Mothering Forums

Mothering Forums (https://www.mothering.com/forum/)
-   Arts & Crafts (https://www.mothering.com/forum/66-arts-crafts/)
-   -   Oh no! Did I make a mistake? (https://www.mothering.com/forum/66-arts-crafts/318743-oh-no-did-i-make-mistake.html)

Mickiswing 07-24-2005 08:01 PM

I just pulled out my small stash, as DD has pretty much grown out of her NB sizes. I realized that on ALL my covers, the PUL is sewn with the soft side (non-laminated side) closest to baby's bottom. Is this a problem? I'm about ready to cry! They're all like that! Help me!

DandK 07-24-2005 09:26 PM

It should be fine. I've bought covers like that and I know other ladies make covers that way because it's nicer next to baby than the laminated part.

Relax mom. Your fine.

Kari_mom 07-24-2005 11:23 PM

It's ok. I'd prefer them like that if I was a baby. They might need washed a little sooner, really either way is fine.

Mickiswing 07-24-2005 11:23 PM

Angela, thank you for responding. I was so worried! Phew! The thought that they might not be usable was making me ill. A lot of time and resources (and love!) went in to those! Thanks again!

DandK 07-25-2005 02:10 AM

Not a problem. Glad I could ease your mind.

Mickiswing 07-25-2005 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari_mom
It's ok. I'd prefer them like that if I was a baby. They might need washed a little sooner, really either way is fine.
Kari_mom, thanks to you too! I missed your response yesterday

Kari_mom 07-25-2005 05:42 PM

I saw we cross-posted! :LOL

How are they working?

Mickiswing 07-25-2005 09:37 PM

they're working fine as far as not leaking! And that's what they're supposed to do, right? They are staining on the inside a little when that newborn poop escapes a little. But that's ok! I don't plan on showing the inside of the diapers to anyone!

Kari_mom 07-25-2005 11:32 PM

Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on Micki's covers....

Mickiswing 07-26-2005 12:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kari_mom
Sun, Sun, Mr. Golden Sun, please shine down on Micki's covers....
LOL, that's what I was just thinking too!

cinnamonamon 07-26-2005 01:31 AM

For future reference, you may find that they don't last quite as long as if they were done the other way...

Mickiswing 07-26-2005 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinnamonamon
For future reference, you may find that they don't last quite as long as if they were done the other way...

Thanks Carolynn! I'm definitely going to be super vigilant about making sure they're laminated side in from now on.