8 yr old still wishes she was breastfed - Mothering Forums

#1 of 2 Old 06-24-2020, 06:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
8 yr old still wishes she was breastfed

Hi,
I was happy to breastfeed and let my children mostly decide when they weaned. My oldest child, however, I had to more actively wean at 4 yrs old. I was then planning my 3rd pregnancy and was really not looking forward to being pregnant and breastfeeding 2 other children. Fast forward almost 5 yrs later. My now 8 yr old daughter still gets upset 1-2 times a month that she can not breastfeed. She asks me to explain why and isn't satisfied with any explanation I can give her (I talk about how my breasts are private and it would feel uncomfortable to me and how she doesn't need it anymore etc). I try to substitute other intimate time like reading and cuddling alone but nothing satisfies this girl. She is a very sensitive soul, who can get stuck in negative thoughts about other issues too. I'd appreciate any thoughts. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 2 Old 08-02-2020, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
My daughter doesn’t get upset but she would put her hand down my shirt at bed time. It just stopped. She is 9 now. I also nursed her until she was 4. I don’t really have any advice. I just wanted to tell you that you are not alone. I finally just told her to stop. She was too old to be doing that. She still needs cuddles every night before she will fall asleep.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page