• 1 Post By grays_mom
  • 3 Post By Turquesa
  • 1 Post By kathymuggle

#1 of 10 Old 03-06-2020, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Once an anti vaxxer and realize the ignorance of my ways

I was on this board for YEARS and abided by all sorts of antivax propaganda. Is there any moms who have figured out that true research that sound science has dis-proven the anti-vax stance, ant, thus, chosen to vaccinate based on the death rate of those in un-vaccinated regions? (This may be my maters research so PLEASE pipe in even if it is to try to make me seem incompetant). ANTI VAXXERS, I respect your decision, but now that my kids are no longer homeschooled, I cannot keep them safe and healthy without vaccinating. I just wish you would REALLY research scholarly articles. Your child's life depends on it as well as those in your community.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 03-10-2020, 01:49 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by labgeek View Post
I was on this board for YEARS and ...
I am not an anti-vax person, but I am a skeptic who investigates claims I read. Interesting that you just joined this group and made this first post yesterday....
applejuice likes this.
#3 of 10 Old 03-10-2020, 02:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Unfortunately I was not able to recover my old account. I belonged to the 2008 and 2010 due date clubs.

#4 of 10 Old 03-19-2020, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 164 Post(s)
Quoted: 2098 Post(s)
Quote:
I was on this board for YEARS and abided by all sorts of antivax propaganda. Is there any moms who have figured out that true research that sound science has dis-proven the anti-vax stance, ant, thus, chosen to vaccinate based on the death rate of those in un-vaccinated regions? (This may be my maters research so PLEASE pipe in even if it is to try to make me seem incompetant). ANTI VAXXERS, I respect your decision, but now that my kids are no longer homeschooled, I cannot keep them safe and healthy without vaccinating. I just wish you would REALLY research scholarly articles. Your child's life depends on it as well as those in your community.
Antivax? Classy choice of language. Do you call feminists "women's libbers," too?
applejuice, Deborah and Nazsmum like this.

I'm the crunchy mom Dr. Amy warned you about.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#teamvaxchoice
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

RIP old MDC. We miss you!
#5 of 10 Old 04-17-2020, 03:36 PM

Mentioned: 251 Post(s)
Quoted: 2568 Post(s)
Quote:
It is assumptive to assume non-vaxxers have not looked at scholarly articles.
Deborah likes this.

There is a battle of two wolves inside us.  One is good and the other is evil.  The wolf that wins is the one you feed.

Book and herb loving mama to 2 teens and one young adult.
#6 of 10 Old 04-17-2020, 05:48 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
to put it simply - vaccines have helped humanity to overcome countless diseases, many of which cause long term complications or even death. IMO parents who decide not to vaccinate their child are overlooking the necessity of minimizing the proliferation of dangerous viruses among the general population. It could even be considered a selfish decision, both toward the community as a whole and to their own child.

I'm curious to see how many anti vaccination supporters will opt out of the COVID19 vaccine once it's available (fingers crossed it gets here quickly)
#7 of 10 Old 04-17-2020, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 371 Post(s)
Quoted: 3136 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodari1 View Post
to put it simply - vaccines have helped humanity to overcome countless diseases, many of which cause long term complications or even death. IMO parents who decide not to vaccinate their child are overlooking the necessity of minimizing the proliferation of dangerous viruses among the general population. It could even be considered a selfish decision, both toward the community as a whole and to their own child.

I'm curious to see how many anti vaccination supporters will opt out of the COVID19 vaccine once it's available (fingers crossed it gets here quickly)
It is all yours. Enjoy!

This video includes Hotez and Offit and Fauci all explaining why a Coronavirus vaccine could be dangerous to recipients.

vaccine injury is preventable
prevent it
(if the government still allows you to say no...) #teamvaxchoice
#8 of 10 Old 04-17-2020, 06:05 PM

Quote:

I've got a question for you.

The death rate from measles declined dramatically in the US between 1900 and 1940. The vaccine against measles became available in the 1960s. What caused the decline in the death rate between 1900 and 1940?

prevent it
#9 of 10 Old 04-17-2020, 08:46 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deborah View Post
I've got a question for you.

The death rate from measles declined dramatically in the US between 1900 and 1940. The vaccine against measles became available in the 1960s. What caused the decline in the death rate between 1900 and 1940?

I live in Europe so I wouldn't consider myself to be very familiar with US historical sociology and certainly not an expert on US infectology in the period... What's your take on it? What happened to the death rate between 1940 and 1960?
#10 of 10 Old 04-18-2020, 08:05 AM

Quote:
I live in Europe so I wouldn't consider myself to be very familiar with US historical sociology and certainly not an expert on US infectology in the period... What's your take on it? What happened to the death rate between 1940 and 1960?

Europe! How interesting.

It doesn't have to do with "infectology" which I think isn't a word in English, but I think I understand what you mean. The number of measles infections seem to have been very high through the birth cohort of 1957, basically equal to the number of children.

I am also interested that you bring up the death rate between 1940 and 1960. It continued to decline, but more slowly, just like other infectious diseases of childhood, with or without vaccines.

Anyway, What happened between 1900 and 1940 in the US was widespread clearance of the worst city slums, sewage systems and water quality systems in cities, improved food transport so more people had better food to eat and so on and so forth. Interesting that the remaining deaths from measles largely occurred in the poorest counties in the US. Just as measles continues to be a killer mostly in the poorest countries in the world.

But vaccines saved us...

prevent it

Tags
hate , ignorance , misinformation , science , vax

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page