Coronar Lockdown - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 03-13-2020, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Coronar Lockdown

Hi Everybody!
We live in germany, as from today, all schools are closed because of the virus. That means, I'll have four highly active kids at home, between 5 and 13, two diagnosed with adhd, the younger ones probably have adhd, too, but no diagnosis.

Due to the virus, there will be no outings. No movies, no partys, no shopping malls, you get it. Luckily, we have a large house with a large garden. (weather is horrible at the moment though.)

DH works as a doctor at the local hospital, so I'll guess there won't be a lot of help.
I am chronically ill with an infected inflamed spine, chronic pain and a rheumatological disease (so I am kind of nervous, belonging to the high risk group for coronar ...) - and I cannot be physically active.

So I totally need ideas how to keep them busy. At the moment they are using screens much to much, which is not exactly calming them down...
ideas?

Love!

(I am acutually a long time at mothering.com, I needed to get a new login)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-26-2020, 04:00 PM

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 2098 Post(s)
I'm sorry I missed this post. Is outdoor recreation allowed where you are? Have you been able to figure out some activities? Has the weather improved?

I'm the crunchy mom Dr. Amy warned you about.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP old MDC. We miss you!
#3 of 4 Old 04-27-2020, 05:56 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmommy View Post
Hi Everybody!
We live in germany, as from today, all schools are closed because of the virus. That means, I'll have four highly active kids at home, between 5 and 13, two diagnosed with adhd, the younger ones probably have adhd, too, but no diagnosis.

Due to the virus, there will be no outings. No movies, no partys, no shopping malls, you get it. Luckily, we have a large house with a large garden. (weather is horrible at the moment though.)

DH works as a doctor at the local hospital, so I'll guess there won't be a lot of help.
I am chronically ill with an infected inflamed spine, chronic pain and a rheumatological disease (so I am kind of nervous, belonging to the high risk group for coronar ...) - and I cannot be physically active.

So I totally need ideas how to keep them busy. At the moment they are using screens much to much, which is not exactly calming them down...
ideas?

Love!

(I am acutually a long time at mothering.com, I needed to get a new login)
Hello,

I understand your story.
I have two toddlers (3 and 4) and a 3th coming.
My oldest of 4 is so done with the homework and my youngest really want to play with his friends.
I decided to start a miniserie to help parents as us to talk about the emotional aspect of Corona and the resilience our children might need. It is nothing special, just made at home with some friend. But it gives some activities and ways to start helping our children emotionally. It might keep them busy for a short time.

Here is the link:

the channel calls: ResilienceKids TV

I am planning to make different video's on the theme of happiness and resilience as I am trying to finish up my Phd on the theme resilience in children. If I can help some kids with some information that is a bit educational then I am happy to share it with others.

Good luck,
Naomi

#4 of 4 Old 05-28-2020, 10:06 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
More than a month now and my daughter got bored with all the other activities except watching youtube baby toy videos. Can't help! Hope this Corono goes away soon. Bad days for children at home.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page