Looking for a Doula in Upper Bucks/Lehigh Valley - Mothering Forums
 
Thread Tools
#1 of 10 Old 03-05-2009, 12:49 AM - Thread Starter
 
camelfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am 16 weeks pregnant looking for a doula in the Upper Bucks/Lehigh Valley area. I live in Upper Bucks but am delivering at Lehigh Valley Hospital with Midwives and Associates. I'm hoping for a VBAC this time around so thinking a doula might increase my chances. Also, approximately how much does it cost to have a doula? Thanks! I hope to get some good recommendations
camelfam is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
#2 of 10 Old 03-05-2009, 05:51 PM
 
Mrs. B's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Hatfield, PA
Posts: 110
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by camelfam View Post
I am 16 weeks pregnant looking for a doula in the Upper Bucks/Lehigh Valley area. I live in Upper Bucks but am delivering at Lehigh Valley Hospital with Midwives and Associates. I'm hoping for a VBAC this time around so thinking a doula might increase my chances. Also, approximately how much does it cost to have a doula? Thanks! I hope to get some good recommendations
I had a VBA2C with them in July! Good luck!

Marlene Gubler is a doula up that way and I so would have used he if she hadn't been booked. The mw have info on her. She also teaches a birth class they have info one, too.

Vincie, married to Andy and mama to Tyler (2/04), Noah (6/06) and Sean (7/08)
Mrs. B is offline  
#3 of 10 Old 03-06-2009, 06:31 PM
 
Two Spunky Monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Marlene is excellent - don't hesitate to use her!
Two Spunky Monkeys is offline  
 
#4 of 10 Old 03-06-2009, 06:32 PM
 
Two Spunky Monkeys's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: PA
Posts: 372
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh - and it's been 3 years (almost) since I used Marlene, so I don't know her current rates. But I do know she uses a sliding scale based on your income.
Two Spunky Monkeys is offline  
#5 of 10 Old 03-07-2009, 01:23 AM
 
mama24-7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: with the dust bunnies
Posts: 2,928
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 177 Post(s)
I am not sure if my doula travels that far, but her name is Marilyn Nolt & you can find her on the DONA website. I used her when my son was born in '05 & she'll be here when the babe I'm pregnant w/ arrives in July. And, you'd have to ask about the fees - I imagine they may be effected by distance traveled.

Best wishes to you!
Sus

Baby the babies while they're babies so they don't need babying for a lifetime.
mama24-7 is offline  
#6 of 10 Old 03-24-2009, 03:09 PM
 
Phoenix~Mama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
Posts: 5,213
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Congrats! I LOVE the Midwives at Lehigh Valley Midwives. Laurice delivered my little girl in January and Tina and I were pregnant at the same time, her LO arrived in December.

I didn't use Marelene's doula services but took her birth class and she is super nice and awesome. I do know another doula in the area that is relatively new and has pretty low rates. If interested, PM me.

ribbonpurple.gif  Proud Single Mama, Birth & Postpartum Doula

Student, Aspiring CNM 
treehugger.gif  DD ~ 1/7/09   shamrocksmile.gif  DS ~ 9/22/10

Phoenix~Mama is offline  
#7 of 10 Old 03-26-2009, 01:46 AM
 
jenmidwife2b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: NE PA
Posts: 385
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jenn Riedy is up in Allentown. She's a wonderful Doula.

Homebirth Midwifing mama to five blessings in Northeastern PA.
jenmidwife2b is offline  
#8 of 10 Old 03-26-2009, 06:35 PM - Thread Starter
 
camelfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for the responses ladies! Sorry I didn't get back here sooner. I thought I had subscribed to my post but I hadn't and just thought I wasn't getting replies. I'm working on contacting doulas right now...hopefully it is not too late in the game right now.
camelfam is offline  
#9 of 10 Old 03-26-2009, 06:38 PM - Thread Starter
 
camelfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mama24-7 View Post
I am not sure if my doula travels that far, but her name is Marilyn Nolt & you can find her on the DONA website. I used her when my son was born in '05 & she'll be here when the babe I'm pregnant w/ arrives in July. And, you'd have to ask about the fees - I imagine they may be effected by distance traveled.

Best wishes to you!
Sus
You know, I had heard about Marilyn Nolt early on in my pregnancy and tried to contact her via the info on the DONA website and the email came back to me. Do you by chance have her contact info that you could PM me? Thanks!
camelfam is offline  
#10 of 10 Old 03-26-2009, 06:39 PM - Thread Starter
 
camelfam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. B View Post
I had a VBA2C with them in July! Good luck!

Marlene Gubler is a doula up that way and I so would have used he if she hadn't been booked. The mw have info on her. She also teaches a birth class they have info one, too.
Yay! It is good to hear other VBAC success stories! Congrats I'll ask about Marlene Gubler at my next appointment. Thanks.
camelfam is offline  
Reply


User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Online Users: 1,237

11 members and 1,226 guests
barnetta , Deborah , Hyacinthe , idler , KerriB , lauritagoddess , lmaraial57 , omarinbox1888 , pittfler8 , PrayerOFChrist , RhiannonRain
Most users ever online was 21,860, 06-22-2018 at 09:45 PM.