accepting help - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 01-09-2011, 04:06 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Just a little note of encouragement to anyone still really feeling sick and overstressed. All those people in your life - even if it's only one or two -  if they say, *let me know if I can help at all*...take them up on it!

I've been struggling badly the last few weeks with hyperemesis and then DH and all the kids came down with the flu. Needless to say, it's not been fun in our house! My mum has decided to come from the US for a few weeks to help out but it won't be until the end of the month.  I finally decided that a few of my friends that have offered help actually do want to be helpful if they can be. I know if I offered help and was taken up on it, I'd feel glad I could make things easier for someone. Well, to make a long story short, I sent them a little email explaining the situation and that although it was hard to admit I need help, I'd really like to take them up on their offers.

The house is a mess but I'd be too embarrassed to ask them to help me clean so instead I said the thing that would help most is if they could each pick a night before my mum gets here to make a simple pot of soup or something for dinner. It was hard to ask but everyone was so sweet and really seem so happy to help.

Grocery shopping is next to impossible for me and cooking is very difficult these days...I'm feeling so much relieved to know that for the next week, dinner is taken care of for at least 5 nights! The kids will get some home cooked meals. :-)

Anyway, I just wanted to encourage someone else to take people up on their offers for help. It really will make a difference.

Married to my high school sweetheart (15years), Mamma to 3 boyspeace.gif (2000), whistling.gif(2003), blahblah.gif (2007) and growing a new little one stork-suprise.gif due late July 2011. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 01-09-2011, 04:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

You have awesome friends! Hope the offers for help continue...I know from experience that Hyperemesis sucks....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page