January Chat Thread - Page 8 - Mothering Forums

#211 of 220 Old 01-31-2011, 06:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I wish I had the nesting bug. *sigh Can someone send a bit to me? lol

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#212 of 220 Old 01-31-2011, 06:13 AM

i don't have the nesting bug at all. i just know stuff has to get done. i've been hoping my dh would do most of it. :)

Sara ~ one dh + one 5yo boy + baby in 2011
#213 of 220 Old 01-31-2011, 05:13 PM

I have the nesting bug RIGHT now. Hopefully, I have it when DH gets home from work. I am going to clean up now. I don't understand how DH manages to destroy the house when he plays with DD! Please put away the fort blankets! Please take your socks out of her room! Please bring the bird book inside! Please put the lids back on the paint! Mini-rant over.

Nesting/organizing hasn't been going that well but shopping has smile.gif. I got a new bucket over the weekend and just ordered some changing table covers, lap pads and a pack of receiving blankets because I liked the elephants on them. I'm still trying to decide if I want new prefolds. I have the GMD prefolds from DD that are fine but stiff IMO and now they have the nice soft IPF. We had those in the brown edge and they are so much nicer and more flexible that I want them in the smaller sizes. I think I'll just get them in the yellow edge and be done with it.

We signed DD up for a soccer play class and went on Saturday. She can play this summer on the 3 year old team. We're so excited. Dh and I both played and lived for soccer in our youth. We've been talking about having a kid who plays for years. I think DH and I might both join teams too. I signed her up for toddler gymnastics at the Y the next day. I'm finally feeling like getting out and she really needs it. I've also started looking for a playgroup but haven't had any luck there yet.

Almost February.

May, DH, DD born at home 4/08, DS born at home 3/20/11.

#214 of 220 Old 01-31-2011, 08:49 PM

I have also been nesting like crazy! It is insane to think there are no dirty clothes in my house.. anywhere.  Which is pretty rare around my casa.

I still need to finish packing my birth bag. I saw my OB today and he basically said if I bleed after 36 weeks we will go ahead and do the section then. Sadly, I do not have any other option than a section as my placenta is blocking the cervical opening.. so to not have a section would mean I would bleed out and that would be bad news for all of us!

I finally got the waterproof mattress pad on the bed - since basically bleeding profusely is in my future.. I decided I did not want to ruin my mattress as well!

Hopefully all of my bleedy prep is for nothing :) 

Angie - mom to Allie 12/01, Ephram 07/09  and Asher 3/1/11
#215 of 220 Old 01-31-2011, 10:11 PM

@#$^$%^*()^$%%^#%&$&(^*&)!!!!!!!!!

my neighbors clogged the shared drainage for our kitchens. the water drained from my kitchen sink, but it's coated in rotting food. and the plumper won't be here until tomorrow. my house smells gross, and it's cold, so having the sliding doors (we have two) open is making it cold inside. I also can't run my dishwasher, even though I'm out of clean dishes because I haven't been home much to do them. 

good news is, I have all the baby stuff I need except for diapers and sling. and I need to finalize what diapers I'm getting, because DF has decided he's only putting cloth on either kid if it's a velcro All-in-one, so now I have to research all-in-ones. I also have the majority of my birth supplies, the robe, camis, and zippered bra I wanted for the birth and right after. need to order my mama cloth still though. 

I just need to work on getting the house ready now (though not right now, because my kitchen is out of commission) 

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#216 of 220 Old 02-01-2011, 03:17 AM - Thread Starter

With our first, DH was this way at the beginning.  But he quickly shifted to prefolds/covers with me when he found out just how easy it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

good news is, I have all the baby stuff I need except for diapers and sling. and I need to finalize what diapers I'm getting, because DF has decided he's only putting cloth on either kid if it's a velcro All-in-one, so now I have to research all-in-ones.

Aleyna - Mom to 6 yo DS1 wild.gifRascal and DS2 Tiny born 03/24/11
#217 of 220 Old 02-01-2011, 09:20 AM

35 weeks today! So stoked to be nearing the end, though getting nervous about getting a van in time. 4 of the pregnant couples I know have now given birth already, so I've been seeing lots of baby pics on facebook, it's getting me really excited! Poor DH is starting to get really nervous, on the other hand. He has basically zero baby experience, so every little comment from people about the lack of sleep and all the other baby annoyances are freaking him out. And of course he is a worrywort so he is already worrying about college funds for 3 (maybe 4 eventually?) kids. Funny thing is, he is a total sucker for cute little totally-dependent creatures (experience with puppies and kittens), and a high tolerance for the trouble those creatures cause (more than I have), so I know he is going to love having a baby. I just hope he doesn't lose interest in all our pets, like I've seen happen with a lot of men. That would suck since we have three dogs and two cats.

I primed most of the master bath today, today I will finish up and then put on a second coat, then Thursday I will paint. I got the no VOC paint and primer from Lowe's, I hope the quality is good. For my environmental health course last quarter I did a research paper about toxic building materials and furnishings- scared the crap out of me. I have been somewhat aware of these things for a while, and got no and low VOC bamboo flooring and kitchen cabinets, but I am a lot more vigilant these days.

Yesterday there was a meeting for our Lego Robotics League, preparing and planning for next year's competition cycle. I am very hopeful that DDs will have a much better experience than DD1 had last year. I was kind of surprised though that when we went around the parent group they all said their kids were a "maybe" for next year, many said they "would have to talk to them about it". My kids are so excited about it, it's like the best thing that's ever happened to them! Guess they are even geekier than the average geeks, haha. Anyway, really looking forward to having both of them participate.

Mama to 3 awesome girls: DD1 born 2001, DD2 born 2002, DD3 born March 2011

#218 of 220 Old 02-01-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MO_Bookwyrm View Post

With our first, DH was this way at the beginning.  But he quickly shifted to prefolds/covers with me when he found out just how easy it was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marissamom View Post

good news is, I have all the baby stuff I need except for diapers and sling. and I need to finalize what diapers I'm getting, because DF has decided he's only putting cloth on either kid if it's a velcro All-in-one, so now I have to research all-in-ones.

we used gDiapers with DD for a while, but started having major issues with them, so I got her prefolds and covers (that's what I was already planning on getting for this babe). DF was okay with the gDiapers, but refuses to use the prefolds and covers, and if he puts a diaper on her, he goes and gets a disposable (which we have in the house because I'm still using them at night and sometimes for running errands because DD hates having her diaper changed on those public-bathroom changing pads). he said that if I find him something as quick and easy to put on as a disposable he will use it. the only thing he will promise to use is an AIO with velcro, everything else is "I'm willing to pay for the convenience of disposables"

Marissa, Partner to J geek.gif, SAHM to A (05/09)fly-by-nursing1.gif and I (03/11)stork-boy.gif. we cd.gif
selectivevax.gifdelayedvax.gifnocirc.giffemalesling.GIFecbaby2.gif part-time and familybed1.gif through infancy. planning ahomebirth.jpg
#219 of 220 Old 02-01-2011, 10:46 AM

I had my m/w appt today and I'm also 35wks and 2 days. :) It went well. I went to get dd2 beforehand and she got to hear the hearbeat this time. The hb and the bp were good. Baby is head down. :D I'm also starting to see her once a wk. O.O the time is almost here!!!

I washed all my wool sweater sets that my mom had knitted for the girls ready. I need to put them away now. I have all the dipes washed. Dh is good with any type of cd's. He actually like prefolds and covers. So this little one as that and some fb's. Newborn baby clothes and blankets are washed too.

Almost ready!

Sand, Mom to three girls and a new SON!!!!  babyboy.gif Born on March 7th, 2011  I get to do these again:   bfinfant.gifslingboy.gifcd.gif
#220 of 220 Old 02-01-2011, 11:47 AM

We did not CD with DD - I really did not know much about it or know anyone who did it at the time... now tons of friends CD and I spent some time looking into it.

I was not so sure about DH being into it - I think the general "poop disposal" and laundry were his concerns.  So I suggested the local diaper service for the first few months and then we will decide from there.  What is kind of funny is that since the diaper service is pre-folds and covers the actual diapering might be a tad more work then if we just started out buying diapers as I would have been willing to go with AIO to help convince him to do CD.

It is amazing at thanksgiving when I mentioned to some of his family what we were doing how they instantly gave negative comments about how hard and awful CD was and blah blah blah...  I explained that they had no idea what they were talking about (in a nicer way) and told about how much they have changed - then told them we are using a service and so it is even easier!  But I was still kind of shocked, I don't think they meant it is such a way... but still.

Speaking of that I was also kind of shocked at my dentist last week.  She was asking where I was delivering (using MW group at a hospital) and we were joking about the potential for snow storms in March.  I make a comment that was clearly joking about me being ready to deliver the baby at home it labor was super fast and it was snowing (which I kind of actually have done very basic mental preparation as a just in case by me and DH reading the emergency childbirth booklet many people have posted in other forums on here).  She practically freaked out on me about how Oh no... that would be bad, you really need a doc.. blah blah blah.

Wow - since I could not really talk more then a word or two I ended up just not really responding - but seriously!   My kudos to you homebirthers who must deal with this kind of stuff all the time!  I would have considered HB if I thought my DH would not totally freak out (he freaked out a bit when I even just mentioned a birth center!).  But since I am comfortable with a hospital/midwife birth (really good group and hospital reputation etc.) it is fine.  So this was just like a tiny glimpse into what you guys must have to deal with.  Even not doing a HB I have tried to discuss with people how it really is a good/safe option etc - just to spread the word I guess.  I think people would drive me crazy with those comments.

---

DH is home with a diarrhea and fever thing - sooooo hoping that DD and I don't catch it.  I really don't want to deal with that myself - I will at least make sure that today I am very fully hydrated so that if I do catch it I am at least not starting off even a tiny bit dehydrated.

... and I just realized we likely have a Feb chat up already and I should post there... oh well

Jcregan, Mom to DD 4yo. DS born 3/10/2011.winner.jpg  waterbirth.jpg   and trying cd.gif  for the first time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page