a few wks to check on the baby's growth.

Tomorrow, i'm seeing my family doc. Still waiting to hear from the urologist.

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#43 of 220 Old 01-05-2011, 12:05 PM

How cool!!! So are you due mid March, then? I wonder if I'll bump into you at any appts, we usually go on Monday evenings after 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxrachel View Post

I am 30 weeks and just made the decision to go with a homebirth instead of a hospital birth.  I was miraculously able to find a midwife who still had availability.  In fact, it just feels meant to be, as she is in my neighborhood, very experienced, has a great reputation and is the only midwife I called.  (KaPow - we are using the same midwife!)  I felt like things were getting too medicalized with my care and once I figured out what my out of pocket costs would be for a hospital birth, figured out that I could pay a similar amount for great midwife care.  I was born at home myself, so it was nice to call my parents and hear how excited and supportive they were of this decision.

I am also going to a chiropractor regularly, and she has made it so that I can comfortably walk and turn over in bed.  (I was having crazy pelvic issues.)

I'm feeling much more relaxed and happy with my pregnancy now.  So, now that I'm in order, time to start getting the baby's room in order and make sure I have what I need for him.... I'd like to make a few things for him as well.

For everyone having hurts and complications this week, I am sending you good thoughts and energy to get through!

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#44 of 220 Old 01-05-2011, 12:07 PM

OH! And your hood.... that must mean we're neighbors. We should hit papacininononosnsos some time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

How cool!!! So are you due mid March, then? I wonder if I'll bump into you at any appts, we usually go on Monday evenings after 4.

Quote:

#45 of 220 Old 01-05-2011, 06:51 PM

I just realised that I do get BH's. hmmmm I had some thing evening and it just clicked what they were. LOL I never felt them with the girls but I am now.

#46 of 220 Old 01-05-2011, 07:12 PM

I saw my OB today.  I passed my glucose tolerance test and my weight, blood pressure, etc. are all looking great.  I also had the GBS and BV swab today just in case. I am measuring exactly right, 30 cm at 30 weeks.  I'm just slightly anemic, so he suggested I supplement with iron, since I have thus far been taking vitamins that don't contain iron since it upsets my stomach.

As far as managing things from here on out, I will be continuing to get progesterone shots every week.  I'm also getting the steroid shots to help mature the baby's lungs just in case.  I will be getting a fetal fibronectin test this week and again in 2 weeks.  For those of you that might not know, the test is given to see if I might be at higher than normal risk for preterm labor in the next 2 weeks.  A negative test is somewhat reassuring (although I did have a negative test just before my dd was born) and a positive test would be somewhat concerning, and it may mean that my OB would want to see me more frequently or monitor me more closely.

I'm now seeing the doctor every 2 weeks, and after a couple or 3 visits, I'll be down to every week.

#47 of 220 Old 01-05-2011, 09:14 PM

KaPow, my next appointment is at 4pm on Monday, so I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point!  I live right by Mt. Scott Community Center, about 15 blocks from Heather's office/cottage.  What the heck is papacininononosnsos?  Am I missing out on some wonderful secret neighborhood thing?  

#48 of 220 Old 01-05-2011, 10:13 PM

That coffeeshop on Woodstock, I can never remember the name of it. They've got a play area :D

We are really close, then. I'm about half a block north of Heather. I hope you have a wonderful first visit! (knowing fully well that you will, it's a great team) I can't believe that her other March mama is someone from this DDC! Wild!

Quote:

KaPow, my next appointment is at 4pm on Monday, so I'm sure we'll run into each other at some point!  I live right by Mt. Scott Community Center, about 15 blocks from Heather's office/cottage.  What the heck is papacininononosnsos?  Am I missing out on some wonderful secret neighborhood thing?  

#49 of 220 Old 01-06-2011, 10:30 AM

Mich..4:  I was drinking RRL tea until we went away for Christmas.  I was running out and didn't get anymore to bring with me.  I was also just drinking two cups per day.  I guess we're supposed to up it to 3 during the third trimester?  I also did EPO last time and started orally and vaginally at 36 weeks.  It probably wouldn't hurt to start orally earlier!

You all have such great attitudes!!  My attitude is okay when I am not tired, but I have been so emotional lately.  My sister had her first baby yesterday at the hospital and it was kind of traumatizing to me.  She had an unusually hard and long early labor, ended up getting some drugs and an epidural, then when she started pushing the baby got "stuck."  Stuck??!!  She had a really great midwife, though, and at some point I guess you have to trust someone.  Anyway, she ended up with a C-section and was separated from the baby for the first hour or so.  I was in the hallway crying because I couldn't see her and I could just see the baby through the nursery glass.  It was all okay and good once they were finally together, but it was just really difficult and so different from my birth center birth with my first.  I had so talked up natural birth to her and given her all kinds of great stuff to read and tried to be really encouraging, and then it was just long and hard and ended in a section.  She seems good today and is happy to be with the baby (they are rooming in, thankfully!!).  It was just hard for me.

And my husband left today to go back home so he can work and I cried!  I'm just feeling so off.  I enjoy being pregnant on some levels, but I will be happy to transition back to semi-normal self after the baby comes.

#50 of 220 Old 01-06-2011, 10:48 AM

Congrats to your sister! Hugs for the rough delivery.

Can you talk more about what RRL tea and EPO are? My midwife hasn't mentioned these things... what are they? what for? etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

Mich..4:  I was drinking RRL tea until we went away for Christmas.  I was running out and didn't get anymore to bring with me.  I was also just drinking two cups per day.  I guess we're supposed to up it to 3 during the third trimester?  I also did EPO last time and started orally and vaginally at 36 weeks.  It probably wouldn't hurt to start orally earlier!

You all have such great attitudes!!  My attitude is okay when I am not tired, but I have been so emotional lately.  My sister had her first baby yesterday at the hospital and it was kind of traumatizing to me.  She had an unusually hard and long early labor, ended up getting some drugs and an epidural, then when she started pushing the baby got "stuck."  Stuck??!!  She had a really great midwife, though, and at some point I guess you have to trust someone.  Anyway, she ended up with a C-section and was separated from the baby for the first hour or so.  I was in the hallway crying because I couldn't see her and I could just see the baby through the nursery glass.  It was all okay and good once they were finally together, but it was just really difficult and so different from my birth center birth with my first.  I had so talked up natural birth to her and given her all kinds of great stuff to read and tried to be really encouraging, and then it was just long and hard and ended in a section.  She seems good today and is happy to be with the baby (they are rooming in, thankfully!!).  It was just hard for me.

And my husband left today to go back home so he can work and I cried!  I'm just feeling so off.  I enjoy being pregnant on some levels, but I will be happy to transition back to semi-normal self after the baby comes.

#51 of 220 Old 01-06-2011, 11:21 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Red Raspberry Leaf tea is known as a uterine tonic.  It is supposed to help tone your uterus so that when you are in labor contractions will be more effective.  Evening Primose Oil is a natural source of prostaglindins and is supposed to help soften your cervix in preperation for dilation.  Neither of these will put you into labor and only aid in helping nature along when it is time.  This is what I think at least!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaPOW! View Post

Congrats to your sister! Hugs for the rough delivery.

Can you talk more about what RRL tea and EPO are? My midwife hasn't mentioned these things... what are they? what for? etc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayray View Post

Married to my best friend
Mama to DS1 4/2009, DS2 3/2011, and DS3 12/22/2014 and two
Remembering
3/2008
#52 of 220 Old 01-06-2011, 12:02 PM

oh thank you! i vaguely remember a birth instructor suggesting raspberry for inducing labor when i was preggo with my son. but she was at a hospital, so probably wasn't as up on the more natural home treatments.

#53 of 220 Old 01-06-2011, 09:12 PM

I was drinking RRL tea earlier in the pregnancy.. but I kind of slacked off.  Now, if I'm making coffee (decaf), I'll add some to the brew- which I'm sure isn't getting me the full benefit, but I figure it's something, right?

Been feeling crappy and weird since yesterday.  Headache, foul mood, and this afternoon while driving I got super dizzy for about 20 seconds (luckily I was at a stoplight.)  Then I had a few major heart palpitations this evening.  Normal pregnancy weirdness??  I had a midwife appointment today and my blood pressure is great- that was the only thing that came to mind as a possible cause.

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#54 of 220 Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 PM - Thread Starter

CS-

I am just slightly anemic (got my blood results back today) and the dizzy and tachycardia sound a lot like some of my symptoms.  If you haven't, you might want to get both your hemoglobin and hematocrit levels checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by changingseasons View Post

I was drinking RRL tea earlier in the pregnancy.. but I kind of slacked off.  Now, if I'm making coffee (decaf), I'll add some to the brew- which I'm sure isn't getting me the full benefit, but I figure it's something, right?

Been feeling crappy and weird since yesterday.  Headache, foul mood, and this afternoon while driving I got super dizzy for about 20 seconds (luckily I was at a stoplight.)  Then I had a few major heart palpitations this evening.  Normal pregnancy weirdness??  I had a midwife appointment today and my blood pressure is great- that was the only thing that came to mind as a possible cause.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#55 of 220 Old 01-06-2011, 09:25 PM

I had my hematocrit checked last month, and it was around 36, which I think is good.  Good idea to check it again though.

I just thought of something else after I posted that- I'm suddenly (as of this afternoon), feeling a LOT more pressure on my bladder.  I wonder if baby just shifted and is pressing on a nerve or something?

Mom to DD1 (10/07) and DD2 (3/11)
geek.gif I blog about our life with food allergies and eosinophilic disorders.
#56 of 220 Old 01-07-2011, 02:21 PM

joy.gif  I got the call for my referal to the urologist!!! I have an appt next thursday after lunch. Now to make all arrangement for the girls and all that stuff.

#57 of 220 Old 01-07-2011, 04:17 PM

that is great Sandrine

SAHM to D ( 10/06 ) A (10/08) & C (03/11)
#58 of 220 Old 01-08-2011, 12:32 AM

I had my midwife appointment yesterday. the apprentice midwife was palpating to check for position and had to have the midwife double-check that what she was feeling was the head because it felt bigger than the head should be. she said "I'm sure that's not something you wanted to hear". I had to laugh. DF has a huge head, and DD has a pretty big head. so I'm not surprised to find that this little boy seems to have a bigger head. It always ticks me off when people talk about heavier babies being harder to birth, because DD was 6lb10oz, and once her head had a chance to pop back out had a 75th percentile head circumference (it was 50th right after she was born. she had a lot of molding)

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#59 of 220 Old 01-08-2011, 02:16 PM

Yay!!!  My sister finally had her baby.  #4 was due on Christmas, but waited until today to have her own grand entrance.  No stats yet, except that she's a GIRL!  I was sure she'd be a boy.  What do I know?  I just wish we lived closer.  We probably won't be able to get together until summer, if that works out this year with three new little ones in the family.  

Mom to eight!!  Our twin girls arrived 3-3-2011.

#60 of 220 Old 01-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mylilmonkeys View Post

Yay!!!  My sister finally had her baby.  #4 was due on Christmas, but waited until today to have her own grand entrance.  No stats yet, except that she's a GIRL!  I was sure she'd be a boy.  What do I know?  I just wish we lived closer.  We probably won't be able to get together until summer, if that works out this year with three new little ones in the family.  

Congrats to your sister!!!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page